Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 12:56 AM
Default Too fast skill building? Is it normal for Apartments?
I had Jethro study physiology and then I had him work out. He gained body skills every second and in a very short time he had topped his body skills. The super fast skill building has affected the other skills too and now he is learning faster than he is dressing. I think it is very unrealistic. Shall it be that way? Shouldn't the fast-learning skill be affecting the body skill only? And I tested his IQ with the lot debugger. He has an IQ of 1,800. omg! And I didn't choose the "Eureka" and I didn't give him knowledge as a secondary ambition.

This is not a game help question. I just wonder if it is something that came with Apartments Life?
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 1:00 AM
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 1:00 AM
It's a glitch that happens after your sim studies physiology.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 1:21 AM
Thanks a lot! I've never seen anything that crazy before! Jethro's gone genius!
Stupid people are stupid
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 12:00 PM
Pescado already made a fix for it. It's both on MTS2 and MATY.
Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 2:36 PM
you know why is it i never seem to get the useful glitches lol, my evil wizard wanted to learn physiology so i sat him on his throne and had him learn it but then he wanted to max out whatever skill it was and it took forever =/ just like normal, same with the closets and always getting your sims pregnant that hasnt happened for me more like 50/50 althouhg just thinking on it now i wonder if it matters which closet i ant recall if its always been the mirrored one or not the resulted in preg. and the non mirror not getting preg...i should pay more attention to things

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 3:00 AM
This happened to one of my Sims too. She maxed out most of her skills before she went to college, but as soon as she became a YA she began learning at the normal pace again.
#8 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 8:24 AM
I'm gonna keep that glitch, it's awesome. My sim got 4 cleaning points for cleaning a not-very-dirty counter. Yay! Turned him into a knowledge sim!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#9 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 2:14 AM
Cool! I think I will keep that one
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dragon_tfm
you know why is it i never seem to get the useful glitches lol, my evil wizard wanted to learn physiology so i sat him on his throne and had him learn it but then he wanted to max out whatever skill it was and it took forever =/ just like normal, same with the closets and always getting your sims pregnant that hasnt happened for me more like 50/50 althouhg just thinking on it now i wonder if it matters which closet i ant recall if its always been the mirrored one or not the resulted in preg. and the non mirror not getting preg...i should pay more attention to things

if you downloaded the patch for AL, it fixes it. dang, a bug that was finally useful!

"I'm too booty-licious for ya, babe!"
Check out my DND Designs
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 3:44 PM
Lol , one of my female sims that live with another male sim of mine was studying almost 3 to 4x faster than the male sim and i was shocked and thought it might be some secret EA had in store for us in the sims game like some easter egg or something . The female sim finished studying cooking from 0 skill point when the male sim only reached 8 skill point from 5 . O.O
#12 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 1:34 PM
I had this happen the other night lol one of my sims got on the exercise bike and maxed out his body skill super fast.
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 11:19 PM
Aw, drat! I already patched the game! Too bad, because this would have been really useful, heh.
Instructor
#14 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 8:48 AM
weell if you study physiology your sim will still get body skills superfast. its the one skill my sims always have maxed just because its so fast