Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 11:59 PM
Default There are heroes, so I want some villains.
Something to keep the game interesting and balanced. Maybe some Robin Hoods or a Lord of Darkness or stuff like that. There is the witch in TSM but she's not really playable, and I think it really is a shame. Once you get your kingdom to a prosperous state, I find it hard to bring it down to a state where the other quests are available, thus personally I've never even seen the witch yet. As mentioned, I would love me some pirates. And a serf farmer is kind of a must in the medieval times really, is it not?
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 12:36 AM
More domestic type things - I'd love to be a farmer, or a scholar, or an executioner, or a noble. Especially a scholar - that has some potentially great things to it. Or maybe some kind of bandit or outlaw type Hero - that would be cool. But I'm not interested in that so much as things like... one thing that disappointed me most about this is that we only get one map to explore and it's the same every time. I wonder why they couldn't make it so it's randomized or something? that would have been awesome. I want more world maps and places to explore.

Also, get rid of all these accursed rabbitholes. Stop using and abusing them, EA.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 2:57 AM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if farmer is in a future expansion. After all they already have gardening in Sims3 so I would think that they could use that as their basis. I also agree with the consensus that wants a weaver/tailor type class. Since they already have decorative items for such a class it almost feels like it got left out.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 9:05 AM
While appearance wise a kingdom can be somewhat evil, I really like to see this pressed further with a kingdom allignment or reputation aside from the regular status. Being good or evil could both have their advantages, and open up different quests.

Good heroes could feel uncomforteable in an evil kingdom, and evil heroes could feel uncomforteable in a good kingdom. Both could have options available to improve their situation, but it could be dangerous and risk their life. An evil knight could plot to overthrow the monarch, a good bard could try to encourage the people to keep hope, priests could either preach peace or war depending on their allignment, etc.

And as mentioned earlier, the allignment of the kingdom could determine the challenges they face. An evil kingdom could have to deal with brave knights in shining armor trying to free the people from its evil ruler, crush rebellions, gather soldiers to send away on conquests and might call on dark powers to improve themselves, as a counterbalance to the legendary traits this could be corruption traits which also replace the fatal flaw.

Some ideas for corruption traits:
-demonic. (sim gets red eyes and can swordfight regardless of class, during battle they turn into a hideous looking but powerfull demon, to do this an armor suit could be used that can't be unequipped. Any used sword could automaticly use fire.)
-feared. (Sims don't need positive relations with someone to get things done, people obey out of fear instead.)
-Assasin. (sims are able to assasinate anyone with a dagger, if anyone sees it they get thrown in the pit however.)
-Lich. (exclusive to wizards, they use magic to prolong their life. Their skin could turn an unhealthy pale greyish color, their eyes could turn black and their teeth could become dark as well. Necromancy spells also become available.)

Now as for good kingdoms, they could be threatened by evil powers and would need to fight them in many different ways. Physicians fighting against a plague, bards convincing an evil person to change their ways, and more.
Page 2 of 2