Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 6:34 PM
Default Recoloring Recolors And New Meshes
There Are A Few New Items That I Would Like To Recolor For Myself But Im Afraid To Try And Figure This Out For Myself. I Have Searched The Site And Have Only Bits And Pieces Of Information.

I Have No Problem Recoloring Maxes Objs. But Do Not Have A Full Understanding Of Ow. Any Help Would Be Appriciated.

Thanks
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 7:59 PM
Not all the custom-made objects are recolourable; very few, indeed, are.
A recolour is possible only if the creator has enabled this feature for his own creations.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 1:20 AM
Those are the objects I was refering to. The one's that say you can do what you want with them. Like the BB large dining table, I would like to do this in black to go with the table it was cloned from for a modern house in my game. Just don't know how to recolor from a DPBF file.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 1:27 AM
The only thing you can try is:
1) Open SimPE v 015
2) Menu "Plugin/Object Workshop"
3) In the OW window, select the tab "Load Object"
4) Load the BB table and choose "Create recolour"
5) If the resulting package is empty, the object isn't recolourable; if, on the contrary, the package contains the texture, you can edit it, but this doesn't mean that it will work in game (you have to test it).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 1:39 AM
Many thanks I will give this a try. Do I have to change anything or will will PE do it for me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 2:05 AM
Boy do I feel stupid . Thanks so much. I Get it now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 2:36 AM
Total lack of updating Sim PE. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. It worked. I am so anel, everything has to match in real life and in the Sims. My job in real life is as a colorest for a major paint company. Boy would my company love me right now if they knew I just wanted to work with something in black. LOL. THANKS AGAIN.
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terryl
Total lack of updating Sim PE. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. It worked. I am so anel, everything has to match in real life and in the Sims. My job in real life is as a colorest for a major paint company. Boy would my company love me right now if they knew I just wanted to work with something in black. LOL. THANKS AGAIN.

Hey Terryl, I too am a colorist for a large vinyl manufacturing company!!!!!
Small world, huh ??? :howdy: