Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 6:47 AM
custom content
Hi all,i would just like to ask a few qestions about custom content.If i make a lot that has no custom content,no hacks,careers,or sims do i still have to scan my lot with the cleaninstaller?
Advertisement
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 7:25 AM
If you have hacks and such in your game, then yes. Even though the house has no custom content, they like to package themselves with all the fun hacks you've downloaded. So you need to remove those.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 7:23 AM
Ok so if i do have custom objects in the game but dont use them in the house i still use cleaninstaller?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 8:40 AM
Yes, even if they are unused, some hacks are packaged (example the alienware ) if you have custom recolors of maxis in your folder they are also packaged even unused, you must check that !

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 3:39 PM
ok thank you i will do that
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 12:57 AM
i have more about custom content ok IF i do have modded objects in my house and if i DO use cleaninstaller will my modded objects be removed from the lot?

requesting is over for this site. So i will just build lots of my own!
Instructor
#7 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by (Rhino)(m@n)255
i have more about custom content ok IF i do have modded objects in my house and if i DO use cleaninstaller will my modded objects be removed from the lot?

No, when you visit your lot your custom objects will still be there since you removed them after you packaged the lot. However they will not appear if you were to download the lot.

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 6:08 AM
To remove a recolor or an object just uncheck it line then save the sim2pack with a new name. CI remove nothing just allow you to do it.
The CI dont erase the package in your dnwld folder, only the call by the lot.
Object stills in the original lot, if you install the new one they disapear.
The best is to do it with an empty download folder.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 3:51 PM
ok thank you for the advice!

requesting is over for this site. So i will just build lots of my own!
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies