Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 12:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Redundancy Check Error
So before I start I've already done everything here http://modthesims.info/t/418577 and Im still having a problem. I've done a manual uninstall and cleaned the registry files. Game is up to date. Done all that.

I installed all of my games and then ran it only to find out I had a massive error where the interface wasnt showing up. So I did something I will never EVER do again... I got lazy and decided to system restore my computer to undo the installation. Turns out one of my expansion packs and the base game were before the last system restore point so I had to uninstall them manually. So as I'm installing I get to the ambitions and I get a Redundancy check for Riverview(? The town that comes with it anyways) so I skip it for now and go on to Late Night... Get the same error with Bridgeport. Basically with all of the expansion packs that I system restored away (They were gone in my control panel but not in my system files but I didn't know that at the time.) I'm getting the Redundancy error.

I know I royally screwed up and shouldn't have done that(You live and learn right?) but is there any way to make my game work again, or am I going to have to reformat?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 12:09 PM Last edited by mikey : 21st Apr 2014 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4368711, 4368760
Follow the guides below to uninstall and reinstall manually. Make sure when you uninstall, you completely remove ALL references to Sims 3 from the hard drive and registry as shown. Do a search and make sure then reboot. Once you are sure everything is removed, then start reinstalling one at a time and checking to make sure they work before the next install.
  1. Whether you are Installing for the first time or Reinstalling, be sure to read the Game Help:Installwiki FAQ.
    -
  2. This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3,
    and its (EP/SP) packs. As well as removing any leftovers after uninstalling.
    -
  3. The Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki Guide provides information on:
    • Tips Before You Begin
    • Patching Common Errors
    • Manual Patch Downloads
    • Invalid File Errors and more

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 3:07 AM
Thank you mikey! the second link provided a lot more instructions than the one that I found. I think I have my problem fixed! Will let you know how it turns out when I finish the reinstall. THANK YOU SO MUCH!