Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#276 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 8:51 PM
Did this patch change the way the ponds/lakes work on your house lot? I tried putting some fish into the pond, like you were able to before. But it won't allow it. So I clicked the water and it gave me 2 options, fish/skip stone. I chose fish and they caught all sorts of fish out of the water without having to "add" those fish. I like that the ponds are more like the S2 version now, but I don't know when they changed it.
Advertisement
Scholar
#277 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psivampyr
Did this patch change the way the ponds/lakes work on your house lot? I tried putting some fish into the pond, like you were able to before. But it won't allow it. So I clicked the water and it gave me 2 options, fish/skip stone. I chose fish and they caught all sorts of fish out of the water without having to "add" those fish. I like that the ponds are more like the S2 version now, but I don't know when they changed it.

Could you see fish jumping around in the water?
Lab Assistant
#278 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 2:42 AM
So yeah. This is a thing.
Screenshots
Scholar
#279 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
Another question.....Let's talk about beach lot and swimming in the ocean.

Back in TS2, there was a seaside lot, a lot with the sea. Since TS3, there's no such thing, I'm curious about sims AI in the TS3 beach lot without the water, but close to the ocean. Does sims who went to the beach lot, smart enough to autonomously swim in the ocean like in TS2? Once they done swimming, does they smart enough to return to the beach lot? How about sims who live in the house at the seaside, close to the ocean?

I just hope it doesn't broken......When EA announced such thing, I was so worried.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...3&goto=lastpost
Theorist
#280 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 4:08 AM
Kind of odd with the townies swimming thing. When I was playing in Lucky Palms my sim went to the beach and went in for a swim. She had to run around the edge of the lot to enter the water. There were 3 other sims on the lot but they never joined her. Maybe I'm just unlucky, there's a picture in this thread of a simmer who has some townies swimming in her ocean at Sunset Valley and during sunset too: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/605098.page
Test Subject
#281 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 4:12 AM
I was experiencing a ton of stuttering lag with the new patch that made playing really annoying. Happy to report that installing the newly updated Overwatch sped things right up. yay! Thanks to Twallan for getting that out so fast!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#282 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 4:42 AM
Don't thank me yet. Those mods are still pretty unstable for some reason.

If it is working for you, then you are like myself : One of the chosen few who are not encountering issues.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Eminence Grise
#283 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 4:56 AM

You've always been able to fish without fish spawners. You just get fewer and less valuable fish.
Instructor
#284 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 5:57 AM
Oh, thank you Srikandi! I thought there had to be jumping fish for there to be fish "in" the water. It is weird that I cannot put fish into the water however. I used to do that with rare fish I found so I had plenty to farm if I needed to.
Lab Assistant
#285 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 10:37 AM
:O People are bringing food to my parties! Foooood to my paaarties! Now all we need is for some sims to bring a vase of flowers and others to bring that meat loaf/ fruit cake thing! I think there were also chocolate boxes on the original sims?

You must gather your party before venturing forth.
Field Researcher
#286 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 11:26 AM
Oh, thank you Srikandi! I thought there had to be jumping fish for there to be fish "in" the water. It is weird that I cannot put fish into the water however. I used to do that with rare fish I found so I had plenty to farm if I needed to.

Do you have enough of the kind of fish you want to stock with? You have to have 10 fish to Stock the pond.
Test Subject
#287 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 11:35 AM
I'm guessing this is a bug, but has anyone tried feeding the fairy damsel fish to an omni plant? The plant never grows them and just ends up in a permanent harvest state, with no fairy damsel fish appearing on the plant.
Mad Poster
#288 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Don't thank me yet. Those mods are still pretty unstable for some reason.

If it is working for you, then you are like myself : One of the chosen few who are not encountering issues.

i had the issue with master controller that someone mentioned to you, about the create a sim screen showing clothes and then disappearing. after i redownloaded it i got a game crash right after loading my household. i'd wait however long it takes to get things working and stable. and i really love and appreciate your mods. just thought you should know about these issues though.
Test Subject
#289 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 5:25 PM
So now we have a diving board. Can children also use it? Sorry if this has been asked somewhere already.
Lab Assistant
#290 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 6:39 PM
Has anyone tried going on vacation yet?
I tried to send my sim to France and hit a snag. :/
It loaded the vacation world but then as soon as he arrived, froze then crashed.
Has anyone else encountered this?
Mad Poster
#291 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vskihf
So now we have a diving board. Can children also use it? Sorry if this has been asked somewhere already.

It seems like children can use it - when my sims were at the pool, young Mortimer Goth did a belly flop off the diving board.
Mad Poster
#292 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cevanna
Has anyone tried going on vacation yet?
I tried to send my sim to France and hit a snag. :/
It loaded the vacation world but then as soon as he arrived, froze then crashed.
Has anyone else encountered this?

For a few patches now, I haven't been able to travel at all. I have to have Nraas Traveler mod in, or it simply won't work. (I tried today, and no...it would not work. Popped in the latest Traveler mod, and it worked.)

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Lab Assistant
#293 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
For a few patches now, I haven't been able to travel at all. I have to have Nraas Traveler mod in, or it simply won't work. (I tried today, and no...it would not work. Popped in the latest Traveler mod, and it worked.)

Ah, cool. I'll pop over and get the mod then.

Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#294 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 9:54 PM
About the fairy damsel fish and the omni plant, yep that has happened to me, ended up having to toss the plant.
Mad Poster
#295 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 12:24 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 3rd Nov 2012 at 12:37 AM.
The game feels this great need to stop and load perpetually when leave a lot in edit in game.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#296 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 12:33 AM
I can't switch households at all after installing SP...but the game runs so smoothly and I'm happy of this new patch!
Inventor
#297 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 1:49 AM
I have a question about the patch. If I patch and later want to "un-patch" in order to play a game with non-updated mods, do I have to uninstall and reinstall? I think I do but I'm not completely sure, so that's why I'm asking.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Instructor
#298 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
I have a question about the patch. If I patch and later want to "un-patch" in order to play a game with non-updated mods, do I have to uninstall and reinstall? I think I do but I'm not completely sure, so that's why I'm asking.

I may be wrong, but I'd think if you roll your computer back with the restore program, that would removed anything you'd installed. So, in theory, you wouldn't have to do a full uninstall/reinstall.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Inventor
#299 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelicScot
I may be wrong, but I'd think if you roll your computer back with the restore program, that would removed anything you'd installed. So, in theory, you wouldn't have to do a full uninstall/reinstall.

The Windows system restore program?!?! I don't touch that with a 39 1/2 foot pole! It always messes up my computer.

But anyway, thanks for the advice. I'm going to wait on patching until all the mods I use are updated.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Scholar
#300 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelicScot

I did that myself a few days ago to get away from this 1.42 patch and it worked very well. This is actually a great suggestion.
Page 12 of 14