Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 5:07 PM
Default Fat alpha3 morph exploding no matter what I try.
Hi: I am having it up to my neck with these god dammned fat morphs really. Maxis shrt changed us in many ways and then we got these fat and unproportionally so fat morphs. This is my first time making an alpha dance outfit for child female. All I did was to add male ballet slippers to it since maxis forgot that .
I redid the fat morph to look more realistic and upon reimporting, the alpha3 fat morph explodes everytime no matter what I tried. I been reading old posts about this,some suggested maybe there is two skeletons, but not this one for sure, others talk about too many vertices or such ,not the case here as adding those male ballet slippers just added a few hundred. besides the fat body morph,alpha5 and it's fat morph look fine. Only the alpha3 fat morph explodes.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  LastTest_Mesh.rar (88.5 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Description: This time I duplicated the alpha5 and redid both alpha5&alpha3 fat morphs from scratch,same problem:alpha3 fat morph explodes. Maybe if WesHowe was here he could shed a little light into this mysterious problem
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 7:34 PM
I've found that when my fat morphs explode, it's because I've tried to attach something to the fat morph (like new shoes). So I have to duplicate the normal morph and make it fatter. I see that you did that in your test mesh, though.

For what it's worth, when my meshes explode, they don't do so in MilkShape. The problem is only noticeable in Body Shop or in the game... and it's a LOT more extreme than what you're getting. (When my meshes explode, you can barely see the Sim's head through all the "shrapnel"!)

Example:

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
I've found that when my fat morphs explode, it's because I've tried to attach something to the fat morph (like new shoes). So I have to duplicate the normal morph and make it fatter. I see that you did that in your test mesh, though.

For what it's worth, when my meshes explode, they don't do so in MilkShape. The problem is only noticeable in Body Shop or in the game... and it's a LOT more extreme than what you're getting. (When my meshes explode, you can barely see the Sim's head through all the "shrapnel"!)

Example:

I actually only added shoes to the main mesh,body. Then I duplicated it and build fat morph. I read a lot of older posts from 2006 with WesHowe & Bsett talking about this stuff but I don't have an extra skeleton as Bsett had mentioned. What I know is when I add shoes or parts to the main mesh, that is when something goes wrong,but why only the alpha3 fat morph? I think there is a connection between adding parts& fat morphs exploding. I hate fat morphs as i neither have those or preg morphs on my default bodyshape. It is a lots of hassle for us creators especially when no one really knows why exactly. Thanks anyway.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 7:58 PM
I had a look at your mesh in MilkShape. Something is definitely wrong, but I'm not sure what. The mesh actually looks fine (not exploded), but MilkShape is giving me error messages before the mesh actually opens, so I'm wondering if your copy of MilkShape did something to the mesh. The messages that pop up are:

Unknown subversion for vertex extra 3
Unknown subversion for joint extra 1694498815
Unknown subversion for model extra 0

I have no idea what that means; I've never seen those messages before. But, yes, it appears to be a problem with the fat morphs. I tried deleting the alpha3 one and then saving the mesh, and then opening it up in MilkShape again. There are no error messages when I do that.

Try opening the file I've attached and see if it works for you. If it does, then maybe there's a problem with your MilkShape.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  LastTest_Mesh-new.zip (134.8 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 1:01 AM
I had a look at your mesh in MilkShape. Something is definitely wrong, but I'm not sure what. The mesh actually looks fine (not exploded), but MilkShape is giving me error messages before the mesh actually opens, so I'm wondering if your copy of MilkShape did something to the mesh. The messages that pop up are:

Unknown subversion for vertex extra 3
Unknown subversion for joint extra 1694498815
Unknown subversion for model extra 0

I have no idea what that means; I've never seen those messages before. But, yes, it appears to be a problem with the fat morphs. I tried deleting the alpha3 one and then saving the mesh, and then opening it up in MilkShape again. There are no error messages when I do that.

Try opening the file I've attached and see if it works for you. If it does, then maybe there's a problem with your MilkShape.
Thanks,I tried opening and there is no problem. As a matter of fact I have no problem opening the exploding meshes either ,its just when I import that mesh when alpha3 morph explodes right after I say yes to importing the morphs. mesh by itself looks fine upon opening it and it has done that to all the previous versions I had saved. Something happens when I import it. My last mesh had no alphas and it was just a modiefied sim underwear body i was gonna upload and I don't remember if it was a fat or preg morph that acted the same way upon importing. All I remember it I added some parts to the morph and when I skipped that part, it was ok again.

Now this has happened twice in one week and during this weak I have for first time ever fiddled with morphs. I am beginning to think milkshape does something wrong and that is why you also have had a lot of morph explosions although maybe yours show up in bodyshop instead. I don't know, I all I know I am completely fed up with morphs and it really is not worth the creators hours.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 10:07 PM
A lot of my recent meshes have had alpha parts, and I've had no issues with exploding. But, like I said, my explosions look nothing like yours.

I fixed it, and it imports okay for me now. I have no idea what was wrong with that alpha_3 fat morph. I just deleted it, then duplicated the alpha_3 normal morph and copied all the vertex assignments over from the alpha_5 fat morph. I also changed the order of the alpha parts and adjusted the comments accordingly. I don't know if that had anything to do with the problem or not, but it works now.

Let me know if it imports for you (I exported the file this time, so you'll have to import it to view it).
Attached files:
File Type: zip  LastTest_Mesh-new2.zip (86.5 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 12:59 AM
A lot of my recent meshes have had alpha parts, and I've had no issues with exploding. But, like I said, my explosions look nothing like yours.

I fixed it, and it imports okay for me now. I have no idea what was wrong with that alpha_3 fat morph. I just deleted it, then duplicated the alpha_3 normal morph and copied all the vertex assignments over from the alpha_5 fat morph. I also changed the order of the alpha parts and adjusted the comments accordingly. I don't know if that had anything to do with the problem or not, but it works now.

Let me know if it imports for you (I exported the file this time, so you'll have to import it to view it).
That was very good,thanks a lot. I am not sure if changing the alpha order was what did the trick since maxis uses that order on that mesh which I cloned ,but maybe coping the vertex assignment is what was needed since I am suspecting this is where milkshape goofs up from time to time and when I read all those posts , they did not give a conclusive answer to the problem. That is why I suspect milkshape to be responsible for all these mysterious explosions. Making a fat or pregnant morph is not a science,but when you get unexpected results considering all the comments and such are correct, then one can only suspect it is the milkshape that goofes up somehow. Once I made a default replacement for an ef formal and found out upon importing the mesh without me having done any changes, fat morph exploded but it looked fine in bodyshop? Here is a picture of my default formal dress for ef. Thank you very much for fixing this mesh for me fakepeeps7.
Screenshots