Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 9:15 PM
Default Custom World Question
I'm working on an empty custom world and wanted to know when I'm ready to start playing it will the game add NPC's ?

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 10:09 PM
Yes. Make empty houses and NPC families will move in them.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=robingravel]Yes. Make empty houses and NPC families will move in them.[/QUOT

TY

Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
#4 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 11:54 PM
That is a good reply, unless you are using mods. Twallan mod has inmigration turned off by default. You can change it, however.

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 1:52 AM Last edited by barbarat : 21st Feb 2014 at 3:03 AM. Reason: Changed SP To Register
This might help you understand the town's population:
IMMIGRANTS TOWNIES AND SERVICE SIMS
• Immigrants are sims that move into your town and move into a house in your world and as RafeWeisz mentioned, they can be turned off.
• Townies on the other hand are those who fill empty positions in the world such as registers,bars etc, or even co-workers (for that i'm not sure).Townies are like homeless, they occupy no houses and exist only for one purpose: to fill those "dirty" jobs that no one else is doing
• Service Sims are the baby sitters,butlers,and all those who fall under the "services" category. Those are all automatically moving into a "service household" which is not viewable and not one of your home lots, so you don't need to worry about that.
Register can only take care of the immigrants, but not the townies, as they are necessary for the town to function. So, if you want to manage residential lot occupancy, then turn off immigration. if you want roles to be assigned to sims of your choice then you must pause your game before those roles are assigned and use register to assign them to residents and not townies. If you want the service sims to be your residents, then master controller should do it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 2:24 AM Last edited by eman72 : 21st Feb 2014 at 3:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
This might help you understand the town's population:
IMMIGRANTS TOWNIES AND SERVICE SIMS
• Immigrants are sims that move into your town and move into a house in your world and as RafeWeisz mentioned, they can be turned off.
• Townies on the other hand are those who fill empty positions in the world such as registers,bars etc, or even co-workers (for that i'm not sure).Townies are like homeless, they occupy no houses and exist only for one purpose: to fill those "dirty" jobs that no one else is doing
• Service Sims are the baby sitters,butlers,and all those who fall under the "services" category. Those are all automatically moving into a "service household" which is not viewable and not one of your home lots, so you don't need to worry about that.
SP can only take care of the immigrants, but not the townies, as they are necessary for the town to function. So, if you want to manage residential lot occupancy, then turn off immigration. if you want roles to be assigned to sims of your choice then you must pause your game before those roles are assigned and use register to assign them to residents and not townies. If you want the service sims to be your residents, then master controller should do it.

Ty for your help, I do have master controller in my game but I'm still getting use to it so this helps me alot ty again

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
Ty for your help, I do have master controller in my game but I'm still getting use to so this helps me alot ty again

You are welcome. And, I mistakenly said SP (Story Progression), although it also has features that will help you control what your sims do, but, It is Register where you can disable Immigration, as well as Tourists, Paparazzi, Manage Animal Control, etc. The Retuner Mod will also let you do some fine tuning.
Master Controller is a good Mod to Start with and Register is very easy to use. You also might want to install Error Trap and Overwatch. It will clean out your game for you.
Those are just a few suggestions. There are plenty of FAQ'S etc for the mods and if you post over in Chatterbox the forum members are "user friendly" and helpful. You have to register now to post though.
Good luck with your new world