Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 10:58 PM
How do I include common interaction to a converted crib?
I converted a crib, however I can not do it to be "usable" for the simple fact that I do not know the common interactions of a cot in the object. Some of you could direct me to a tutorial for this? And if it is also possible, in time to create a clode object (to use base conversion) which boxes should I select or clear exactly? Thank you!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 11:02 PM
What did you clone to make your object? If you cloned a crib (which you should have done) then the interactions should already be there.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
What did you clone to make your object? If you cloned a crib (which you should have done) then the interactions should already be there.

was what I did the first time, do not know if the time to create the clone, I do not ticked the right option .. when I entered the game with the converted crib ready, it did not work, did not have any interaction ... and I also wanted to convert one of those baby bounce, except I do not know how to include the interaction there.

I know I'm probably checking or leaving to schedule something they should not, this may be the problem? what are the boxes that should be and / or may not be marked?
Screenshots
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 12:14 AM
Did you export the cloned mesh? If so, you probably needed to extract it instead - right click the GMDC and click extract. If you use MilkShape, you'll need the Sims 2 UniMesh Import plug-ins to be able to import the mesh into MilkShape. This will allow you to assign the joints to your new mesh.

The above is short, sweet and missing some information I know. Most animated objects need to have the joints assigned to them to be able to work right in game. There's a tutorial I followed years ago when I made my first gate- at the moment I don't have the link to it but I do believe I saved the tutorial on my computer. At the moment I'm a bit tied up with something else... if you can't wait until I get back to this thread, Google can be rather friendly. lol. (OR maybe you already know this stuff? OR maybe someone else will come along with links/more advice?)

Also- this is based on my assuming that cribs do indeed need to be made this way. AND, if crib bedding is like regular bedding (a bazillion joints that you shouldn't change at all or it will bork the bedding) you won't want to change anything about the bedding, just the frame.