Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#376 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 5:04 AM
My dog is the same way. I washed him today because it was actually quite warm, and then he goes off and lays inside and shivers. Does he want to go outside where it is baking? No. He wants to stay indoors. So we turned up the heat, but he was still cold.

I don't get it. It was nearly 90 degrees outside in the hot sun. Indoors its about 70. But still... He is cold.
Advertisement
Scholar
#377 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:18 PM
My dog shivers after a bath, but I know he's not actually cold because I blow dry him. I'm pretty sure he just wants my sympathy as he's pretty good at looking adorable to get food or attention.

He's not even a "shivery" dog. He's a shitsu, but he's a lean 19lbs. Pretty big for a small dog.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Mad Poster
#378 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:45 PM
I read somewhere that if dogs shiver after a bath, it may be because they are trying to cool off. They also shiver to keep warm, so I guess it's hard to tell which temperature they are. Maybe when they first get out of the tub they are hot and then afterwards they are cold? Supposedly, the better you dry them, the better they can stay warm.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#379 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 12:04 PM
Our Chiwawa (sp?) never stops shivering, that's why I never let her on the bed. Nothing like waking up to a tiny ball shivering enough to shake the whole bloody bed.

My roomate decided to bug me at work yelling for Jason (trying to bring out a ghost). No ghost appeared, but shortly there after my friend Christ decided to send a picture of himself nakkie. Yup, nothing more scary then a pastey white nakkie fairy.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Mad Poster
#380 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 12:15 PM
You know, now that you mention it, every chihuahua (thank you, spellcheck!). I've ever seen shook all the time, too. I wonder why? Are they too small? Too thin? The breed comes from Mexico, I wonder if they shake when it's as warm as it gets in Mexico?

Scholar
#381 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 10:52 PM
I burnt my microwaveable pizza.
Instructor
#382 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 11:28 PM
I have a gastric ulcer. Spent a night in the hospital last weekend.
Can't drink coffee ...
Mad Poster
#383 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 12:09 AM
I felt ill yesterday, and I had to take one of my kittens to the vet.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Top Secret Researcher
#384 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
You know, now that you mention it, every chihuahua (thank you, spellcheck!). I've ever seen shook all the time, too. I wonder why? Are they too small? Too thin? The breed comes from Mexico, I wonder if they shake when it's as warm as it gets in Mexico?

My chihuahuas only shake if they are cold, in pain or scared because someone is yelling.

In Beverley Hills Chihuahua they say they shake because they know the power of their inner strength! This link has a few other explanations:

http://www.welovechihuahuas.com/why...ihuahuas-shake/

Interesting that it is common for them to have low blood sugar.
Instructor
#385 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 4:57 AM
My father tripped and spilled his coffee all over my mother's white dry-clean only bedroom curtain. It is her favorite. It flew everywhere, and because my mom is sick I had to take the curtain down off the rod and scrub it with water and soap to get the stains out. The coffee flew everywhere. My mom is a dear, and there is no way she's going to have to scrub that. It took a long time to get clean.

To his credit dad didn't know he'd drenched the curtain and came out to help, but, by then I had mostly finished.
Top Secret Researcher
#386 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 6:24 AM Last edited by Riptide651 : 27th Feb 2012 at 3:13 PM.
I went to a hockey game today, and in the third period, the referee broke up a fight two seconds in, which is strange because its hockey and you are allowed to fight until someone falls, and then the ref breaks it up. In fact most people watch hockey just for the fights, and when one occurs everybody starts cheering as loud as if someone had scored a goal. Then through out the rest of the game people were shouting "Ref you suck!" over and over again, which normally lasts only a few minutes at most. Yeesh, I must imagine how that guy must feel, pretty suckish right?

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Test Subject
#387 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 7:24 AM
My rant: There`s this guy at my High School who`s such a d**k.

I swear to freaking GOD, all he does is insult people. Also, I knew him from primary school.

One time he called me "A F***ing Spaz" (And yes, I know what that means).

I Mean, what the hell? Do teen boys have no decency at all?!?

Life stage: Teen

Traits: Artistic, Charismatic, Genius, Workaholic

LTW: Perfect Mind, Perfect Body
Mad Poster
#388 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 1:10 AM
@VerDeTerre: My inbox is freed up now.

I have to keep drinking water but I'm so damn cold, and on top of that any source of light, natural or not, is TOO BRIGHT for me . . . sigh.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#389 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RandomTouchOfDeath
I Mean, what the hell? Do teen boys have no decency at all?!?

As a general rule, no. You should try online gaming.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#390 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
My father tripped and spilled his coffee all over my mother's white dry-clean only bedroom curtain. It is her favorite. It flew everywhere, and because my mom is sick I had to take the curtain down off the rod and scrub it with water and soap to get the stains out. The coffee flew everywhere. My mom is a dear, and there is no way she's going to have to scrub that. It took a long time to get clean.

To his credit dad didn't know he'd drenched the curtain and came out to help, but, by then I had mostly finished.
SimsLover, you are an angel to do this for your parents.

Scholar
#391 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 9:56 PM
We have no healthy food in the house. I feel like crap because all I've been eating is junk.
Mad Poster
#392 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 6:14 AM
I'm going to put this out there and say that Maxis in its own right did SO DAMN WELL with the houses and lots in Life Stories. A++!! Somebody KNEW what they were doing and obviously had actually played the game. It feels so realistic and every layout was well-thought-out and well-proportioned, unlike most basegame houses. I also liked the inclusion of some University objects into the game. It really added a nice touch. My only vent right now is that I cannot for the life of me find a way to get the cheat menu to open in this game! I'm starting out Vincent's Story and I need to fix something that's stuck but alas, CTRL SHIFT C doesn't work. T_T That and I really, really want the lots for my main TS2 game, but . . . no export button! Sigh.

This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
#393 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 10:49 PM
I gained 3 pounds -.-, I'm frustrated with one of my co-workers, and I've been looking at people's Build a city challenge and it has inspired me to try one, but the minute I turn on the computer I feel completely uninspired.
Theorist
#394 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:21 AM
Got conned into watching The Devil Inside. Well, maybe that's not an accurate phrase to word it, but, really... A friend just said the trailer was good, and I end up agreeing to watch it with them. I'm really appalled with myself... I should've known better to read the critical reception first, rather than trusting a trailer I didn't even watch.

Especially because trailers always lies
Mad Poster
#395 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 8:42 AM
I've sacrificed too much time of my night at getting this damn Showtime shit to work. I am SO mad. NOW WHAT, GAMES REVIEWER?!

-collapses in sobbing heap with cup of coffee, the novel Men Who Hate Women (aka Dragon Tattoo), and blankets in hand-

Field Researcher
#396 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 7:51 PM Last edited by opiumgirl : 7th Mar 2012 at 8:46 PM.
ok I know this is a lame vent:
I really really want to re-install sims2, but my University cd is broken, I need Uni! I cannot find another copy for love or money. I was so excited when I installed the base game and saw the Maxis logo, I swear I got chills. Now I am just depressed

ha! lexylu gave me a link that helped, it means I have to buy it again, but I am so glad I don't care! Yipee!

@ DigitalSympathies: "I've sacrificed too much time of my night at getting this damn Showtime shit to work. I am SO mad. NOW WHAT, GAMES REVIEWER?!
-collapses in sobbing heap with cup of coffee, the novel Men Who Hate Women (aka Dragon Tattoo), and blankets in hand-"

You shouldn't have to go there at all, my sympathies with your situation!
EA has asked a major online game site to withdraw their user reviews of Mass Effect 3, because they fear it will effect sales, no shit Sherlock!
Inventor
#397 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:50 AM
*Sigh*- I swear, EA's standards just seem to get lower and lower, and with more and more stupid, underhanded, or similarly bad decisions being made.

Not exactly a vent, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. Yeah, spiders aren't usually an animal that bothers me, but there is still a huge "OH DEAR GOD NO!" factor to this story, even if it is ultimately beneficial. I can't shake the feeling either that after that photograph with the dog was taken, that the poor pooch ended up being dragged away and eaten by the things.
Field Researcher
#398 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 8:00 AM
Honestly, the dog would have been fine, and the spiders are quite small. Hope that helps. :-)
Scholar
#399 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:06 PM
pffff. arachnophobia.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Mad Poster
#400 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:52 PM
My latest rant? Not being able to get the registration key for my Life Stories game because I can't find the manual! What the hey, EA?

*goes on another hunt for the game manual*

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Locked thread | Locked by: jhd1189 Reason: Please use the new thread!
Page 16 of 47