Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 7:12 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 12th Nov 2013 at 5:59 PM.
Default Useless Hotel maid while on vacation !! Edit : Solved, Thanks !
Absolute rubbish. Took out the "No townie regen" hack for a while to populate my Twikkii Island...and took Samantha Cordial on vacation to the Potterhouse Bungalows.
While she was there, she ordered room service a few times; and the maid (blue dress with apron and stands by the check in clerk) NEVER cleaned up anything !!!
Tons of flies swarming and she just stood by the bellhop and did nothing.
Cannot call for 'maid service' as that option is not available in hotels.

" Inama Nushif "
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
Absolute rubbish. Took out the "No townie regen" hack for a while to populate my Twikkii Island...and took Samantha Cordial on vacation to the Potterhouse Bungalows.
While she was there, she ordered room service a few times; and the maid (blue dress with apron and stands by the check in clerk) NEVER cleaned up anything !!!
Tons of flies swarming and she just stood by the bellhop and did nothing.
Cannot call for 'maid service' as that option is not available in hotels.

Yup, the hotel housekeepers are borked and EAxis never fixed them. Paladin (I think it was) did, though, so you'd be wise to grab his fix. Once that's in there, the maids work instead of standing around uselessly.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 7:47 PM
http://www.simwardrobe.com/

From there, go to the "Sims 2 'Fixes'" Page, then to "Bon Voyage Fixes", then to "Jump to the NPC & NPC Fixes" page, and then you can get fixes for both the Bellhop and the maid.
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 11:31 PM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 10th Nov 2013 at 2:41 AM.
There's only one thing I find unusual about the maids after installing Paladin's hacks. Why do the maids want to stand at the same spot that the Bellhop is standing at? It's as though every time the maids are finished cleaning stuff, the maids would try to shove the Bellhop off the spot behind the check-in desk. Are the hacks using the same coding as the Bellhop (minus some of the Bellhop's abilities, such as checking people in, delivering room service, etc.)?

EDIT: Figured out my problem with the maid here.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 12:32 AM
Thanks everyone for the help...seems to be working as far as the maid cleaning and filling in the holes dug by my sims for the treasure map.
Haven't need anything fixed in the hotel room yet, so the bellhop has nothing to do except room service so far.
BTW, I noticed that about where the maid wants to stand, d_dgjdhh ! Funny.

There is one last question.... at the time I purchased 'Bon Voyage', I didn't buy the 'Prima Guide' and just installed the exp. pack and jumped right in.
Today when my sim S.Cordial went to stay at Potterhouse Bungalows, (this is before Paladin's maid hack), she left with some dirty plates,flies, and some unfilled holes in the lawn. Later, after she returned home, I went out of B.C. and into the Twikkii vacation hood to manually clean it up. Well, I noticed above the P.Bungalows there was a spinning icon of a single bed. I clicked on P.B, and the game crashed. It's been a while since that happened and I think I know why , so that's not a problem ( placed TwoJeff's simblender on the Twikkii hotel and community lots for devious reasons --- wanted to rid myself of the spawned elderly and have only adults and teens in Twikkii. > I get my vacationing sim to buy a house lot and befriend the unwanted tourist ---then invite them over for the coup de'etat'. )
Just wondered why the bed icon over the hotel ---after my sim had left and gone home ?

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 4:40 AM
I hate it when the maid makes the bed and then stands there and won't move. You can't get into bed with her standing there and she'll stay there for days. DX
Field Researcher
#7 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 7:34 AM
That's odd--I have both of those hacks and the maid never tries to interfere with the bellhop's spot o0.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 10:04 AM
d_dgjdhh, do you have all the eps and sps that Joselle has? Or do you have other mods that may interfere?
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
Just wondered why the bed icon over the hotel ---after my sim had left and gone home ?

Was the icon lit-up or was it dark? It's been a while since I played a vacation spot with actual hotels (They lag fiercely on the underpowered machine I'm currently using, so I bulldozed them all and just use small vacation homes instead.), but I THINK by default they all have an icon over them, like apartment buildings do. If anyone is in residence at the hotel, the icon is lit up. If not, it's dark. That's how vacation homes are, too. If it's owned, there's suitcase icon over it. If it's currently occupied, it's lit up. If it's currently empty, it's dark.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 8:18 PM
And in hotels with a restaurant, the SERVER comes to clean up dishes! And even with the hack, sometimes no one makes bed or cleans.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 8:28 PM
Can't say I've ever noticed any issues with maids on vacation...they've always cleaned up for me...I think.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 8:54 PM
iCad; the icon was lit up...I'd gone into Twikkii to make some changes after my sim had returned home. Recently, I've bulldozed all hotels and am currently building my own.
Bought the B.V. pack for the outfits and voodoo doll, but never bothered to take my simmies on a real vacation until just a month ago, and I'm
having so much fun with this game !
I have everything installed that comes with sims2 except Holidays. It seemed like Holidays slowed down my game, but that was before upgrading the graphics card. My sims are on a pretty old Vista, but so far have been working fine.

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
#13 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aliceclaire
d_dgjdhh, do you have all the eps and sps that Joselle has? Or do you have other mods that may interfere?

I'll have to test that with AnyGameStarter. It seems like even with removing all custom content except for the hacks, the maids do the same thing. I have all EPs and SPs except for Holiday packs & Store Content.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
And in hotels with a restaurant, the SERVER comes to clean up dishes! And even with the hack, sometimes no one makes bed or cleans.

Yeah, that happens to me too, sometimes. The maids fix the beds, then stand there.

See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 10:40 PM
With the fix in place the maid should stand next to the bellhop but not interfere with what he's doing. The best way to make a hotel is to have a restaurant as well so there is a server who will also clean things up. Of course they may be out filling in holes when your sim is waiting for a meal.
The hotel icon should be dark when no sim is staying and lit up if a sim is staying there. If your hotel icon was lit and your sim wasn't there it sounds like the game had not registered her as having left which would be the cause of the crashing. Hotel lots can be buggy. I would use the hood checker.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#15 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 10:59 PM
The Bellhop can still perform his job of checking-in visitors. It's just that the maids want to stand the same place the Bellhop is positioned, behind his desk (rather than next to, or around the Bellhop). Why, I don't know.

Site Helper
#16 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
I'll have to test that with AnyGameStarter. It seems like even with removing all custom content except for the hacks, the maids do the same thing.
But... it's the hacks that are most likely to be causing the problem. Why would you remove all of the CC except for the hacks?
Scholar
#17 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 11:38 PM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 9th Nov 2013 at 11:50 PM.
To make sure it is just the hotel hacks and nothing else, as someone else alluded to other mods/hacks when placed in the same folder as the hotel hacks being potential to the problem.

I also want to see if the hotel hacks are permanent or temporary, to see if the same behavior stays on the lot after the hotel hacks are removed. But I want to check it out on AnyGameStarter first. Right now I'm busy downloading stuff, so I haven't fired up my game yet to see if it will occur. I expect that it's temporary until the hacks are removed.

I've done the testing with my regular game, but I've played the hotels with many hacks/mods in the download folder. I'm not sure if the behaviors will stay or if it's temporary (in the sense that if the hacks are removed, so will the fixes be removed).

EDIT: I also used Sims Hack Conflict Detector to make sure mods aren't conflicting in my regular game. Nothing reported.

Site Helper
#18 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 12:30 AM
Mods can conflict even if they don't contain the same BHAVs. The HCDU will only find duplicate BHAVs.
Scholar
#19 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 2:27 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 10th Nov 2013 at 2:51 AM.
Ah, didn't know HCDU had such limitations.

Hum, I think I figured out what the problem was.

Usually I'd use those 1-tile check-in desks. Then I would place counters on the sides of the desk to make it longer looking.

It appears that the maid wants to stand on the side of the desk object itself, rather than the Bellhop's idle position. However, because I was placing counters on the sides of the desk, the maid would always want to go in the same position as the Bellhop.

So...that's solved for me. Note that I didn't try it with the 3-tile check-in desk, so I can't comment on that yet.