Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 3:29 AM
Default Edit Fountain Animation

This fountain has been cloned from the water fountain of open for business expansion.
How do I edit the animation of falling water, to match the edge of the fountain?
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 4:01 AM
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean.

If you want to switch the water effect to another water effect, then it would be as simple as changing a value in the Text List entry: for example,the Nightlife fountain uses an effect called EP2_fountainWallFx

Or are you wanting to create a new water animation/effect?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 4:49 AM Last edited by inu300988 : 5th Jul 2014 at 1:06 PM.
What I mean is: How to make water drops falling, are equal to the diameter of the upper plate of the fountain?, because the effect of the original fountain is smaller and is in the center of the new mesh.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:16 AM
That would be an effect. I'm not completely sure how you would go about editing its shape since it's not like a normal object. I know it's possible to make texture overrides for effects, but they would be global. If you were able to edit the effect to change its dimensions, it would globally affect any other object that uses that effect.

Off hand, I don't see a Material Definition file for it, but you might could create a mesh group of the appropriate dimensions and replicate the dripping water with texture animation

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 4:38 AM
Oh, thank you very much for your explanation!, it has been very helpful to me that I am a novice in the field of animation and effects.