Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 1:30 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 15th Dec 2011 at 5:53 PM.
Default Vent! V2
The original thread was way too large, so this is the new place to vent.

From babicatz05's original post:
Quote:
A thread where you can vent if you need to. I didn't see any on here. So to my fellow grouches, vent away!

Original thread here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=335824

Hey look, giant purple mod text! I'd best pay attention!

This thread is for venting - if ya don't like what someone's venting about or you think their issues are stupid, then move on. Grumping, nitpicking, providing un-asked-for advice, or turning this thread into a giant wank over nonsense is not okay. You are not obligated to post anything, ever... that means quietly rolling your eyes to yourself if you dislike someone's rant, but not posting about it.. Please keep that in mind, and don't make us turn the hose on ya'll.
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 6:08 AM
My country has taken proud 143th place in the Corruption Perceptions Index.

My heart goes out to people who live in countries with yet worse corruption because I have no idea how it can be possibly worse. Perhaps officials walk the streets there armed and kill those who wouldn't bribe them...
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 12:39 PM Last edited by AngryBunny. : 1st Dec 2011 at 1:30 PM.
^ My country is listed 8th. I forget how lucky I am sometimes.

My vent for the day:
I went to get my eyes tested at the glasses place the other day. The guy in the store was really nice and helpful... maybe too helpful? I came home today and saw that he'd added me on Facebook. I didn't even tell him my name, so he must have used the store records. Uh... I'm pretty sure they're not meant to use customer information for such purposes. I don't know whether to be flattered or thoroughly creeped out. Can't a girl do anything without getting hit on these days?! I went jogging this afternoon and got honked at like three times in the space of about 100m. I don't know about other girls, but I fucking hate that.

Animal Lover, Athletic, Excitable, Flirty, Hot-Headed.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AngryBunny.

My vent for the day:
I went to get my eyes tested at the glasses place the other day. The guy in the store was really nice and helpful... maybe too helpful? I came home today and saw that he'd added me on Facebook. I didn't even tell him my name, so he must have used the store records. Uh... I'm pretty sure they're not meant to use customer information for such purposes. I don't know whether to be flattered or thoroughly creeped out. Can't a girl do anything without getting hit on these days?! I went jogging this afternoon and got honked at like three times in the space of about 100m. I don't know about other girls, but I fucking hate that.

yes that is very creapy keep an eye on him if he gets to weird go to his boss. Its not the day or age were you can be ignorant of signs, especially women. As for the honking i hate it cause i always jump. However im getting older and wider lol so i think i miss the honking.

The One The Only Peoinee
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 2:54 PM
for the past 2 days i have been waiting and growling at the computer i hit a stupid virus tuse and it wiped out my computer and the gorgeous world i was working on i dont even know how i got the terrain to blend so well with the DT but now i have to start over grrrrrr and one of my best starter homes i tried to upload here got rejected and now its gone for good it has not been a good week now im waiing on 101 windows updates to finish installing before i go restart my world.

The One The Only Peoinee
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 3:04 PM

My vent for the day:

Wow, I can't imagine the guy added you to facebook. Totally unprofessional. I guess the only thing I can say is I sort of wish guys honked at me like they did as a young adult. LOL. Once you get to be a certain age. . (ahem), if its any consolation it stops happening, and you get as much attention as the invisible woman. I think I'd prefer the honking sadly.
Instructor
#7 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 3:09 PM
My vent is I hate those things you get in the email from well-intentioned folks that are urban legends. Do not flash your lights at oncoming cars or a gang member will take it as a sign to kill you, or Obama is going to outlaw prayer, secretly is a muslim and is out to get you.

Passing on unsubstantiatedrumors can have some really dangerous affects as for instance people will not vaccinate their children because of concerns of dangerous side effects from scare email.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
My vent is I hate those things you get in the email from well-intentioned folks that are urban legends. Do not flash your lights at oncoming cars or a gang member will take it as a sign to kill you, or Obama is going to outlaw prayer, secretly is a muslim and is out to get you.

Passing on unsubstantiatedrumors can have some really dangerous affects as for instance people will not vaccinate their children because of concerns of dangerous side effects from scare email.

100% agree
I used to get maybe 2 a week of these i would go look at snoops.com find the truth and reply back to the person with a "THIS IS FAKE" but after a while my inbox got over loaded and i only use the account for rare things.
And yes ive seen way to many things happen because of a email scare its stupid urban legands, myths, pranks, scams, and worse of all someones account gets hacked and there you go they sent you a virus and didnt even know it.
I rarly check my email anymore its depressing how much junk there is and it can show up in an email that has NEVER been given to anyone or company or website. I tried this once and with in 2 months i had junk and over seas "your long lost relitive died we have the money for you" scams grrrrrrrrrrr.

The One The Only Peoinee
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missy harries
I feel you're pain, It's happened to me too! I'm one of those people who have to have half a dozen things to do at once, I had a skintone I was working on for months, 3 different worlds and new hair mesh (not to mention my non sims stuff). Switch on my PC one day and I get 'no hard disk detected'....... My hard drive died with everything on it ,no backup. Talk about a mood killer, I've just lost the will power to start it all again! That was a while ago now but it's still bums me out

I still want my perfect sim town with all eps included so i cant give up yet but oh its frustrating.

The One The Only Peoinee
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 4:55 PM Last edited by gelis : 1st Dec 2011 at 5:20 PM. Reason: typos
I went jogging this afternoon and got honked at like three times in the space of about 100m. I don't know about other girls, but I fucking hate that.

Yea, I get a shitlag everytime that happens. Though, when I'm jogging, I'm in my happy place so I just don't care and I don't make any kind of contact with that honking genius.

My stupid vent; I have been sick this whole week. I look and feel and probably sound like hungover Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer. My head is killing me and also my GUMS. I feel like ripping my teeth off and I can count my freaking heart beat via my gums. Making things worse, I have almost watched all my scrubs DVDs, and our hot water pipe thing got broken so only cold showers. Also I my space bar is stuck and it makes annoying sound everytime I press it. And why in hell we don't have any hot chocolate powder stuff? SO STUPID AAAAAAAA *head desk*

Stupid illness took away my opportunity to go to school to teach. Those offers don't come often so fuck. Also, I had better to get well before Saturday. GRAAAH. I want to go jogging so bad.

ETA: time passes so slow and painfully so I think about every day it's Sunday at least but then I realize it is not, so no new oglaf.
Scholar
#11 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 6:30 PM
Freezer finally broke. It's been fucked up for a while but we were putting off replacing it because it's $1,100 or so to get a new one. Had to throw out a bunch of food. Giant puddle of water all over the floor that smelled like rotten meat, you know, because of all the rotten meat. The freezer was like 80°f, and the fridge was close to 50°f. It's only a matter of time before I have to throw out all of the fresh food too.

Call me selfish, but I'm also kind of pissed that I won't be able to buy anything for my birthday or Christmas. It's the only time of the year when I have an excuse to spend money on myself. The last time I bought anything I didn't need was last year on my birthday. Ffffff. I don't even ask for money any other time of the year because I know the answer is just indiscriminate shouting. Whatever. I just feel like a selfish prick.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 11:11 AM
I can't blame you pare321 - it's so disappointing when you look forward to having something all your own and having to give it up. And you feel worse because it's being spent on something so utilitarian. Kind of like getting an iron for your birthday when you wanted earrings.
Helptato
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gelis
Yea, I get a shitlag everytime that happens. Though, when I'm jogging, I'm in my happy place so I just don't care and I don't make any kind of contact with that honking genius.

My stupid vent; I have been sick this whole week. I look and feel and probably sound like hungover Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer. My head is killing me and also my GUMS. I feel like ripping my teeth off and I can count my freaking heart beat via my gums. Making things worse, I have almost watched all my scrubs DVDs, and our hot water pipe thing got broken so only cold showers. Also I my space bar is stuck and it makes annoying sound everytime I press it. And why in hell we don't have any hot chocolate powder stuff? SO STUPID AAAAAAAA *head desk*

Stupid illness took away my opportunity to go to school to teach. Those offers don't come often so fuck. Also, I had better to get well before Saturday. GRAAAH. I want to go jogging so bad.

ETA: time passes so slow and painfully so I think about every day it's Sunday at least but then I realize it is not, so no new oglaf.

*snugs and hands chicken soup and blanket*

I love my dad, but WHY does he wind me up so much? He seriously doesn't know when to stop! I just want peace because I've had a long and stressful week. Also, how the hell does playing FPS games make me violent? First, it's none of your business what games I play and perhaps if you left me alone and stopped winding me up to the point where I scream I would be more gentle and calmer!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Theorist
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 7:11 PM
Default *I hate my neighbors*
Sparkly,
Your dad probably has no clue about games...try not to let him wind you up. We parents mean well. My son would play games and watch toons all day but I have to limit him. It's all about balance. I know teens don't want to hear it.

Rant about neighbors....

My neighbors should not own pets. This complex is full of very sad, lonely animals. You just walk by and see them staring forlornly out the windows and can't help but get upset.

There is a dog howling downstairs all the time lately (they have 2 rat terriers or some other small type dogs). One of them has been howling nonstop for hours. I know people have to go to work but why have 2 dogs and crate them ALL day so they are miserable?

I have a dog (pointer/lab/collie/terrier mix) and she has to go out all the time. I walk her 3 times in the day and my husband takes her out another 2 times, sometimes to the park. Every weekend we take her on long, long walks. She needs it.

Meanwhile this other girl across the hall has a dog that is huge and NEVER walked more than to the mail box and back. This dog is insane with frustration and lunges at the apartment door every time anyone walks by or it barks and barks and snarls at us outside. It's aggressive from frustration and pent up energy.

Dogs and cats NEED interaction. So many people get pets and just leave them alone or just ignore them.

Oh, and I can't stand the fact I walk in dog feces or have to avoid them nearly every day because of irresponsible pet owners.

Lesson to learn...if you cannot give your dog decent exercise, get a goldfish.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Instructor
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 9:28 PM
I agree about the pet thing locked in houses and backyards. My ex boss used to live next to me and his little dogs barked all day long and never left his yard. Why have dogs if you're keeping them in the backyard and not regularly walking them? It makes me sad. I really don't like people who abuse and neglect animals.

My rant:

I was out driving my mom to pick up her vehicle at the tire repair place, and I encountered both pedestrians with a stroller walking in a fairly busy street with bad lighting wearing all dark clothing! It was super dangerous and they were quite hard to see.Bad enough to risk your own life, but a baby in a stroller? Nice.

Then as I returned back to campus, there were two bicycling students, also wearing all dark clothing with no reflecting bling speeding down the street nearly invisible.

I think people who wear dark clothing at night do not realize really how hard they are to see. A little reflective bling on your clothing would do wonders.
Theorist
#16 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 9:43 PM
I went jogging this afternoon and got honked at like three times in the space of about 100m. I don't know about other girls, but I fucking hate that.

I hate that too. What, am I supposed to feel complimented?! And how do they expect me to react?

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Mad Poster
#17 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 10:08 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 2nd Dec 2011 at 10:33 PM.
Can I just say I love this vent thread? Vent and it's over. I just love that. It's like garbage day when the trash collector just takes it all away. Even removing the vent after venting still gives relief. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You are an awesome thread!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 1:27 AM
I had planned to take all of December off of my regular Sims 2 machinima-making to play Skyrim and WoW, play my no cc legacy, take a breather and dabble with TS1 again. But the SECOND I leave the site I own (it's all about not using cc in machinima, very small, private, invite-only place) turns to utter shit, nobody on the mod team of five people knows what to do, they're all asking me for codes to keep the main page updated and the help forum is in desperate need of my advice. I've had this thing running for about six months right now and I'd think that the mods would know what to do without me. I feel *really* guilty for leaving them even though I gave them the info they needed. I just don't want it to crash and burn . . . but at the same time I feel like I didn't prepare them enough to go on without me for three weeks. I'm never the type to take a personal hiatus unless it's something serious (the last time I did was around a year ago when my mother kicked me out after I told her she was an irresponsible drunk and sent me across three continents to live with my dad, where I'm at now) and this one's purely to take some "me" time. How do I stop feeling guilty about leaving them? I can't even bring myself to boot up Skyrim, it's that bad. I've been moping around the house and eating and checking up on the forums without logging in.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
#19 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 11:20 PM
I got a haircut and it's fucking horrible. She took off like three more inches than I asked and it's so fucking blunt everywhere. The back is a fucking rectangle. It's so far from what I wanted and I can't even put it back anymore. I know my hair shouldn't mean this much to me but I feel like punching a hole though the fucking wall and crying. It looks so fucking bad. I get enough stares when I go out; how am I even supposed to defend myself when I don't even like it?

rrrrggg. fucking shit. It's going to take me at least four more months to grow out the front and I'm going to have to get the back cut again. I'm going to get so much passive aggressive shit from my teachers telling me to fix it.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I had planned to take all of December off of my regular Sims 2 machinima-making to play Skyrim and WoW, play my no cc legacy, take a breather and dabble with TS1 again. But the SECOND I leave the site I own (it's all about not using cc in machinima, very small, private, invite-only place) turns to utter shit, nobody on the mod team of five people knows what to do, they're all asking me for codes to keep the main page updated and the help forum is in desperate need of my advice. I've had this thing running for about six months right now and I'd think that the mods would know what to do without me. I feel *really* guilty for leaving them even though I gave them the info they needed. I just don't want it to crash and burn . . . but at the same time I feel like I didn't prepare them enough to go on without me for three weeks. I'm never the type to take a personal hiatus unless it's something serious (the last time I did was around a year ago when my mother kicked me out after I told her she was an irresponsible drunk and sent me across three continents to live with my dad, where I'm at now) and this one's purely to take some "me" time. How do I stop feeling guilty about leaving them? I can't even bring myself to boot up Skyrim, it's that bad. I've been moping around the house and eating and checking up on the forums without logging in.

LOL i know exactly how you feel i was the owner/creator/moderator for my Wow guild website. WoW just got to be to much for me so my boyfriend took it over and still 3 months later i have to go to his computer to show him how to do certain things. Dang it i quit WoW. I ran the site for so long i showed him many things almost everything. And still he doesnt get it. GRRRRRRRR.

Hehe it was one of the many things the guild didnt realize i was doing for them till i left then ofcourse i was one of 4 GMs (more of a counsel) soon as i left the guild fell apart. They figured out who was really holding it together didnt they.

The One The Only Peoinee
Mad Poster
#21 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peoinee
LOL i know exactly how you feel i was the owner/creator/moderator for my Wow guild website. WoW just got to be to much for me so my boyfriend took it over and still 3 months later i have to go to his computer to show him how to do certain things. Dang it i quit WoW. I ran the site for so long i showed him many things almost everything. And still he doesnt get it. GRRRRRRRR.

Hehe it was one of the many things the guild didnt realize i was doing for them till i left then ofcourse i was one of 4 GMs (more of a counsel) soon as i left the guild fell apart. They figured out who was really holding it together didnt they.

Glad I'm not the only one who plays WoW here That's what happened with me before, I was one of the heads of a guild and I left because I was invited into a more elite one (yay me!) and the one I had started had to disband because nobody knew what they were doing.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 4:20 AM
its crazy we were a long running guild i was one of the charter cigs so i really had been there from the start we went for almost 2 years started as a casual and about 2 months before i left we had made our way to hard core raid. after 3 splits and some horrible backlash from the last one (we couldnt walk around org with out them fallowing and berating people in say and trade) i just had enough so im on a break for an unspecified amount of time. we had a good run though id say most guilds dont make it a year we were there for almost 2 and were well known even after a merge and name change. But i guess nothing lasts for ever. If i go back ill be looking to join a hard core raid guild but will try not to get into management again lol. Well unless i choose to start my own and start it exactly how it will grow i have a lot of experiance now hehe.

The One The Only Peoinee
Theorist
#23 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 4:46 AM
For some reason, the fire alarm in the Library keeps on ringing for no reason these days. Multiple times too. It's downright annoying, and if they don't get it fixed soon, they should just remove it!
Scholar
#24 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 3:12 AM
why the f is it that if you don't feel like eating and your skinny your seen as having a eating disorder, and when your "over weight" and you don't eat your seen as on a diet? Dont anyone ever think of there is a reason why I am not eating like I don't know A STOMACH ACHE! Aish seriously

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Instructor
#25 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:12 AM
Gah! I went shopping at Kohls, and I wanted to buy a pair of pajamas. So- went to the clerk to check out. I entered my debit card, but when she told me the amount it was 10 dollars more than I thought it was, making it too expensive for me. I apologized. She said ok, and I left.

Unfortunately while the clerk voided the pajamas, for some reason my credit card info was still authorized, because the next person's items were charged on my credit card to the tune of 193.00! I checked my bank account this am, and When I saw my statement, I freaked out. I went back to the store, and they were able to look up the transaction and saw the clerk made a mistake. They were able to refund me 173.00 of the dollars, but because the person behind me bought a gift card with my credit, they couldn't give me money back for that since gift cards aren't refundable. They did give me 30.00 of coupons to spend in the store... So I did manage to buy the sleepwear.

I wonder if the lady who got the 193.00 will ever notice she wasn't debited for it, or check that my name is on the reciept, LOL.

I was a bit surprised to find this could even happen. Then when I got home from work, I found the cat had thrown up on the carpet and the dog had peed on the rug. (he is getting old and having bladder problems). Just not my day I guess!
Locked thread | Locked by: jhd1189 Reason: Please use the new thread!
Page 1 of 47