Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 11:10 PM
its because you can only have 1 axe no matter what. does the quest still say you need to find the axe ? because then you could miss that adventure since you wont be able to complete it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 11:20 PM
yea still says 'Find the Axe'. Bit of a bummer
Test Subject
#28 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 10:17 AM
yeah. that adventure is sure one of the strange one. i dont even think it will help if you delete or sell your axe.

so you can do as i did. but i dont know if it will work. BUT first of.

leave your axe at home. on the wall etc.
make a new sim. or play another household and take that sim to do the adventure to get the "right" axe down on the wall in the tomb.
Then journey back home with the sim and merge that sim with your current normal sim.
then take the adventure axe and "give" it to your normal sim, just drag and drop it on your sim. now try to go back to china and see if the adventure will recornice the axe now. and let you complete the adventure...

its a long shot and time before you know if it'l work. but its a start. and when you then maybe have completed the adventure you might get that axe or it will go away and you can get your first axe at home and use that. and ofcause "delete" your other sim or kill him/her. and live on like all is good :-D
Test Subject
#29 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 10:48 AM
hi
i had trouble looking/finding the axe thing 2! my problem was that the axe was like invisible, but i finally found it! ok this sometimes works!? what u do is you hold shift and click on the ground and click "buy on this lot" (if u entered the main cheat "testingcheatsenabled on") so ur in the buy mode and (maybe) the axe thing will be there on the wall (just maybe there was like a glitch thing) so if u see it then yea! so u get out of buy mode and VOILA!! and just a quick reminder this "sometimes" works!
goodluck!!
and sorry if u couldn't find it!
Test Subject
#30 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 8:48 PM
just a quick note from experience here. If you have already found or gotten the axe, you CANNOT get it off a wall again. even with the debugbuy. it will disappear as soon as you go back into live mode.... here is what I did as suggested on a different site...

if you lose your axe, go to edit town, switch homes, use debugbuy and put it on a wall in new home. also buy a treasure chest. place the chest outside. go to live mode, take axe off the wall and put it in the chest. go back to original family and go open the chest. the axe will be in the chest and you can take it and have your axe again!!
hope this helps.

~~FrogGirl~~
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FrogGirl
just a quick note from experience here. If you have already found or gotten the axe, you CANNOT get it off a wall again.

I can put it on the wall and take it off whenever I want.

The only time I couldn't do so was when my sim had too much in her inventory, I could take the axe off the wall but couldn't put it anywhere. Luckily I had saved just before that so I quit without saving, went back and removed most of the stuff from her inventory, then I tried again and the axe worked properly.
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 4:19 AM
Default easy way to get Pangu's Axe
So, i struggled BIG time getting Pangu's axe. I was stuck in that bleeping tomb for 4 (human) hours, trying to find a way to the axe. I could see it, but i couldn't get to it, because i was totally lost. Then i tried something that worked!! If you master Martial arts, (which is a smart thing to do any way because it means you can fight the mummies and defend yourself from curses) you can meditate for about an hour maybe two (sims time) and you'll start levitating. Once you levitate, you can 'zeneport' (teleport) yourself anywhere! So, just start levitating, and zeneport yourself to where the axe is! That simple. And forget trying to find your way out, its way too confusing. just Zeneport back outta there! I wish i knew that when i was stuck in there at the beginning, hopefully that will help anyone who was as stuck as i was
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 3:05 PM Last edited by BeechWell2 : 1st Jul 2010 at 3:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FrogGirl
if you lose your axe, go to edit town, switch homes, use debugbuy and put it on a wall in new home. also buy a treasure chest. place the chest outside. go to live mode, take axe off the wall and put it in the chest. go back to original family and go open the chest. the axe will be in the chest and you can take it and have your axe again!!
hope this helps.

I know this is an old post, but I just tried this method and it doesn't work!
I can put the axe in into the treasure chest in the new household jsut fine. But when I open the chest with a Sim from the old household (that found and lost the axe), the axe is no longer in there (but instead hangs on the wall I put it on originally).

My initial problem was that the axe always disappears when I move a Sim out of the household - unless the axe hangs on a wall, in which case the game crashes when trying to move a Sim to a different household. This seems all very weair to me. I suppose the game tries a bit too hard to make sure there will ever be only one axe.

EDIT: Problem solved. The lost axes was indeed still in the family invenotry
Test Subject
#34 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 4:47 PM
A Better ALTERNATIVE
I found a solution to getting the axe back. Click on the link to download a community lot that has the axe inside a chest.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...ssetId=2269338#

THERES No mod, no cheat!!! Just a good alternative.
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 6:52 PM
Default Your Alternative
Lorena, does your alternative allow you to complete the Pangu’s Axe Quest i.e. when you go to the Temple of Heaven to specifically retrieve the Axe (during Pangu’s Axe)? Or is this just an alternative to having the axe?

Unfortunately, the link you’ve provided doesn’t seem to be working at the moment.

My problem is this; I’ve sent my teen sim to China and he has got the Quest to get the Axe. His family has been on vacation before and recovered the Axe previously, but they’ve never been to this version of China, as the family was saved to the bin and move across neighbourhoods.

When I get to where I know the Axe should be, its not there. When I’ve got testingcheats and buydebug on you can clearly see the axe one the wall when ‘shift-clicking’ and selecting “build on this lot”. But it disappears as soon as I return to live mode.

I’ve tried deleting and then replacing the Axe, I’ve tried placing multiple Axes, I’ve even send the teen back to his home world, and then had his father come back with him, and put the axe in a chest for the teen to then retrieve. Nothing seems to work to complete the Quest.

I know that maybe I’m just being fussy, but I HATE leaving things half done and want to finish everything to completion.
Test Subject
#36 Old 23rd Sep 2023 at 8:31 PM
Super old thread I know, but I ran into the same problem today, went through the toomb (I have done this 20+ times before so I am 100% sure where it is supposed to be) no axe...
Went into "buy on this lot", Yup it's there, but vanishes when going into live mode.
So annoying.

Did anyone find a solution?
Page 2 of 2