Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 6:12 AM
Default Converting clothing into other types?
How can I convert everyday clothes to outerwear, etc?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 6:33 AM
Go in the "Create section" in bodyshop and then select start new project. Find the clothing you want and then click export textures. Then go into load projects and a list of types of clothing (Swimwear, etc) will appear. Highlight all types you want converted and then click the button that loads it into the game. Hope that helps! I haven't got Bodyshop open so some things aren't exact.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 6:02 PM
There is another trickier way of doing it if you have simpe. Its harder, but its better on your computer if you do it right. (less extra CC is always a good thing) You have to find that outfit's property set and change the number from 7 to 1000. There are a few tutorials here in Bodyshop Modding that will show you how to do it.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
There is another trickier way of doing it if you have simpe. Its harder, but its better on your computer if you do it right. (less extra CC is always a good thing) You have to find that outfit's property set and change the number from 7 to 1000. There are a few tutorials here in Bodyshop Modding that will show you how to do it.

Any idea where the property sets are located? I can find everything else (TMXTs, textures, GMDCs, etc.), but not the property sets!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 7:56 PM
The property sets are located in the recolour. Should be listed as "Property Set (GZPS)"

More on it here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=138073

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#6 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 8:27 PM
This can also be done --and done very easily-- with the Wardrobe Wrangler, if I am not mistaken.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
The property sets are located in the recolour. Should be listed as "Property Set (GZPS)"

More on it here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=138073

Well, I know that. But I thought there was some way to do it without having to make recolour copies. There are some weird men's outfits in the game that look like Formal wear to me, but they're in Everyday. So I wanted to just change them to Formal... without adding an extra copy.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 9:42 PM
Ohhhh. Well, I -thought- you probably knew that, but heck, I don't know.

There are recategorizer mods - first one that pops to mind is this one - could look at it and see how it's done.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#9 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
This method is not only easier, but also avoids the texture degradation that results from snarfing things in and out of bodyshop. The Jfadetool can do this for you, so you don't have to know anything about bitmath.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 11:47 AM
So will it overwrite or duplicate the clothing that in the original cat, using the bodyshop method?

Because i can't rmb the original filename for that
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#11 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 4:32 PM
If you use Bodyshop you will have a duplicate copy in your new category and it won't remove the old one. The other ways are *much* better.