Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 1:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Launcher crashes at downloads menu.
Well, you saw the title.

This is what shows up. I recently installed a house that was compatible with all of my stuff.
My first conclusion is I need help getting those files out so it doesn't crash trying to load it.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 3:45 PM
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Launcher_Issues might have something that helps. The lot might just be coincidence.

If it really is the lot, you've actually got it installed, and the launcher is not loading to be able to uninstall it, the best thing I know to do would be to remove the contents of your dccache, and then reinstall the sims3packs you want to keep.

Or you can bypass the launcher to load the game, and see if deleting that lot from your bin removes enough of it to get the launcher working again. Make a backup first.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
..Or you can bypass the launcher to load the game, and see if deleting that lot from your bin removes enough of it to get the launcher working again. Make a backup first.

It says 1.69 on that launcher. Are you sure bypassing it to start the game is even possible?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 6:22 AM
The Launcher in the screenshot isn't showing installed items, it's showing downloads. And there is of course no such thing as a 0 kb lot, let alone two of them. What happens if you remove everything from TS3\Downloads?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 5:00 PM
Default I'm not a "Pro" But when your error happened to me - this is what I did!! GOOD LUCK !
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The Launcher in the screenshot isn't showing installed items, it's showing downloads. And there is of course no such thing as a 0 kb lot, let alone two of them. What happens if you remove everything from TS3\Downloads?

Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
Well, you saw the title.

This is what shows up. I recently installed a house that was compatible with all of my stuff.
My first conclusion is I need help getting those files out so it doesn't crash trying to load it.

---PLEASE BACK UP YOUR ENTIRE SIMS 3 FOLDER BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING I SUGGEST !!!! )))

I have (myself) found once I put it my game via the launcher, it was impossible to find after!

Hello. I'm not a pro, but I have seen your error before on my own PC. So I thought I would give it a try! First I want to let you know I break my game about a dozen times a month (LOL- I'm a cc ADDICT) and always succeed in fixing it.. I saw your error after I downloaded a Sim - they had bad cc attached to it. I went through a very long and annoying process of scanning through all my cc in the installer deleting random things and hoping that was the problem - only to see that the problem remained D: That was when I converted EVERYTHING to .package files (Delphy's Multipack Installer is a fantastic way to do this! - and if it wasn't for him I would be here asking for help probably 3 times a week!) - after I did this, I found out someone had included a piece of Sims 2 content with a Sim I downloaded... once I was able to target and delete that piece of content, my game booted right up! ( I also fixed this error last week (yes again) when I mistakenly downloaded a Sims 4 pose! D:

I'm wondering if something was included with that house you downloaded? (It's worth a try right?)

LINK to Delphy's Multipack Installer >> http://modthesims.info/d/364038 << This will allow you to convert your Sims3Pack files into .Package files - - Upon doing this, your game will load SLOWER. .package files seem to slow down no matter what you do! When you have the time (if you wish) sort and put them in their own folders and convert them using Sims3PE - I personally have found this is the easiest way to have TONS of cc and no lagg !

LINK to Delphy's Dashboard >> http://modthesims.info/d/387006 << This will allow you to run a scan through your newly converted .package files and any bad cc will be highlighted .. Conflicts are generally OK. - Follow the key for any other colors! (Delphy is such a gamesaver for creating this! IDK why it still says "in testing" it works great for me! NOTE: Sometimes you have so much cc that it keeps stopping and talking about a "load point" or something.. just keep clicking continue or ok (I forget what is says) as long as the blue bar on the bottom is moving, its working!

LINK to Sims 3 PE - >>https://sourceforge.net/projects/sims3tools/ << (This will allow you to convert your newly clean cc to merged files and SPEED UP your game with no lagg!!

-- Quick Summary of how to use S3PE -- to merge files (I'm still learning what else it can do
Click - File
- New
Resources
- import
- From package (Go where your .package cc is) - this only works with .package as far as I know.
** Click top of package in the folder and shift click- then click open

-- pop- up replace duplicates? - click import
--pop-up auto-save every import? - Click no

DO NOT TOUCH WHILE IT WORKS. Sorry- to yell. But don't (it usually will immediately go to "Not Responding" that's ok. let it work, its not broke!)

When it's finished, File- Save As- name it something so you know what is in it. For instance - Downloads 1 - It will be saved to that folder- or it wont show up in game! (where your downloads are) - I then cut all those Sims3Pack files and saved them somewhere (In case I need to see what is in there) As I download more cc - I immediately convert them to .package files. Clean them. And then save them in a folder of specification. It's organized and it works!

Please keep in mind, this is what I do in my game, you don't have to if you don't want to. But since I had the same problem with Sims 3 pack files back in the day I thought I would offer a permanent solution! Since I have done this, I have found houses, Sims, rugs, walls, and fabrics that would potentially break my game because they were categorized wrong, from the wrong game or corrupt! This will also help find clothing that is in the wrong category! (IE- those annoying stripper boots that show up for infants! ugh!)

The last thing I do- is delete my cache files. - I delete-CASPartCache.package, scriptCache.package, compositorCache, simCompositorCache.package, and socialCache

"usually" that works and my game is bug free!!

GOOD LUCK !!! :D
Site Helper
#6 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 8:14 PM
The screenshot only loads as far as the error message for me. I didn't see the patch level.

(Certain CC should not be extracted from a sims3pack or merged. Worlds, patterns, some lots, and counters are best left to the Launcher.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
The screenshot only loads as far as the error message for me. I didn't see the patch level.

(Certain CC should not be extracted from a sims3pack or merged. Worlds, patterns, some lots, and counters are best left to the Launcher.)

Counters? You mean like in the kitchen? Maybe thats why my counters mostly jack up when I place them.. and then fix? My launcher hasn't worked correctly since about 3 updates ago- not sure why.. just found a way around it. I contacted EA about it and told them the launcher didn't work anymore, and they said "The game is unsupported. Please navigate using Origin ... yada ya" basically they weren't going to help me. I did authorize it through Origin, even though I have physical copies of all the games minus a couple expansions. But even so, converting was the only way I could get that content in my game, which is really time-consuming and sucks sometimes. but I just can't play without it