Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 9:10 PM Last edited by Vibse : 24th Feb 2013 at 9:28 PM.
Default Enekjaer - a quaint Danish Island
Hello! I've been working on this world for a good while now. I figured I am far enough along in the process to start a feedback tread.I am hoping to eventually upload it on here, so it's gotta be good!

The name - among pretty much all other things, really - is subject to change.

The world is on a medium map, and so far, it hasaround 50 lots. I have all EPs installed except generations and showtime, and I will try to stuff all, or most, EP content in there somehow. It is meant to be able to run fairly smoothly on most computers.
There will be some custom content, like the rabbithole rugs and maybe some build items to get stuff to look the way i want (awesims cornices), and I am planing to do a few recolours for the world as well.

Overview:

More pictures:

Everything is still mostly unfinished, as you can see, but how am I doing so far?

First time posting something on here that's not asking for help. So I'm a bit excited!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 9:55 PM
Excellent start! Your terrain painting is very nice and I love the little shops/rowhouses! I really like small and medium worlds. My personal preference is no CC or a no CC version. You may get more downloads that way. You could use the "basement" rabbit hole method to avoid using the rugs. Didn't cornices come with one of the updates or expansion packs? I know that I have them and I'm pretty sure they are on my computer with just all EP through Pets. Of course, that's up to you. I can't tell from the overhead pictures but you do have all roads that dead end finished with an intersection at the end? Looking forward to seeing more!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 3:54 AM
Ok, I love this little island entirely too much. I was about to make a laundry list of this to make the town better until I stepped back and realized there was nothing wrong with it at all. It has a cute little charm to it. I love it!

For suggestions, maybe a lighthouse?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Retired
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 3:57 AM
This is intensely lovely. I look forward to seeing it develop.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 8:11 AM
I am very impressed with the houses i looked at them and immediatly found the danish feeling. It looks really great! It's feeling a little like Bornholm :D

I'm am very interested to how this is going to develop, and i'm definitely going to follow your progress. Keep up the good work :D.
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 9:18 AM
The island looks interesting,but very small
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 9:25 AM
It's beautiful-like an Aurora Skies that I actually want to play in!

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 2:08 PM
SimmyRN: Regarding the CC, do you think a lot of people would be opposed to it? Unless a lot of people disagree with its use, i think I'll keep it. So far its only the rugs and the cornices anyway. I could plop rabbit holes in the basements, but in many places i have many rabbit holes squished on one lot, and it would be hard for me to do that with the basement method. And i may switch to using the supernatural cornices, but Awesims' are so much more flexible and makes it easier to make buildings look "right". But i don't know. For the "homemade" CC i was just thinking on making a more easy-on-the-eyes plumbob flag, since its going to feature pretty heavily in my world and some Danish gold age style paintings of the world to use in the art gallery and a few places around town. You wouldn't have to download these, of course.
As for the roads, they all have an intersection at the end, it's hard to tell without the crossings though
Matrix 54: I'm going to put a lighthouse at the end of the road reading out on the little peninsula-thing!
Ingefaer: Your name sounds vaguely danish, are you? If so I guess I've got an expert opinion
I have defiantly had Bornholm in mind when sculpting
Nemiga: The small is on purpose, haha. I've been wanting a world that to play in myself. I am trying to cram a lot of stuff in there though, so hopefully it won't feel it.

In general! Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! It's really motivating me to finish this world!
A couple of questions:What are your opinion on the CC? Keep it or leave it? And, in CAW, when creating invisible sidewalks, is there a way to make them not still appear when zoomed out?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vibse
Ingefaer: Your name sounds vaguely danish, are you? If so I guess I've got an expert opinion
I have defiantly had Bornholm in mind when sculpting

In general! Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! It's really motivating me to finish this world!
A couple of questions:What are your opinion on the CC? Keep it or leave it? And, in CAW, when creating invisible sidewalks, is there a way to make them not still appear when zoomed out?

Indeed I am. However i'm not sure how much expert opinion it will be.. I'm terrible at architechtual designs... I just recognised the main street with the multicolored houses and the church (which by the way is spot on!)

Personally I'm not opposed to CC. But it depends whether you can be allowed by the creators (with links to their respective sites of course (credit, where credit's due)), to include it in the world, so you wouldn't have to go hunting for the CC. If i have to download a ton of CC on the side of downloading a world, I have to be completely in love with it if i shouldn't just move on...

I hope that's understandable (I think it got a little messy while I tried to explain)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 2:52 PM
As far as CC in your world - I think keeping it to a minimum is important, by which I mean use only those pieces which are essential to creating your vision. I think enough people use the rabbit-hole rugs that it would be okay to use those - sometimes a world just needs them.

Personally, I'm unlikely to download a world that requires me to track down a bunch of CC that might break with the next patch. But if a world is really awesome and requires just a few pieces of CC to work, then I'd be more likely to try it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 5:51 PM
I think i'll just stick to my original plan of just the cornices and rugs then

I've been working a bit on the terrain and messed around with building some. Not really enough to warrant pictures though. But I'll keep you updated once I have more done!
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 12:37 PM
I love this!!

How do you make the houses so close together? Did you just placed them on 1 lot?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 5:11 PM
Argievai: Thanks! Some of the houses are on the same lot, yes.

Anyway, update! Buildt a little farmhouse by the bridge(5 pictures):

And worked on the landscape some(4 pictures):

In some pictures you may be able to tell that I've painted the "distant terrain"! I'm keeping the islands pretty simple, as I'm probably going to add to them once island paradise comes out.

Feedback?
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 5:29 PM
Very nice

On other forums, my nickname is also Nair ;)
Field Researcher
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 2:20 PM
Oh, the farm house really looks Danish/South-Swedish :O
Instructor
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 2:31 PM
In the second picture, you can see that the crosswalks are way to bright, could you dim them so that they don't stand out so drastically? Other than that, I love this world.
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 6:17 PM
Just found this on my Tumblr. I love it! Can't wait for it to be done, it's so cute, I may move my legacy family there! Keep up the good work
Instructor
#18 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 6:38 PM
What a beautiful world! I love the overall shape so much--excellent sculpting. It all looks so wonderful and finely crafted. Good job!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 8:10 PM
Theis: Awesome that it's recognizable!
Monsoon: You're right. I'll see what i can do about making it less bright.
Mitsukirina: Yea, that tumbler-think makes me feel internet famous, hehe. Big thanks to Fakehousesrealawesome/Supertoast and everybody being nice on tumblr!
(Is this a good place to add that I managed to squeese a legacy lot on the world? 'Cause I did.)

I do have a few updates! I've been converting the world textures for use in-game. I also tweaked the dirt textures, made it darker and less saturated, and added a lot more of it around the world. I hope this looks okay.

I've also been building. I've got a festival lot on the beach and an equestrian center that I don't have pictures of yet, as i want to edit the surrounding in CAW a bit before showing. I've also done a little tweaking here and there on existing houses, and added some stuff to the beach lot.

Landscape(4 pictures):

And an unfurnished lot on a street i want to do similar to the one I showed earlier. I'm going to make the blue one livable. I wish I understood how the apartment system in University worked though.. It would be nice if you could live in all the houses!

Edit: I should probably add that the lighting is Let Them Eat Burnt Waffles' default Planetary Glow. It's pretty close to what I imagine the world's lighting to be like, so I'm using it as a placeholder for now, until I feel in the mood to learn how to do the INIs/ask nicely if I can borrow these for my world.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 3:14 PM
I am looking forward to seeing this develop, I have nothing to point out!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 9:26 PM
Small but delicious, I'm excited in how this will turn out =)

Still struggling with CAW :x
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 7:05 PM
Thanks everyone!

So, I'm leaving for Florence this weekend, so I will give you all a big update of what I have before I go!

Tons of builds (Many built earlier or unfurnised, i haven't been that busy!)

The town's pedestrian street got on update:

Church (graveyard is on another lot, so you can have weddings in it):

More townhouses:

Town hall/Military base/Police station/town Square that I haven't shown yet:

Horse center:
(I added a fishing spot in the fenced area in the hope that wild horses would hang out there)

Current overview of town area (crossings still aren't fixed as I have yet to update my CAW):
As you may be able to tell there's still a few lots i havn't shown. Ill get around sometime!

Whew. Anyway, I decided that I'm going to keep my random shots on my tumblr (here), so in case you want to see more that's where to go!
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 7:52 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!
That s amazing !!!
I have already madly in love with this world!!!
I hope it comes out soon!
Keep up the good work!
I like this style of houses and nature , and i wait this strongly!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 8:28 PM
This is just fab! So quaint and small I love it! Please continue this would be my new base world!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 1:03 PM
Need some quick opinions! Tumulus/no tumulus? Or should I remake it?

Also, for some reason all my landscape painting on lots keep disappearing when i save in EIG? Is this a common issue? any solutions?
Page 1 of 5