Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 6:50 PM
yeah i have max 3 kids... even then i tend to neglect some kids, or neglect the parents. and some times i don't even want to play with the family

^_Q
Advertisement
#52 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 12:30 AM
I have an enormous family, so most of my Sims do as well. In an old neighborhood, one couple ended up with about 15 kids. My latest is only on the second generation. If I happen to meet up with a Sim I don't like, I'll usually just not play them, or turn them into a Plant Sim. You can't go wrong with Plant Sims.
#53 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 1:16 AM
I don't let them have more kids than i can handle anymore because I am one of those crazy people who plays every family in neighbourhood. Usually only those who are lucky to have twins have more than one kid. Or sometimes I let them have more.. If I really really REALLY like the family. But that's only if I can handle more kids (what means more families later on).
Field Researcher
#54 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 2:39 AM
Mmmm... Pie.... :D
The extra kids lol I let 'em run free!
Instructor
#55 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 3:11 AM
It depends on my mood, lol, and if I get attached to them. And of course how terrible their genetics are. I've killed 'em off, stuck 'em in the sim bin, and continued to play them... But I get extra kids from different things. So if they were just a genetic experiment they usually get killed off or moved out permanently. But if they were a result of a certain combination of hacks, it depends on if I get attached to them ^__^ Of course sometimes I'm just in one of those "death to all!" moods, so, yah know.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
#56 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 3:25 AM
....no, I didn't vote "Kill them"...

-shifty look, runs off-
What can I say, I cannot resist the allure of a good satellite hurtling down from space :D
Test Subject
#57 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 3:48 AM
Pie is delicious.... :D

My sims rarely have more than one kid, but when they do, I usually ship them off to college and forget about them. But sometimes, *shifty eyes* they meet an 'unfortunate' end.... mwahahahaha!!!!
#58 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 9:04 AM
To be honest...
I've never gotten to the point where I would have to choose the child to play.
I switch to new families waaaay too much.
Scholar
#59 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 11:54 AM
Darn it! All this pie talk is making me hungry.

Excuse me, I have to go raid the kitchen now.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
#60 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 3:45 AM
When I did my last Legacy - I tried to play the non-heir sibling houses as well, so that they aged around the same time. That was good, but by Generation Five it got to just be too much, so after that I always had a "place holder" in the Uni Greek House and everyone else I turned into townies.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 3:01 AM
the families usually have like...3 kids, then i get so bored by the time they reach toddler-hood, i delete the family. :evil:
how sad is it I've never played a kid all the way to adulthood.

i have a short attention span.
=]
Scholar
#62 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 1:49 PM
I leave the number of kids up to ACR and Trips&Quads (mainly; one family had only enough money for one, perhaps two cribs at a stretch, and T&Q gave me quads on every single random roll -- I gave up and chose a single birth the next time I entered the lot).

Given that I'm running custom 'hoods (BACC at the moment), I need to play everyone, which is going to be interesting as my starting family had 8 kids, and they're all gonna have 3 kids each :P

In regular 'hoods, I at least try to play everyone; my one attempt at a legacy I played the spares whenever I got bored of the main household.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 5:46 PM
Stuff the kids, lemme have the pie!

However, if there was no pie involved, I think, for the extra children that are ugly and I don't want... I think it's time for "Die by Satellite"! Just like Oymay! I'll be rich, RICH, RICH!!!!!!!

Then I'll maybe get a pie to celebrate. :P

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Scholar
#64 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 5:59 PM
I used to allow my Sims to have a lot of kids when I just started playing the game, and I played them all. As a result, my Pleasantview neighbourhood became so overpopulated it wasn't even funny. Now my Sims have one, maximum two kids per family. And ugly Sims are not allowed to procreate at all :D
Mad Poster
#65 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 6:09 PM
Extra kids?o_O what exactly it is meant by that?
Instructor
#66 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 6:24 PM
Heheh, there are no "extra" kids... for me there is no one chosen child, all that are born are part of the family (unless it's part of the storyline to be neglected/ignored :P)

For population control I just vary who has children based on personality/storylines - some sims will have a lot of children, while some will only have one or none at all. Some will be bad parents or die and lose their children, and some will be unable to give birth, so they adopt. Some will never marry, some will marry a few times...

Just a little variety :D
Scholar
#67 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyle
Extra kids?o_O what exactly it is meant by that?

Yeah, the expression is quite funny when you think of it :D
Field Researcher
#68 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 6:27 PM
I can't just have one kid, it seems depressing to me. I let family sims have as many as they want since they're my favorite. Then I pick one as the heir.
But the rest of them it depends on my mood, sometimes i kill them, sometimes (since i usually work on 2 legacy's at once) I'll marry off one to the heir of the other legacy. Those moods are rare though I usually save them for later generations.

Just put your paws up, Cause you were born this way, Baby.
Alchemist
#69 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J_Cas
yeah i have max 3 kids... even then i tend to neglect some kids, or neglect the parents. and some times i don't even want to play with the family

age them up and send them to University. I get around to playing them sooner or later. That's why I'm dying for TS3
#70 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 8:28 PM
I usually play all the kids in a family (I have fulfilled the "10 children" want a few times) but usually for population control I will kill of a few (prune the family tree), or have the really creepy looking ones adopt...I have a graveyard where all my sims go to just in case I feel like resurecting them later on or I just save them until I need some "fresh genes" to add to my game.
#71 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 11:56 PM
Lately, my sims tend to have lots of kids. I play them all until some point, then I either kill them or spend eternity in the family bin when they grow up.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amairani
Yeah, the expression is quite funny when you think of it :D

Which I why i put a o_O smiley after that. "if we forget to use condom once in a while, extra kids get sent to meat factory so they can be used in sausages" Thats what I though of when I read it o_O forgive the canibalism joke

I usually only give them on or 2 kids. Some time 3 if I really want too... I just let them stay at home. Or move on to another house.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 10:00 AM
If a sim kid falls into the "extra kid" chategory, then I'll just move them to their own house when they are adults and let them live there and become part of the population of the town. While I keep playing the interesting ones. I'm not that bothered with the not aging with the family thing, only if it's a twin, then I'd play them so one of them doesnt get stuck around while the other is long gone.
Forum Resident
#74 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 10:29 AM
I like the idea of family aging together, which is why I'm playing my main family with one child in the main house and other two in houses of their own. What I'm daunted by though is that as the generations go on I'm going to end up playing multiple legacy-like families as they have more kids and I keep playing them. D: I'm not sure how it's going to play out.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 3:06 AM
I play them all. I have a time system which I play one household for a week then switch. It also makes each generation last longer
Page 3 of 3