Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 2:16 AM
Default Apartment Issue
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if this has already been asked - it's 2am in London at the moment, and I've been trawling through what feels like a million pages of similar but not quite the same issues.

Right so -

My apartment lot consisting of 5 row houses each with 2 stories, and without any fenced in areas on the lot, seems to convert just fine (so when I put in changelotzoning apartmentbase it worked) but after moving a family in, I discovered that the entire ground floor is considered 'out of bounds'. I can't place furniture in the rooms at all, nor can I paint the walls, but the corridor and the upstairs work as normal.

It's driving me mad - what have I missed out this time? If someone could help, I would be so very grateful!!

Thanks,

Teru
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 2:24 AM
If you can post screenshots of what your lot looks like, especially the areas that are giving you trouble, we'll be able to check all the common trouble spots, and it'll be a lot easier for us to see where the issue is and point you in the right direction!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 4:55 PM
Ahhh! I've literally *just* bulldozed it Thank you so much for trying to help though - I think I ended up giving up in despair. I will be trying again - hopefully this time without any issues, but I just wondered if there was potentially a problem using Inge's stairs from Simlogical? I don't think they count as modular, as they show up with the other regular stairs, but I wonder if that's maybe causing the problem?

Thank you again! :D
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 6:12 PM
Yes custom stairs could cause a problem. Try again with an in game stair. Or you could just work around it and use cheats to place items in these areas, they can still be used and can't be accessed by other sims, but they are technically considered a communal area.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...