Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:26 PM
I'm so over-excited, I just shouted at my boyfriend "AUSTRALIA'S FROT TREE GIME OUT NOW!!!"
I need to calm down.
Great pictures though, making me hyper!
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kadien
"AUSTRALIA'S FROT TREE GIME OUT NOW!!!"
I need to calm down.
Great pictures though, making me hyper!

!!!!!
#103 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 7:08 PM
hah... sry if i'm too curious about the new careers lol, but i have 2 more career rewards i'd like to know how usefull are(the intelligence agent one and the entrateinment one, or more exactly the Audio Agmenter and Personal Fame Star)

also related to a career reward, do drawings sell for more then paintings?

and my last question about careers: can you post screenies of the career icons?

oh, and i saw on sims 2 maniacos http://www.sims2maniacos.net/site/e...eventos/1en.php that it's a new tool in the build mode(the review is in english); may i ask what is it?

o well, and can the genie wishes backfire like in TS1... if they can, the genie will be perfect for me

edit: OMG, at the time i'm writing this, 21 pairs of eyes stare at this thread... and after i finished editing, 2 more added! this is so crazy lol
Top Secret Researcher
#104 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 7:19 PM
OH MY GOD! I'm so fracking jealous still! You Aussies sure are lucky to have this game early, and I am greatful for that, only because you're sharing the game with us. Plus, I LOVE that message on the bodyshop Calilily :nod:. I just got home from school. Now I'm waiting any day now for a message from EA saying that your pre-order is ready.

Forum Resident
#105 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 8:04 PM
I am absolutely squealing in delight over here! You can raise and lower neighborhood terrain! There's a Rubik's Cube! SO MUCH FANTASTIC STUFF! *breathes* <3

I cannot believe that I have to actually focus on schoolwork now when all I want to do is run out and get Free Time.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bookworm_duo
also related to a career reward, do drawings sell for more then paintings?

Haven't sold any drawings, sorry.

Quote: Originally posted by bookworm_duo
that it's a new tool in the build mode(the review is in english); may i ask what is it?

I didn't see one - the only new tool is to modify neighbourhood terrain, but that's not build mode. I may have missed it, or it might be new to those without all the eps. That rose hair is actually a repeat for me - the one in the screenshots - I got that with OFB, and now it's re-released with Freetime.

Quote: Originally posted by fway
Plus, I LOVE that message on the bodyshop Calilily :nod:. I just got home from school.

Yes, it's very cool - one of the first things I looked for. :D

Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
Was there anything inside talking about Future EP or was it just kitchen and Bath stuff?

Just kitchen and bath. No discussion on the finality of eps either way.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 8:14 PM
Could someone explain the choosing of plot elements of novels (if you write them) more?
#108 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 8:33 PM
if anyone could give some info on the new families i would be super happy - i love getting new neighborhoods :clap:

this ep looks GREAT
#109 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 8:33 PM
So.. Weekly Goals? For those of you who've played? Does this seem to have vanished?
Forum Resident
#110 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 8:59 PM
There's 27 of us reading the thread right now. xD What ages can visit the secret lots, and I'd love to know about the weekly goals too.

Hah, thanks so much for doing this for us, guys!
Top Secret Researcher
#111 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:02 PM
Many questions. Bolded = yet to be answered
1. Could you tell us more about the families in the new neighborhood?

2.If someone has NL and Free Time could they check if you can change aspiration with the re-nu-yu senso orb, then retain thier old aspiration benefits and get new options? Or... not.

3.Any new stuff for kids? Not the toddler stuff, but other younger than adult items.

4. Could you list the options on the book shelf? There was suppsoed to be SF novels and apparently there's parenting... so, what else?

5.Can I see some screenies of those new electronics you spoke of?

6.Any cute animations on the jenga game? Pics plz.

7.What's the interaction screen for custom sewn clothes look like? And tell us about it.

8.Pics of failed pottery with the potters bench plz.

9.Any new sorts of default paintings? Like with the lady in pink or the sunset, but new? Pics plz.

10. Hows discovering a new star work? Is it an option you can boolprop with the telescope? Any new telescopes? Or bookshelves or other stuff under the hobby tab in buy mode?

11.Is bird watching any fun?

12. Is the glow for being in the zone ugly? Well animated? What?

13. Can sims compose new songs?

14. Pics of new gym wear plz.

15. What's the deal with the fitness shake?

16. Did you find anything about sims becoming food critics?

17.Would one of you please do unlockCareerRewards to find out what they all do?

Wow, sorry for the crapload of questions, whatever youd like to answer would be appreciated!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Alchemist
#112 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:18 PM
no way! i gotta wait till the 29th! i cant wait, i want the game soo bad.

p.s. if you install freetime will it overwrite your downloads and saved familys??
Top Secret Researcher
#113 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kustirider2
no way! i gotta wait till the 29th! i cant wait, i want the game soo bad.

p.s. if you install freetime will it overwrite your downloads and saved familys??

You can still play your saved families, your downloads may or may not work, depends on what they are and if the site has been updated for free time.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Forum Resident
#114 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:27 PM
wow..that koi pond looks great... *excited* it will set off my japanese gardens perfectly.
Forum Resident
#115 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:32 PM
Kustirider2, do what I do -- before installing the game, take your downloads folder out and plop it on your desktop. That way there won't be any chance of you accidentally losing your downloads and whatnot during the installation. :]

Edit: And FurryPanda, calalily has a video on her site with the in-the-zone animation on it, if you want to check it out. It looks very subtle and not really annoying at all. S'cool. 8D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#116 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:36 PM
OK, I just downloaded a clipboard manager so I can get more screenshots without having to exit and save all the time. Have written some of these questions down. I'll go see what I can find out
Alchemist
#117 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Starfish of Terror
Kustirider2, do what I do -- before installing the game, take your downloads folder out and plop it on your desktop. That way there won't be any chance of you accidentally losing your downloads and whatnot during the installation. :]

Edit: And FurryPanda, calalily has a video on her site with the in-the-zone animation on it, if you want to check it out. It looks very subtle and not really annoying at all. S'cool. 8D

could i just copy my dl folder and then put it on my desktop
Top Secret Researcher
#118 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:37 PM
could i just copy my dl folder and then put it on my desktop

You ahve to remove it entirely. What you described is called a back up. If you leave it in then you could bork things and mess up your downloads. Best to do without and then check the sites you downloaded them from and restore as the fix things. REMOVE ALL HACKS!!!!!!!! None of them will work, I guarantee it.

Forum Resident
#119 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:38 PM
Sure, why not? Whatever works for you. :]

And yay, FrootLoop! <3

Edit: Haha, go with FurryPanda's answer. xD I've always completely removed it, so I don't have any experience with copying it, but Panda's right.
Alchemist
#120 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Starfish of Terror
Sure, why not? Whatever works for you. :]

And yay, FrootLoop! <3

Edit: Haha, go with FurryPanda's answer. xD I've always completely removed it, so I don't have any experience with copying it, but Panda's right.

oh my god, i have over 4,000 downloads from various sites! lol. when i was installing bv i left it in with all the hacks in (pregnancy wear any outfit) and it seemed okay
Scholar
#121 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:51 PM
oh my god, i have over 4,000 downloads from various sites! lol. when i was installing bv i left it in with all the hacks in (pregnancy wear any outfit) and it seemed okay

Instead of "copy/paste" just "cut/paste" to your desktop. Works like a charm
Alchemist
#122 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun
Instead of "copy/paste" just "cut/paste" to your desktop. Works like a charm

okay but promise nothing will go wrong
Scholar
#123 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:54 PM
Pinky Promise!
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:59 PM
wow, thanks so much for all the information and screenshots!!!!
Scholar
#125 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 10:00 PM
Over 4000 Dls? Pshaw! Try over 13,000!

Anyhow, I'd buy the expansion just for the "rubics cube" thing! lol! The only "bad" thing I've seen so far is the horrible colors of the new kitchen items, but that's nothing new for EA; so, re-colorists get your new colors out ASAP! Please!! I'll make chocolate chip cookies!!!

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Page 5 of 18