Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 7:42 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Downtown as Mainhood?
Is it possible to have a downtown as your mainhood? I love downtownies and wish they were seen more in my mainhood than regular townies!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 12:58 PM
You can. Check this out. There may be newer files, but this still works, AFAIK.
https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

"Downtown
Now you can use Downtown as your main neighourhood if you'd like! Note: It will no longer function as a downtown (with downtownies etc).
Requires: Nightlife
Install instructions: Put directly in your Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods folder OR your -INSTALL LOCATION-\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods folder. You'll need to regenerate the Neighborhoods folder in Documents for the new 'hoods to show up. I haven't tested option 2, but it should work."

In order to make the downtownies show up, I think you need to change the Family Instance of those downtownies to the one for townies in SimPE (not difficult). I have only tried it going the other way, changing townies to downtownies, but I think it would work. I don't play downtown, so I don't know if there are other differences. Are there?

If what you really want are downtownies in your regular hood, then you don't need the hood, you just need to change the Family Instance, I'm pretty sure, but, again, I've only tested it the other direction. I would definitely do this in SimPE, but you may be able to do it with Inge's teleporter cat or other such mods in-game.