Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 9:19 AM
Default Custom contents crash the game!
Hy!

I've read so many forums and articles about custom content but I can't solve my problem.

I've downloaded a lot of custom content to the Sims 2. There isn't any problems with body shop downloads (hairs, clothes, etc....) but when I put some objects, houses, walls & floors into my downloads map, the game has crashed. I've tried some ways to filter custom contents that cause problem (Sims2 pack clean installer, simPE) and I deleted incorrect items but the game still not works. If I delete all of obejct and building content from my download map, everyhing's all right but i can't imagine buliding and furnishing houses without custom contents I'd be so happy about some useful advices THANKS!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 9:29 AM
It's almost certainly issues with the specific CC that you're using.

Objects usually require the expansion pack from the item they were cloned from (so if someone made a chair cloning one from Apartment Life, you must have Apartment Life to use the custom chair). Not having that EP can cause your game to crash.

Likewise, houses require the EPs they were built with, regardless of whether or not they used items from the EP to build on that specific lot. Not having the EPs required can cause your game to crash when you load the lot. Lots can also come with CC that may require an EP you don't have, so you may also run into it being lot related, but not specifically the lot.

So it's important to double-check the EPs required if you don't have absolutely everything, only download items that work with the EPs you have, and if you're still running into trouble, only download from really good, popular creators, so you have a reasonably sure idea that they've marked the EPs correctly.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 10:46 AM
I think I dont have too much possibilities so I'm going to delete all items and start downloading again. But this time I will pay more attention to requied EPs and I will download from reliable pages only.

Thanks for your help!
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved