Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default i think my game is broken
so my game was broken and i deleted the sims 3 folder thinking it will re create itself so i started the game and it was running fine then i created a world and it is taking forever to load and its been 2 hours and it still hasnt created it self so i cant even install CC or mods
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:57 AM
At this point, I'd uninstall and reinstall. I don't know how on a Mac, but if you're running TS3 on a PC, go to Settings, find the control panel, click programs, and find the 'uninstall a program' option. Reinstall, launch the game, and play vanilla for a while to make sure everything's running smoothly. That oughta sort out the kinks.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
At this point, I'd uninstall and reinstall. I don't know how on a Mac, but if you're running TS3 on a PC, go to Settings, find the control panel, click programs, and find the 'uninstall a program' option. Reinstall, launch the game, and play vanilla for a while to make sure everything's running smoothly. That oughta sort out the kinks.
thxs i really dont want to re install everything cause i got a lot of expansion packs and it took awhile but do you know why the sims 3 folder is not re creating it self?
Inventor
#4 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:11 AM
[QUOTE=SimsGurl345]so my game was broken and i deleted the sims 3 folder thinking it will re create

***meep*** It might be a good idea instead of deleting you simply move the sims 3 folder to the desktop in case of this kind of problem. Delete is such a harsh maneuver

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:35 AM
From one person who doesn't know anything about computers to another: if you don't know what you're doing, don't do it. Treat game files like they will explode your computer if you mess with 'em. Only do things you have explicitly been instructed to do by someone who knows what they're doing. Wantonly deleting files is a good way to break your game and force an uninstall/reinstall (at best) and brick your computer (at worst).

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
From one person who doesn't know anything about computers to another: if you don't know what you're doing, don't do it. Treat game files like they will explode your computer if you mess with 'em. Only do things you have explicitly been instructed to do by someone who knows what they're doing. Wantonly deleting files is a good way to break your game and force an uninstall/reinstall (at best) and brick your computer (at worst).
ok 1 more question if i do unistall the base game do i have to uninstall the expansion packs too?
Forum Resident
#7 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 10:57 AM
please take a look at this Game Help:TS3 Uninstall its a full guide which takes you forth to re-installing again then.
EP/SPs have a certain order and yes i would recommend uninstalling them in that order backwards (not ininstalling e.p. the Base Game and then any other EP/SP!)

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
please take a look at this Game Help:TS3 Uninstall its a full guide which takes you forth to re-installing again then.
EP/SPs have a certain order and yes i would recommend uninstalling them in that order backwards (not ininstalling e.p. the Base Game and then any other EP/SP!)
i dont think it worked because i uninstalled it all and installed it back but now when i launched the sims 3 it still didnt re create it self
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 10:53 AM
i am unsure if i understand you correctly:

what didnt re-created itself? the sims 3 folder?
- you now have a sims 3 folder after reinstalling or not?!
or the world?
- if you created a world you wont get that back if you havent had a backup of it. reinstallig the game only brings you the EA worlds back of course. or do you mean world in sense of neighbourhood? then you need a backup of that save

and you say (apart from all the problems above) you are unable to install mods? if your game is in fresh-installed EA state you need to re-download the framework again and set it up to be able to have mods from third parties again. Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Setup and Files

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:03 PM
i am unsure if i understand you correctly:

what didnt re-created itself? the sims 3 folder?
- you now have a sims 3 folder after reinstalling or not?!
or the world?
- if you created a world you wont get that back if you havent had a backup of it. reinstallig the game only brings you the EA worlds back of course. or do you mean world in sense of neighbourhood? then you need a backup of that save

and you say (apart from all the problems above) you are unable to install mods? if your game is in fresh-installed EA state you need to re-download the framework again and set it up to be able to have mods from third parties again. Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Setup and Files
i didnt save the game but i found a backup and when i put mods or CC it doesnt show up in the downloads bar and yes the sims 3 folder didnt re create itself
Forum Resident
#11 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:14 PM Last edited by shmovese : 12th Sep 2014 at 3:27 PM.
third parties mods like all third party cc arent supposed to show up in the downloads bar alone. that bar in the launcher is only for sims3packs! cc can also be package files.
so before anything else can be discussed i think we start fresh over. are you familiar with Costum Content Basics? that means the general use of TS3 Custom Content i recommend reading that!
and this: Sims 3 Folder Contents FAQ (nraas wiki link)

added:... there is no sims 3 folder.
if you start the game such folder will be created if it cant find an existing one. but the sims 3 folder under my documents then is a factory reset sims 3 game folder of course. no cc at all in there. thats why you need a backup of your stuff so that you are able to integrate your old files again. e.p. re-do the framework again. put your saves back again and so forth

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:26 PM
third parties mods like all third party cc arent supposed to show up in the downloads bar alone. that bar in the launcher is only for sims3packs! cc can also be package files.
so before anything else can be discussed i think we start fresh over. are you familiar with Costum Content Basics? that means the general use of TS3 Custom Content i recommend reading that!
and this: Sims 3 Folder Contents FAQ (nraas wiki link)
yeah i put the sims3packages in the downloads and it doesnt show up and i put the packages in the packages folder in the mods folder but i dont even have a sims 3 folder to have CC or Mods
Forum Resident
#13 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:27 PM
it needs to be created by starting the game ONCE after installation
also are you patched. you need to be a certain point to make cc work at all. patch your game first

Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:32 PM
it needs to be created by starting the game ONCE after installation
also are you patched. you need to be a certain point to make cc work at all. patch your game first
i did start the game and no sims 3 folder and i did a patch afte installation and it was a store patch
Forum Resident
#15 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:36 PM
post pics that i can see you patch level for base game like in this

Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:38 PM
post pics that i can see you patch level for base game like in this
ok i i will but can you tell me what level its supposed to be?
Forum Resident
#17 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:43 PM
the latest patch level is the one on the pic. 1.67 something

also are you searching for the folder at the right directory? what system do you run? windows, mac - your cell phone?
windows 7 => directory for Sims 3 Folder under windows 8 its not Documents any more but My Documents i think

Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:46 PM
mhmm ok mine is 1.67.2.024017
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:50 PM

also are you searching for the folder at the right directory? what system do you run? windows, mac - your cell phone?
windows 7 => directory for Sims 3 Folder under windows 8 its not Documents any more but My Documents i think
for me its Documents not My Documents
Forum Resident
#20 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:39 PM
i feel the need to summarize and sort things out. check if its true
you are on windows vista/7
you un-installed and then re-installed sims 3 recently
your game is patched to the end (1.67)
you loaded the game, choosed a new save and left but there is no Sims 3 folder under Documents => Electronic Arts created

when you make the windows search for "The Sims 3" is there a Folder showing up

Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:42 PM
i feel the need to summarize and sort things out. check if its true
you are on windows vista/7
you un-installed and then re-installed sims 3 recently
your game is patched to the end (1.67)
you loaded the game, choosed a new save and left but there is no Sims 3 folder under Documents => Electronic Arts created

when you make the windows search for "The Sims 3" is there a Folder showing up
yes you got it right but when i search for the sims 3 folder the backup pops up but ive loaded my backup on the sims 3 but when i put CC or mods they dont work
Forum Resident
#22 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 6:17 PM
so you use an older backup of that sims 3 folder now. and have the problem that cc isnt working (either sims3packs nor package files) and an older save of yours isnt loading (or wasnt even since you waited 2 hours)
did you checked if the framework of your backup is correct? last link in #9 => installing ....
verify that and if you are unsure post pictures of the sims 3 folder and the mods folder so one can see the directories and if the Resource.cfg is where its supposed to be

and Getting Custom Content to Show Up a complete guide to help you to make CC to show up

also did you made that back up of an at that time functioning game? if you made it when the game wasnt running then why should it work now? in other words were you able to use cc when you were playing with that folder.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 6:22 PM
so you use an older backup of that sims 3 folder now. and have the problem that cc isnt working (either sims3packs nor package files) and an older save of yours isnt loading (or wasnt even since you waited 2 hours)
did you checked if the framework of your backup is correct? last link in #9 => installing ....
verify that and if you are unsure post pictures of the sims 3 folder and the mods folder so one can see the directories and if the Resource.cfg is where its supposed to be

also did you made that back up of an at that time functioning game? if you made it when the game wasnt running then why should it work now? in other words were you able to use cc when you were playing with that folder.
yes i made that backup when the game was working....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:48 PM
ughhh i uninstalled it again but still no sims 3 folder and plus my backup is not working so i cant put CC or mods :c