Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 6:28 PM
Tutorial Please! 4-Color Pattern with Photoshop CS3 :(
Hi,

i´m working on that 4 color Pattern for hours without any good result
Someone can wirte down a small Tutorial for CS3?
I get it working with a Background and 1 Layer recolorable but not with 4 layers.

I´m going crazy here Ooo

cu
Weby
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 9:35 PM
Hysterical Paroxysm's tutorial is for four-color patterns using Photoshop: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...Custom_Patterns

The thing to remember with four channels is that each channel should have white where that channel's color will show up, and black everywhere else.

The other thing to remember is that the channels are stacked: Red at the bottom (background), then Green, Blue and Alpha, in that order. Where each channel is black, the channel below will show through.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 5:53 PM
thx for your reply, i´ll give that a try

...sorry 4 my english, i´m out of school for years :)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 7:01 PM
Just as a note, that tutorial was written using CS3 so it should be exactly right for your program. I do need to fix up a couple things (specifically the saving part) but it should work okay for you.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi

The thing to remember with four channels is that each channel should have white where that channel's color will show up, and black everywhere else.

Where each channel is black, the channel below will show through

Thanks so much for that info... and thanks HP for a fabulous tutorial. Since you are reworking it, can I please ask that you add something like that (for dummies like me, who had no clue and couldn't make my stuff work even with your stunning tutorial).

Thanks again!