Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#151 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 3:14 AM
I'll see about making the face thinner, but if her head gets too thin it'll look funny. I'll see what i can do.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 28th May 2011 at 12:22 PM
Any chance of releasing the empty Pleasantview world a la armiel's Finnington? I'd love to make the sims and lots for myself but am horribly hopeless at CAW. Your version looks spot on.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#153 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 9:17 AM
That's an idea, I could do that. And thank you! Accuracy is very important to me for this project. The house lots are as accurate as possible, save for lots that have hot tubs (Lothario's and the Calientes' houses, for instance, had to be extended to make room for their hot tubs on the upper floors).

Also, once again I apologize for having nothing to update, ever since finishing school at the end of March I've been very busy. Building my graphic design portfolio, searching for jobs, helping my grandparents with gardening, and helping run my local Belegarth chapter. I don't really have a lot of time to work on this, but I will when I can.

I just ask that you all bear with me. Hey, look at it this way, This project's development could be much worse. It could be Black Mesa.
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 11:37 AM
Hey hows this project going? :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#155 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 6:14 AM
No progress to report right now. Been busy with job-searching, belegarth leadership, and dealing with some personal depression that I'd rather not share here.

When I have some free time I'll see if I can put some of it to working on the project, but I can't make any guarantees.
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 2:27 PM
Aw dont worry about it, focus on yourself for now Good luck!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#157 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 2:39 AM
Is CaW working right for everyone else? Since the most recent patch, it seems like EA hasn't updated CaW to work with it yet. In the past when I update its like immediate, but whenever I download the installer to update CaW it only gives me the option to remove the software rather than upgrade it. Trying to run CaW itself again, and it says it's out of date.

I was really going to put some work in on Pleasantview but I can't open CaW since I updated the game to a new patch.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#158 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 2:03 AM
Tried it again, this time uninstalling CaW and reinstalling it. It still won't run and says I need the newest version of Create-A-World (which I downloaded).

Has EA seriously not updated CaW for the last patch? Or is it just me?
Instructor
#159 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Baron Obvious
Has EA seriously not updated CaW for the last patch? Or is it just me?

They did, but they also made it so you need the latest EP or SP to work. Luckily folks here have found a work-around. Check out the thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=450303 It can probably help.

:D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#160 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 12:35 AM
Awesome, I'll try that out soon. I don't want to have to drop the project just because I haven't bought the latest stuffspansion packs.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#161 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 8:12 AM
Okay, I have an update. Unfortunately it's not a content update, or screenshots or anything. I've been very busy with actual life stuff, and dealing with some more personal things still, and I know it must look like the project is dead by now. But if everything goes as planned, I should be able to get back to work on Pleasantview Forever! Namely, sometime in the next couple weeks. I've ordered a new graphics card and power supply for my computer, so if anything, the graphical boost should give me an incentive to jump back in CaW seeing as this new card should be far more capable to to handle lots of stuff than my old card can.

For you tech-savvy simmers, My current card is a GeForce 8500 GT 512mb. It was kinda mid-range when it was new, which was four years ago when I got this computer. Always ran Sims 3 kinda choppy, but playable on decent settings. The new card I've ordered is a GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1gb. Not the latest and greatest, but within my budget and (if what nVidia's site says is true), is about sixteen times faster than my 8500 GT.

So here's to hoping the card swap goes well, and that I can get back into the thick of CaW once it's all ready. Again, I apologize for making Pleasantview Forever sound more and more appropriately named with each passing day. I just have priorities, and games aren't at the top of the list.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#162 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 5:52 PM
After some minor complications, all of which were fixed, my new parts are running great! The Sims 3 now runs on maximum settings without a hitch! And I'm resuming work on the project. Apparently over the last couple patches, most of the community lot descriptions in my Pleasantview file have been lost. But that's no matter, since i can just copy them over from the test build I exported the last time I worked on everything.

As far as I know, the town is fully playable, and all I need to do is create a save file with all of the sims added, relationships set and whatnot.

At this point, I'm thinking of releasing it as-is with a save file soon. From the start, I took this on because I thought it would be a fun way to get to know Create-a-World, but also make something I know people would want. I've learned a lot, and I'm absolutely sure there's a whole lot more I have yet TO learn. But really, I think this project has been in the oven for more than long enough.

So I'm going to work on it some more, then release it, as-is. There are bound to be some issues somewhere in there that I didn't find, big or small or whatever. Due to that, I'll also release the CaW files so others that know CaW better than I do can make adjustments and fixes to any bugs, oversights, etc. I'll probably also release the sim bin files if anybody wants to touch up the sims I've created and tweaked for use in this project.
Test Subject
#163 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 4:03 PM Last edited by bornas12 : 20th Jan 2012 at 2:17 PM.
Default Pleasantview Forever! (formerly Another Pleasantview Remake)
Could you tell us when will you put a save file please??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#164 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 7:37 AM
Yes, I'll include a save file when I upload it. The whole package should include the playable world, and a savefile that should at least approximately resemble a fresh Pleasantview start in Sims 2 (though some things, such as Bella Goth's missing status, may not be present). It will also include sim bin files of all the included characters, along with my CaW files so that if there are any mistakes in the world or characters that I may have missed, others can correct them. Basically, PVF! will become an open project for others to improve upon.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#165 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 5:03 AM Last edited by Baron Obvious : 30th Jan 2012 at 10:38 AM.
Finished:
Pleasantview exported for play.
Pleasantview CaW files added to a .rar

In progress:
Save file
-Giving Sims careers, forging families and relationships
-Killing sims that should be dead
-'populating' the cemetery
-Anything else I can't immediately think of.

.rar release package (playable world and save files)
.rar Sim Bin package (all of Pleasantview Forever!'s characters for edit in CaS)

Requirements
Sims 3 base game, up to date
Sims 3 Late Night, up to date.
As far as I know, it shouldn't require Barnacle Bay, since I've removed any BB-based assets from the Caliente Sisters, who were imported into CAS and edited for Pleasantview. But I don't know for absolute certain.

Known Issues:
-Some community lots say that I have to remove the 'special buildings' (rabbit holes) in order for their lot types to work properly, but I don't know how else I'm supposed to have those buildings there. In the meantime, I'm just defaulting them to Visitors Allowed lots (despite the message saying the above issue) unless someone has a better idea.

-Kaylynn Langerak doesn't have a Maid job. Fixed! nraas Master Controller allows her to be converted to a service NPC

-Bella is not missing. I don't know how to get this to happen without just outright removing her from the world. Though I'm sure there are a lot of players who don't mind the idea of sparing the Goth family the tragedy of a missing wife and mother, I'd like to be able to make this happen for the sake of consistency with the original Pleasantview. If anyone knows how to turn her into a townie or an NPC (but NOT a service npc!) then I'd be grateful if you could share this knowledge with me!

-Using nraas mastercontroller, I can't seem to add dead sims to the family trees of living sims. I tried populating the town by adding all of the dead sims first, then killing them, and then repopulate with the living sims meant to be playable. For instance, I've aged to death the Goths and Crumplebottoms necessary for the Goth family mansion, but I can't seem to connect Gunther and Cornelia as Mortimer's parents. Fixed! The connection needs to be made from the ghost to the living sim, not the living sim to the ghost.
Instructor
#166 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 5:33 AM
About the last one, is it possible that they need to have some form of relationship for them to be linked as family? I do not onow about using that mod much, so I'm just pulling a answer out of the air.

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#167 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 9:19 AM Last edited by Baron Obvious : 30th Jan 2012 at 9:44 AM.
They don't, using the MasterController I could link anyone that populates the town as a family member, including randomly generated townies that they haven't even met. For some reason, I just can't link dead sims, even if they're on the same lot, even if the ghost of that sim is up haunting.

There's one thing I haven't tried, which is trying to make the connection from the ghost's side rather than the living sim's side. If that doesn't work, then I'll just have to settle for the sims not being recognized as related to their dead forebears by the game.

EDIT: It works! I just have to make the connection from the ghost to the living sim, not the living sim to the ghost.
Test Subject
#168 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 5:58 PM
Could you put some pictures on? I would love to see it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#169 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 11:49 PM Last edited by Baron Obvious : 1st Feb 2012 at 6:25 AM.
As it stands right NOW, the town is not populated, save for the Goth family graveyard (I'm adding all the deceased sims first, then populating with the living). So screenshots wouldn't be much different from the last ones that I posted a while back. But now that I'm working IN game, and now from CaW's "Edit in game" option, I'll see about taking some screenshots of the town, and the sims in CaS.

EDIT: actually since I'm so close to finishing up the save file, I'll save the screenshots for when the town is populated. I'll have the living sims take their families' remains to the cemetery.

Currently, the deceased families are almost complete. Once they're done, I'll start populating the town with the living sims that you start with in Pleasantview.
I will be adding the Bachelors (Simis, Jocasta, and Michael) and Darleen Dreamer among the living sims, so I can make their family tree connections to each other and to Bella Goth before adding them to the deceased.

I'm still looking for ways to make Bella Goth a townie/npc, if anybody knows how. I'd rather her not be dead, as she was well among the living in The Sims 2.

EDIT AGAIN: When I take someone's remains to the cemetery to be added, next time i go to Edit Town, it's sent back to the family inventory of whoever placed it there, so I can't populate the graveyard. Any tips? Turns out I just had to save before going to Edit Town.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#170 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 8:25 AM Last edited by Baron Obvious : 1st Feb 2012 at 9:27 PM.
uh, okay so there was a lot I'd added before that cuts into the sidewalk of the road it's connected to (like, half way through). I hadn't noticed this until after I'd already started work on my save file, and I've done too much already to want to go back to CaW, fix the lot, and start the save file over again. I bulldozed and removed the lot, but the chunk of sidewalk is still missing, and it's glaringly obvious every time you pass by on the way to or from the cemetery (or the other nearby lots). Any way I can fix this?

And now a lot of lots aren't saving their name or descriptions. Twice I've had to re-write them now, and I've no clue why they don't save, while others hold on to their details just fine.
Test Subject
#171 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 11:41 AM
Can you (when you populate the town) put some pictures of the people in the Pleasantview?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#172 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 1:20 PM
Yeah, I said I would hold off taking screenshots until the town is populated. Currently, most of the main characters are in place. Just adding a few bonus characters, then setting everyone's relationships and careers (for those that have them), then all I need to do is fix the lots that keep losing their lot names and descriptions, find a way to make Bella an NPC or Townie or something, and then I'll be just about done.

Then I'll do the screenshots.

Also, the bonus characters are Goopy GilsCarbo and Meadow Thayer, two NPC's from The Sims 2. Since Meadow is a teen, I'm adding some generic parents for her. I'm debating whether to have Goopy live by himself, or with a specially created character to be his mother, whom I call Doopy.
Test Subject
#173 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 4:53 PM Last edited by bornas12 : 4th Feb 2012 at 11:03 AM.
Very cool! When are you thinking about relesing it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#174 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 5:12 AM
Soon, hopefully.
Test Subject
#175 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Baron Obvious
Finished:
Pleasantview exported for play.
Pleasantview CaW files added to a .rar

In progress:
Save file
-Giving Sims careers, forging families and relationships
-Killing sims that should be dead
-'populating' the cemetery
-Anything else I can't immediately think of.

.rar release package (playable world and save files)
.rar Sim Bin package (all of Pleasantview Forever!'s characters for edit in CaS)

Requirements
Sims 3 base game, up to date
Sims 3 Late Night, up to date.
As far as I know, it shouldn't require Barnacle Bay, since I've removed any BB-based assets from the Caliente Sisters, who were imported into CAS and edited for Pleasantview. But I don't know for absolute certain.

Known Issues:
-Some community lots say that I have to remove the 'special buildings' (rabbit holes) in order for their lot types to work properly, but I don't know how else I'm supposed to have those buildings there. In the meantime, I'm just defaulting them to Visitors Allowed lots (despite the message saying the above issue) unless someone has a better idea.

-Kaylynn Langerak doesn't have a Maid job. Fixed! nraas Master Controller allows her to be converted to a service NPC

-Bella is not missing. I don't know how to get this to happen without just outright removing her from the world. Though I'm sure there are a lot of players who don't mind the idea of sparing the Goth family the tragedy of a missing wife and mother, I'd like to be able to make this happen for the sake of consistency with the original Pleasantview. If anyone knows how to turn her into a townie or an NPC (but NOT a service npc!) then I'd be grateful if you could share this knowledge with me!

-Using nraas mastercontroller, I can't seem to add dead sims to the family trees of living sims. I tried populating the town by adding all of the dead sims first, then killing them, and then repopulate with the living sims meant to be playable. For instance, I've aged to death the Goths and Crumplebottoms necessary for the Goth family mansion, but I can't seem to connect Gunther and Cornelia as Mortimer's parents. Fixed! The connection needs to be made from the ghost to the living sim, not the living sim to the ghost.
I dont know if you have fixed this problem or not but you can use the testingcheatsenabled and shift clicker her to "age up into NPC" or grow up, one or the other. also looking good, started working on my own then decided to google it, then shortly after finding this gave up on mine
Locked thread
Page 7 of 8