Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 10:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Mod error & OFB help
I am not sure exactly which category this should go in first off, and since the mod was downloaded I just figured this would be under downloads, forgive me.

So while playing the Tinker family today and starting their business, I put out a few mods to help with things like customer limit adjuster, Timeclock, autocash register, auto restock sign, as well as customer selector. Now when I had put all of it out and limited which sims could come to the set up home business I chose to block townies, downtownies, and NPCS because.. well they are annoying! And that's when the errors started. It was saying something like "Controller - CLP - Community Lot - Populator" and so after trying to reset it, it kept happening but it was coming up with sims names like Jodie for example. After that I just deleted it and now I can't seem to locate where I got it from so if someone could squeeze a link in that'd be great. The thing is though it worked fine on my other lots but I think choosing the options for NPCS, downtownies, and townies not to come maybe made it happen. Oh and the mod in game which I am speaking of looks like a gray square box, it's kinda small too.

The second problem is that when I started the business two neighbors came when I had the sign to 'open' which I didn't mean to and shoo'd them off. If my memory is correct I think I added the mods onto the lot before or after shooing those sims. The thing is now that no one will come to the business at all, I tried opening and closing the store sign, checking the phone-- and nothing! Did I just screw over the home business lot of the Tinkers to not work anymore?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 10:19 PM
Creators support their own work. You'll need to determine exactly which mod is causing the problem, then talk with the creator. It's also possible that conflicts between two or more of the mods are causing the problem. If that's true, you might want to let each of the creators know about the conflict.

That means that you'll need to do the Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ, especially the part about finding problem CC.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 10:41 PM
I'll try that but I honestly can't remember where the mod was from, I know that sounds dumb but I guess my head was wrapped in many things at that moment. So i'll keep trying to find the creator Mootilda, but till then well I can live without it.
Site Helper
#4 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 11:24 PM
You can ask in the WCIF forum. People there can help you to find the creator and the download link.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 11:30 PM
Thanks Mootilda, my bad for not doing that.
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 11:45 PM
Look at Simwardrobe/Paladin's Place for the mods. Not sure how to ask for help though, the support link gave me an error.

ETA: Customer selector should be from MATY.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 1:13 AM
Well I know it's not at simswadrobe/paladin's palace because I've looked through the 'business facilitators' where it probably would be and they had nothing like that.

I actually was able to find it at MATY, thanks!

Now all the problem is the whole error thing..
Site Helper
#8 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 2:01 AM
... And the fact that some creators have stopped supporting The Sims 2. However, the first step is to find which mods are causing the problem.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 4:00 PM
@Mootlida - Yea that's true, and I do know it's the customer selector, but it could've just been because I had blocked Downtownies, townies, and npcs from coming to the particular lot.. so maybe that's why business isn't booming for the Tinker family.