Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 2:24 AM
Default Genetically Weirded Out- Has this happened to you?
Okay, I have two parents, isn't that the way it normally is? *lol* Anyway, my legacy founder just had a set of twins. Giselle, the founder has pale custom skin and her hubby Devin has the default replacement tan. Well, er... okay this is the thing. She just had twins. She's in front, dad's in back.

Now, I don't mind the dark skin, I think it's kinda cool but still.. How in the world could this have happened? *lol* That is their child, as you can see the one has her father's skin tone but the boy... that's either medium or dark. So... have you had any odd genetic quirks like this??
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 2:29 AM
Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is because the skins aren't geneticized so that when sims breed the skintones will makes sense when compared to the parent's. I could be totally wrong on this though.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 2:36 AM
Geneticized custom skintones can pop up on offspring of sims that don't have those skintones when you're using defaults. Geneticizing makes it so the game treats the skintones as part of the "blending" system that allows a light sim and a dark sim to have a medium child. It's most useful if you have only one geneticized skin set, and that it matches your defaults, so it basically gives you extra shades in your default set besides the normal 4.

It may seem weird (as it seems in your case) if you're using geneticized skins along with a different default set, as children may pop up with skins that neither parent have, making you look at the mailman funny.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 2:39 AM
I'm not sure if you're wrong or not. I know that I've read that the custom skins are the dominant of the skintones... sorta like how brown eyes cancel out all. (or seem to in my game) I use custom skins quite a bit and they usually take on the custom skin tone when born. Of course, out of their three children, two have the tan and one has the medium or dark skin tone, none of them have the new one that I got from HP, it's her idolatry of the flesh skin, the pale one. Speak of the devil, there's HP!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 2:44 AM
*waves* Hi! It's me! OMG!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 2:47 AM
I feel like I just met a movie star... *lol* HP is in my thread, *spazzes* anyway, just had a birthday and to show the really odd difference, plus, Giselle just looks priceless, Azriel as a toddler. She's like, OMG you can't be Devin's kid but I must smile really big and stuff so he doesn't suspect!