Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 8th May 2012 at 6:35 AM
Quote:
Meadow Thayer was played two times. First she married into my playable family and became a pizza delivery girl. She visited the camping site on vacation many times and had a good life. Second time she married into Kevin Beare after making her playable. She was a green fan, and she had a nice tall round house all in green and lived off of getting gifts for outings most of the time, or from the wishing well's money.

I’m playing Meadow too. She started off as a uni student in a fraternity I started. I thought she would be someone who wasn’t that invested in school, so she got mediocre grades and was a drama major. She also hung out with another former teen townie. They were a few years younger than everyone and they didn’t interact as much with the other fraternity members. Later she married one of my born in game sims. They have a good marriage, but he tends to dominate the relationship. She's an actor, but she doesn’t take it very seriously, since she lives in a tourist town without a lot of acting jobs. She’s a pretty easy going and friendly in my game, but she’s not really nice. She’s very physically energenic and is constanly playing with their toddler and my born in game sim’s son. I also think that she is someone who wants to be cool. Her husband is like that too.

Quote:
The first major townie in my game was Mr. Big. I had no idea there was such a thing as Mr. Big.

My Big is fun. My current My Big (the only one I've played) married a very family oriented sim of mine. I thought that she would be attracted to his “prince like” persona. I also went with the vain thing and I see him as kind of irresponsible. His wife does most of the work, while he hangs out. I was actually surprised at how little money he brought. It was enough to make a mcmansion, but they did have any money left over.

M.A.A.A., I love your idea of creating a townie place.

CocoMouse, it’s cruel of me, but I kind of love that Amin became a stalker in your game.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 8th May 2012 at 6:55 AM
In Middleground, the home of my Fleurada legacy, pretty much every spouse or boyfriend is a townie.

Roger married Trina Centowski, a randomly generated townie. I used an empty template for the main hood and generated my own townies.

Their first son, Tyler, married local cow mascot Anna Brown. She is actually is a lot better of a person than I thought she would be originally. She's great with kids, talkative, and is a perfect match for the also outgoing-but-jerkish Tyler. My only complaint about her is her peeing in the shower. Also, it's kind of obnoxious to wear your cow costume in public even if you're now like sixty. I don't know. Maybe she's going for the birthday party cow sort of thing. It's also a pretty good thing, since once she comes over to a college house, she becomes the designated cow mascot of the house. It's nice to get surprise visits from Grandma Anna once in a while.

Their second son, Bernard, married a dormie named Marie. That one Family dormie with her brown hair up in a barrette? That one.

Tyler and Anna's first daughter, Faith, had a brief relationship and an illegitimate child with Tiave Teens (one of the Tricou teenagers). He's a jerkass and a deadbeat dad in my game. Faith's now dating playable Ty (renamed Teiji in my game) Bubble, so not going into detail about him.

Their second daughter, Bessie, is engaged to townie Alec Tan. Oddly enough, he was on Roger's welcome wagon.

Bernard's daughter Tawney is macking on a possible husband dormie. A redhead, for once.

All the rest of that family are either married/dating originally playable sims or bachelors on the prowl (as is the case with Tyler's son Theo and his cousin Craig).

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 8th May 2012 at 1:20 PM
You actually got someone married to the cow mascot? Did you do anything to eliminate normal mascot behaviors first (like a mod)?

One time Sandra Roth had a crush on a cow mascot...until he flirted with another guy. :facepalm: Then I married her off to Leod McGreggor.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Scholar
#29 Old 8th May 2012 at 1:30 PM
99% of the time I just ignore them. I know it's shallow but I can't get over how ugly they are! If one of my sims brings one home from work or school, I send them home immediately! They're not allowed to make friends with nannies and maids either!

One of my sims made best friends with one somehow, so I invited him round and made my sim fight with him until they hated each other!

Although I did adopt a child, Alon, and he's a teen now, he fell for my sim who he grew up with (not related, but still feels a bit incesty), so they're going steady.

Also recently I accidentally put the cat lady, Tara Kat, from Pets into my game (I didn't realise the lot was occupied, I thought it was an empty house), so I gave her a make-over, decorated and re-furnished the house, and bought her some new clothes I've been playing with her for a bit, trained all her cats to be good, and one of my sims just fell for her (3 bolts and everything), so I might be buying a hat soon!
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 8th May 2012 at 2:15 PM
Do adopted children count as townies or premades? Because I've adopted two, Matthias Runner and Albert Terry, but they were babies when I did so I doubt they were destined to be regen-townies. Hmm, maybe that's how it works. All townies start in the adoption pool as babies or toddlers (children are both). Then when they need to generate a townie, one of those unadopted babies ages, gets a random name, and becomes a new townie. We've just never notised because we don't know the names of every single unadopted baby and toddler in the adoption pool.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 8th May 2012 at 2:25 PM Last edited by Fivey : 8th May 2012 at 2:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
You actually got someone married to the cow mascot? Did you do anything to eliminate normal mascot behaviors first (like a mod)?

One time Sandra Roth had a crush on a cow mascot...until he flirted with another guy. :facepalm: Then I married her off to Leod McGreggor.

No, I didn't. She matured on her own accord. In fact, after she moved into a residential with Tyler, she got jealous because a different cow mascot hit on him ("Hey! Wrong cow, you jerkass!"). It was kind of funny because after she was already furious, Tyler accepted a suggestive remark from said cow mascot (who was male, by the way). Must be a closet furry or something.

Then Tyler began on his crusade to win back Anna's heart, which he did succeed in and ended up in an engagement.

Anyway, like I said, the only problem I have with Anna is that she pees in the shower and walks around in public in a cow costume. Never has given me any other problems. Most evil thing she has ever done is become a Criminal Mastermind. Oh, and causing the break up between Tyler and his ex-girlfriend. But that was his fault. Tyler was flirting with cow mascot Anna Brown when his girlfriend Mehrissa walked in...

So, yeah.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 8th May 2012 at 6:02 PM
The townies are tabla rasa so I've gotten good use out of many of them.

Meadow, Mr. Big, Marisa Bendett, Kaylynn, Melissa Fancy are among those who have made strong genetic contributions. I still have Bendetts by name in the game.

I have a thing for the Divas, and I have made several playable over generations. The Orginal Diva, who died in pregnancy while grieving for her husband Mr. Big, was recently resurrected by her surviving daughter Victoria when Vikkie was an old woman. This has been my only resurrection to date, and was Victoria's life project. The family ties are now rather complicated and incestuous, so it's been kept a big secret (Diva was explained as V;'s lost, younger cousin). The rescued baby -- also named Victoria -- is now a teen. She still has some living "cousins" who are all rather old in the tooth. Makes for some interesting random encounters (i.e. um.. do I know you? I having a feeling we have met before ...? It's almost like we are related or something..."

Oh, Goopy's in game now too. I like the fact that many townies are ... unconventional in looks. But with a trip to the clothing shop and a new haircut, they easily slide into place. Brandi Letourneau's makeover made her alluring and desirable... that was fun. Anyway there's a wide range.

A couple of townies where brought into play briefly as live-in boyfriends and girlfriends, but didn't make the cut and were replaced by playables (my preference really). I recently started using Sim Blender so it was easy to restore their status.

Now much of the time, I don't need them so I ignore them. They don't get talked to, they don't get invited over and so on. I handwave the temporal disconnects, and just pretend 4th generation Goopy is not first generation Goopy. It's not like they have memories anyway.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 8th May 2012 at 7:11 PM
I love the Pleasantview townies! Yes, some of them are butt ugly, but I love their 'signature' bad genetics. We aren't all beautiful, flawless people in real life, so why would I want a town full of beautiful flawless sims! I usually use the NPC and Townie item to change their clothes, though. I can deal with Kennedy Cox's astronomical nose, but I will stab something if I see another townie in those black flame pants.

I often use Meadow Thayer as a girlfriend for some of my sims. I like her so much that I moved her in with a CAS couple and then killed them off so she could have some ~tragic, orphaned background. She lives by herself in the trailer park and uses the community lots to make money, and she's dating Beau Broke (whom I renamed Brett, because really, Beau? What is this, Days of Our Lives?)

Benjamin Long and Kennedy Cox are other sims that I've brought into gameplay a few times. In my current play, neither of them are being used but in previous games I've had Kennedy father a couple of kids with Florence Delarosa (his nose, by the way, is a very dominant feature. Those poor girls could put an eye out), and Benjamin Long has married Brandi Broke a few times. And I love Goopy and his dainty little eyebrows! He has frequently hooked up with some of my sims, especially the romance sims. In fact, woohooing Goopy is like a rite of passage for my romance sims, now that I think about it.
Alchemist
#34 Old 8th May 2012 at 7:29 PM
I've only played the Pleasantview townies. Kennedy Cox kept causing trouble, so I killed him. Mr. Big - Hobart in my game, lives with Nina Caliente. They have a son and are engaged. He also happens to be the town's most neglectful dad. Benjamin Long hung around Hobart's place a lot, taking care of Hobart and Nina's toddler, since no one else was doing it*, and while he was there, he met one of a neighborhood Sim and and they eventually got married and had a son.

Brandi Broke married Talin Depiessie (sp). They have two sets of twins and Talin is working his way through the politics career.

*Benjamin took care of the tot all on his own too, which made him my favorite townie.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 8th May 2012 at 7:51 PM
I should marry a Sim off to Goopy....

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 8th May 2012 at 8:04 PM
I give them makeovers, and have a mod that ages any that are on the lot at six PM each day, so eventually they will grow old. (And when I'm sick of looking at them, I use the Visitor Controller.)
Instructor
#37 Old 8th May 2012 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I should marry a Sim off to Goopy....

At least he makes cute babies. But then again I actually like template 17 :D
Field Researcher
#38 Old 8th May 2012 at 8:30 PM
SusannaG: What mod? Could you link it?
Mad Poster
#39 Old 8th May 2012 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aUserName
M.A.A.A., I love your idea of creating a townie place.

Aww! Thank you!

What I did was, in addition to what I previously wrote, was just to get the townies and safe NPCs with the same last names to be linked together into a family, using Insimenator and Simblender.

I also had notownieregen installed, but figured out that I will probably need some more people in my N'Hood, so I deleted it, however, antiredundancy is still in the downloads folder, since I don't want many useless NPCs.
Scholar
#40 Old 9th May 2012 at 1:27 AM
I had a sim who married Goopy. The kid turned out to be an exact clone (facial features), but he died from a random fire as a child o_o.

Meadow Thayer married my animal lover sim who had a huge house for breeding pets. Meadow is the chef at a local japanese restaurant. She became widowed when Stan (her husband) died from illness, leaving her a large but empty house with 3 teen daughters. They are currently low on cash and are making end's meet. I'm still deciding if they should move to one apartment or now that her twins are adult, if I should split up the household.

La Shawn Cameron married my doctor sim and was a great chef as well. They had two kids, but she decided to cheat on her husband with a Joe Carr TWICE, while her husband happened to be in the room when they were woohooing both times *facepalm* They later divorced and La Shawn lived her elder stage with Joe at a mobile homes complex. La Shawn was also the original owner of the Japanese restaurant mentioned earlier, till she died and her daughter took over.

Hmm I also have a sim whos married to Jill Fleig, nothing too interesting in their lives yet. And I have a sim who is currently madly in love with Benjamin Long. Lets see how that turns out xD

I only consider playing townies if my sims are really attracted to them.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 9th May 2012 at 2:26 AM
Oh, and in a deleted neighborhood, I had a self-sim that married Benjamin Long and produced a baby. He was very boring though. Never rolled anything besides Knowledge wants, and wasn't very autonomous.

Simblr.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 9th May 2012 at 5:16 PM
I had one of my sims marry off Townie Jan Tellerman(Romance Sim) and my sim was Family.They had 2 boys and they both looked like Jan.She became very buggy and glitched so I killed her off by hunger lol.Most of the PV townies act odd sometimes,so I tend too stay away from them.But Andrea Hogan makes a great mom and business woman and she has gorgeous girls with Blonde hair.Love the dye jobs on some of them.And I always off Kennedy Cox..He's a fighter in my hood and I can't stand seeing him beating up half the town.
I think my favorite Townie would be Alvin Futa because he's a neat freak and I tend too play those kind and he even does produce cute girls err. sometimes.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 12th May 2012 at 10:24 AM
I make families out of them. Looking for townies with same last name. I hade the family Sims in 3 generations, whid a lot of siblings and cousins. They took over the whole neighborhood.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 12th May 2012 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Theis118
SusannaG: What mod? Could you link it?

Hm... I've had it a while. Let me see if I can find it, and then figure out where I got it.

I think it's 'ah-NPC-aging', from Ancient Highways. Don't know what happened to that site, as I tried to go there just now and got nothing. Did they go offline?
Test Subject
#45 Old 13th May 2012 at 1:04 AM
Quote:
What did you do with the premade Townies, Downtownies and dormies?

Killed them. KILLED THEM ALL.

Test Subject
#46 Old 30th May 2012 at 7:17 PM
Delete them
Mad Poster
#47 Old 30th May 2012 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kimby7
Delete them

Ooops, another newbie. For the sake of your game, please read:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Hood_Corruption
Instructor
#48 Old 30th May 2012 at 7:41 PM
This is going to sound mad but my sims with the family aspiration, i use the npcs as the parents of my sims kids! When i can't be bothered to take my sims out or make a sim family and have to wait the time to move them into a house

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Scholar
#49 Old 30th May 2012 at 8:32 PM
I use clean neighborhood templates and just never have another fug townie again.
Instructor
#50 Old 30th May 2012 at 9:07 PM
Before the templates , I hunted townies for two reasons. One set of sims married the townies. The other set killed them without mercy. I'm sure Meadow Thayer had her share of both. Goopy was killed almost exclusively.
Page 2 of 3