Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: What color is the dress?
White and Gold
17 36.96%
Black and Blue
18 39.13%
Other
11 23.91%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 9:42 PM Last edited by elfinitty : 28th Feb 2015 at 9:11 PM.
Default What color is the dress?
I'm pretty sure some of you are even sick of this issue but it just seems very interesting to me.Some people see the dress black and blue and some see it white and gold and some say they see different colors.Some people see it different at different times,I first saw it black and blue then at once I saw it white and gold but then i looked again it was black and blue again and it's like this since then.My friend says it changes for her constantly.So what about you?

UPDATE:It is still so blue and black to me

https://scontent-kul.xx.fbcdn.net/h...ef8&oe=557E82F7

Here's some scientific explaination http://www.wired.com/2015/02/scienc...es-color-dress/
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 9:45 PM
I see a white and gold dress, I'll have a look again tomorrow to see whether it has changed colour

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
#3 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 9:49 PM
It's obviously white and gold. I don't see why people would be arguing over this.

Edit: WHAT IN OBLIVION IT FUCKING CHANGED

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 9:58 PM
Now the dress looks lighter than it was when I first saw it, After looking at the dress for a few minutes my eyes are starting feel weird. Which to me suggest that the photo is an optical illusion

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 10:07 PM
I'm not sure, did the chicken eat the cat before the photographer got the picture in time?

LOOK OUT IT'S CHICKZILLA!!

Banned
#6 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 10:19 PM
Oh sack off, I think it's white. If it goes blue, its a sign. #ripspock
EDIT: Or I'm just knackered.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 10:21 PM
Colour perception is a fascinating thing and very individual. That dress could be either combination for me depending on whether I am thinking about the lighting conditions. Something lit from the back like that is obviously going to appear darker than it actually is. Green-Blue perception is one of the areas in visual perception that is most elastic. I see many thing as green or turquoise that others see as blue. But there are no actual rules - it depends on how your brain develops as you grow up.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#8 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 10:38 PM
Its white and gold. The white looks weird because of the light coming from behind it. I think.
Theorist
#9 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 10:39 PM
Who cares?
#10 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 11:06 PM
I see white and gold, my dad and brother see it as blue and black.

I put the dress in Flash and used the eyedropper tool and I got blue and brown
Inventor
#11 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 11:23 PM
I've only seen it as white/gold or light blue/gold. Been looking at it on several web sites, just to make sure they all haven't been using different pics.
Scholar
#12 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 11:28 PM
If you think this dress is white and gold, I'd love to know how the Na'vi in Avatar looked to you.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
#13 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 11:31 PM
It seems a lot of people are saying the dress is white and gold.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Scholar
#14 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by malfoya
I've only seen it as white/gold or light blue/gold. Been looking at it on several web sites, just to make sure they all haven't been using different pics.

Dude, for a moment there I was going to say that its past midnight, why are you even researching this? But then I remembered, you could be anywhere and I'm just very lazy! Also that might not have made sense
Theorist
#15 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 11:33 PM
I think there needs to be a mass issued required color blind test for the internet.

It's clearly white and gold.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#16 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 11:52 PM
I see white and gold, 2 of my kids see black and blue... and think I'm off my rocker for seeing white and gold.
Inventor
#17 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa1500
Dude, for a moment there I was going to say that its past midnight, why are you even researching this? But then I remembered, you could be anywhere and I'm just very lazy! Also that might not have made sense

Nah, it wasn't that late.. though I typically do the weirdo surfing at night time That's when my bran starts to work.
Scholar
#18 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
Whoever agreed with my gold and blue comment HIGH FIVE. With everyone banging on about black and blue and white and gold, I thought I needed an eye test!
That was me, though more of a light blue and bronze than straight blue and gold.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Inventor
#19 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 12:39 AM
god knows how many times I've seen this bloody dress today, but on having another gander at it, it looks grey and gold to me.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Theorist
#20 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 12:41 AM
Do I have to really care which color a f*cking random dress is?

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Theorist
#21 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Both answers are, technically, correct. The blue looks like a white in blue light. The brown/gold that a lot of people are seeing is from the black stripes getting too much exposure. The actual dress is blue and black. But the actual colors from the screenshot are a very light blue (almost white) with shades of brown that make the black look gold.

You're Sims players. You should fucking know how lighting makes a difference!

Think about how the same color hair/clothes/furniture/ can look like different colors in different Sims games with different lighting.

Clearly this person is using Sims 4 Lighting, specifically a mixture of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs, thus the dress seems to be black and blue. :P
Theorist
#22 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Graveyard Snowflake
It's obviously white and gold. I don't see why people would be arguing over this.

Edit: WHAT IN OBLIVION IT FUCKING CHANGED

When I loaded the page it looked white and gold. Scrolled down to read comments. Scrolled back up, it had freaking changed to black and blue. Or my eyes changed it.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 1:40 AM
The only thing I always see in that photo is a photographer who needs to be smacked upside the head and forced to learn proper white balance.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#24 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Yes, you fucking do.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 4:33 AM
I saw white and gold, scrolled back up and saw black and blue. :\

The dress, in reality, is black and blue. I don't know if anyone has mentioned that yet or not.

EDIT: They have; and it seems I'm not the only one who had it change on me.
Page 1 of 2