Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 4:59 PM Last edited by SayanAmanda : 17th Jul 2014 at 3:01 AM. Reason: question has been answered to the best of my ability
Default Solved I want vacation sims to still age. Is it possible?
It's my understanding that when sims go on vacation they don't age...like when they are away at community lots. Is there a mod out there that doesn't stop the aging process when they go on vacation?

I'm sure I could just subtract days or something when I get back, but that would become complicated when taking several sims from different families on vacation.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 5:46 PM
I recall seeing a mod somewhere where you can ask townified sims that are your Friend/Best Friend to grow up.

I haven't seen one of playables - try looking in the WCIF section in the search You could find something.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 7:47 PM
I haven't seen a mod that does that. I use the Simblender to subtract days from my sims remaining lifespan when they return from vacation - and to make it easier I tend to stick to 3 or 6 day vacations (as the Simblender can only deduct days in multiples of 3) if I can. The main thing that bugs me about vacations isn't the not-aging thing, it's the fact that pregnancies don't progress. I would've loved to have had it that pregnancies progress as normal and then, at about 5 hours or so before the end of the pregnancy, the sims are forced by the game to return home so that the baby can be born (for example by making the shuttle arrive to take them home and setting it up so that they get in autonomously and it can't be cancelled from their queue).
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 8:21 PM
Try playing another lot (a lot that is not in a vacation hood), use a teleporter and teleport the Sims over, make them selectable using testingcheatsenabled, and then using a tool like the InSIM to age them up. I haven't tried it yet, though, so do it in a test hood if you wish.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 8:53 PM
For me 1 day = 1 year in the main hood.
In Uni. hood 1 school year = 1 day in main hood so each school year = 1 day in main hood.

Now for when my Sims go on a vacation I play it like they are only there for a very short time compared to the main hood so not 1 year will go by for each day.
Vacation time is a break from main hood time.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
Try playing another lot (a lot that is not in a vacation hood), use a teleporter and teleport the Sims over, make them selectable using testingcheatsenabled, and then using a tool like the InSIM to age them up. I haven't tried it yet, though, so do it in a test hood if you wish.

I'm not trying to age them up. I just wanted their sim days left to represent how many days they took on vacation. I didn't want for a sim to vacation for 5 days with 20 days left before leaving and then come back from the trip with 20 days left. I would have liked for it to turn to 15..see?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
I haven't seen a mod that does that. I use the Simblender to subtract days from my sims remaining lifespan when they return from vacation - and to make it easier I tend to stick to 3 or 6 day vacations (as the Simblender can only deduct days in multiples of 3) if I can. The main thing that bugs me about vacations isn't the not-aging thing, it's the fact that pregnancies don't progress. I would've loved to have had it that pregnancies progress as normal and then, at about 5 hours or so before the end of the pregnancy, the sims are forced by the game to return home so that the baby can be born (for example by making the shuttle arrive to take them home and setting it up so that they get in autonomously and it can't be cancelled from their queue).

Exactly! The only thing about subtracting with simblender is that I was going to take a married couple on vacation and take the wife's siblings which are split up into about 5 different households...so I'll just have to remember the name of each one and go and subtract the days manually. Hmmm oddly enough I remember buying bon voyage 3 days after it came out and in all these years I've only taken 2 vacations not counting the one I'm planning. I'm glad you mentioned that about the pregnancy...*[pouts} of course pregnancy will remain stuck too Thanks for telling me...I'll wait until after their honeymoon/family vacation. I would have loved your pregnancy idea
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 11:48 PM
Does that community lot time hack do this? I haven't tried it.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 12:44 AM Last edited by k6ka : 17th Jul 2014 at 12:45 AM. Reason: it was supposed to auto-link, but apparently not
Quote: Originally posted by SayanAmanda
I'm not trying to age them up. I just wanted their sim days left to represent how many days they took on vacation. I didn't want for a sim to vacation for 5 days with 20 days left before leaving and then come back from the trip with 20 days left. I would have liked for it to turn to 15..see?

Well, you can use my technique to take a day away. You can use the InSIM for that. Only problem is, you'll need to do it for each day they're on vacation. So you might want to do it in bulk.

If you're looking for a mod, I'd try the WCIF forum if you haven't already.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
Well, you can use my technique to take a day away. You can use the InSIM for that. Only problem is, you'll need to do it for each day they're on vacation. So you might want to do it in bulk.

If you're looking for a mod, I'd try the WCIF forum if you haven't already.

Thanks I'll do what you suggested