Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 9:40 PM
Default Best way to fulfill "20 Best Friends" LTW?
So the home business and poker table at least attracts people as contacts, but talking to them and calling up sims on the phone is getting tedious. Would a hot tub or the Aspiration Reward hot tub help, or will that be a waste of time?

I *have* noticed that if you don't call a friend for awhile and they stop being a family friend, if you call them back, it's sorta likely that they will become a Best Friend. Also, try dating a sim for a fast way to accumulate relationship points.
Advertisement
#2 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 11:37 PM
The "20 best friends" LTW can be quite tedious. A good tip is to take a day out of each week and call all of the best friends your sim has made so far, to keep the relationship up.
A hot tub may help, but I find it easier to just invite a sim over and have them socialize for a while, one-on-one.
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 11:56 AM
Have a party every night, that way you can gain or preserve relationships with a bunch of sims instead of one-on-one - play kicky bag and make everyone else watch you play kicky bag - Watch the relationship points pile up!

Currently playing HP's Uber Megahood - check out http://simstate.wordpress.com
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 12:23 PM
If you have Bon Voyage, then take a trip to see the Witch Doctor. The voodoo doll is a godsend with this.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 4:11 PM
When I have a sim with this LTW, I sent them out to community lots at least once a sim day, I choose a random sim there, chat to them to build up a bit of a relationship first and then ask them on an outing. This way their relationship builds up fast and you sim gets a lot of aspiration points too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 10:11 AM
Thanks for the tips!

Next question: So my sim has 20 BFs / BFF's *BUT* hasn't been awarded platinum status! Ugh! What might I be doing wrong? ):

EDIT: Phew! Never mind. On the 21st BF/BFF she got platinum...!
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 11:05 AM
Thanks everyone, i know what to do when i get this ltw.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 7:52 AM
I have sent all of my Sims to College [and they are all mine, I restarted with empty templates], graduated them and when they returned to their neighbourhood they all had 35 best friends, at least 25 of them BFF. LTWs of this kinda fulfilled in no time and carreer LTWs in their 3rd working day.

This is another way planned in advance -- if one does not hate Uni, of course.
Site Helper
#9 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 12:37 PM
Don't underestimate the power of community lots. You can take a group to a community lot, play kicky bag for 4 hours, then get home in time to have a couple cups of coffee and take a whole new group out.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook