Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #10: Vincent's Sim Modder *UPD 22-SEPT*

by Numenor Posted 21st Sep 2005 at 12:36 AM - Updated 4th Nov 2005 at 8:08 AM by Numenor : Object now available in community lots

174 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 163 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 7
Test Subject
#51 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 4:37 AM
Thank you very much for making this object visible. After a day spent typing at work, I hated having to type out the "boolprop" cheats, along with the fact that I would forget to shut them off and end up doing weird things with items or sims that I didn't mean to do!
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 4:51 AM
I found this browsing the new testingcheats spawn items, when I was trying to live without insiminator... and I messed with the NPC/Townie/Date maker thing... made 12 more vamps...
Test Subject
#53 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 6:03 AM
Jumping up and down! Thank you for find this--I hate typing in the cheats--this is much easier!
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#54 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 6:10 AM
as i'm certain you've noticed, i live here now, and will not host my version of this anywhere, so you can edit the text above in your post if you wish Numenor, my friend
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 8:01 AM
Ooops! You're right...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 12:15 AM
Yea, but this makes it easier, when I want simpler things -and smaller- things then the InSIMinator... and this has relationships on it, yea, I like that thing.
Scholar
#57 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 10:42 AM
This is kinda like the Merola's Multi Painting isnt it,
Why have two of the same things?

-----Casey

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 12:05 PM
Merola's painting is an old object, that included the cheating functions probided with the base game; this object includes all the same functions as merola's painting, plus the new ones provided by the Nightlife (that's why this object is NL-Only).

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#59 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 6:37 AM Last edited by lunacouer : 4th Dec 2005 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Glitch is part of the game, not the object
I just wanted you to know, Numenor, that I tested this in the game, and I had a bit of a "glitch". I do have NL installed. I used it in at Sims State Uni. to have my sim "like" all others (I believe I selected "All to Me") on the lot (the Pinenut Dorm), which put all of her relationship points at 50 for all on lot (6 others). That worked, but then I couldn't become friends with any of these people. I don't get the smiley face for any of them, even after upping both the daily and the long term relationship scores, except one, who's daily relationship score went to 83. So it appears that I have to get those relationships over 80 for her to be friends with them. I tried moving her out of the dorm, then moving her back in, but all those relationships are still the same. Unfortunately, I had saved before checking out what was happening with her relationships. BTW, I do have other hacks in the game, GunRod's camera change, Merola's painting, the Move-In Normal (I'm sorry, I can't find who did this), Moniques Little Sister computer and Hackster Manic's Hacker Career, so those could affect it? I just thought you'd want to know about this friendship "glitch".

BTW, I completely appreciate your dedication to bringing the Simming community the very best, most beautiful, and coolest objects, hacks, and creations. I salute you. :salute:

EDIT: Never mind, I was just playing University, with no hacks at all in the Downloads folder, and the same trouble is happening with some of the friends. Some friends my Sim can make after 55 relationship points, some with 65 and some have to go up to 80. Glitchy, glitchy, glitchy game, this is. Anyhoo, it's not the doll.
Test Subject
#60 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 9:02 PM
Thank you, Numenor! I have wanted something like this, as testingCheats has caused some problems.
Test Subject
#61 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 11:26 PM
how do you get the boolprop cheat in your startup folder? Do you just type boolprop testingcheatsenabled as a file name?

aren't we all sane in an insane world? Wait, is it just some, like me???
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 17th Nov 2005 at 8:06 AM
No, you have to add the line boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true into the userStartup.cheat file (located into the "config" folder").

Test Subject
#63 Old 21st Nov 2005 at 5:40 AM
Good work- but already discovered this item in the "TestingCheats enabled" cheat...
Test Subject
#64 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 5:52 AM
this is great now my vampire town will realy take off : p
Test Subject
#65 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 6:02 AM
sorry i put that post in the wrong place
Test Subject
#66 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 8:31 PM
I downloaded it but I cant find it in the buy menu!!! WHERE IS IT?!?!
Test Subject
#67 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 8:36 PM
sorry, never mind I found it now * wipes tear off cheak *
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 4:22 PM
Thank you Numenor, for sharing your expertise with us. I recently registered on this site for the sole purpose of letting you know how much I appreciate all the ways you've enhanced the game.

“Meddle not in the affairs of the dragon; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.”
-unknown
Test Subject
#69 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 1:58 AM
OMG I downloaded it but I can't find it in the buy menu, not even under misc/misc!! Can sum1 help? U said to "extract" it which I can't do, it downloaded as a .rar.. Am I doing something wrong here..?

..Dont you find it odd that people who like Final Fantasy like the Sims?

MUAHAHAHAHAHA I know your secret!! Listen up everybody!! The secret to creating this masterpiece is.... Whats the secret again..?
Test Subject
#70 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 2:01 AM
Btw, I DO have Nightlife. That's not the problem.. Something is tho........

MUAHAHAHAHAHA I know your secret!! Listen up everybody!! The secret to creating this masterpiece is.... Whats the secret again..?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 2:04 AM
Leonheart - "RAR" is an archive, like "Zip", just a different format.
To extract files from rar archives, you need one of the many archive manager, for instance 7-zip, or QuickZip (which is the one I use).

Test Subject
#72 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 2:06 AM
Thanks, u rock!

Test Subject
#73 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 2:06 AM
I found the EXACT SAME object when using boolprop... i put in the cheat, and clicked and did spawn... more... sim modder... and it has most... i advise against using the age setter unless ur doin a movie... its useless... it changes the appearance not the sim's aspiration, turn-ons/offs, relationship ability...

This isnt a flame if ur wondering... its just something i found...
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#74 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 2:19 AM
Coby if you read the first post youd see Numenor knows this is an extracted item- oy no one reads-
This lets you use cheats wihtout having the debug code running

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
It would be creepy! Especially when the kid would eat the doll's ear...
But it's a funny idea, nevertheless. Perhaps... perhaps... perhaps...!
:stick:
Please, Please, Please, Pleeeeeease!.... :bow:
Make us the baby doll bear?

Oh thank you! :bandit:

Oh, roh bitah!
Looking for the graveyards?
There "All" Here! -> The Sims Graveyard - http://thesimsgraveyard.com, In One Place :)
Page 3 of 7