Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 5:18 AM Last edited by FirstOfMay : 26th Jun 2012 at 5:30 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Rezoning lots--What am I doing wrong?
Hi. I'm new here and am hoping someone can help me. I absolutely LOVE the Belladonna Cove Public Library, and I tried to rezone it to make it a residential property after I found out how to do it in the help section of the game. But for some reason, when it changed to residential, nothing worked. I moved a family in and you couldn't see them when you played that lot. What am I doing wrong? If there isn't a fix for this, does anyone know if someone designed a residential lot using the library's design or anyone that could do it? I'm not a builder and I always mess up my homes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 1:04 PM
When it was rezoned, did the mailbox and trashcan appear? Often they don't.

If they didn't appear, there are replacements that you can find (I think they are here on the site) and add to the lot.

Or you can try zoning it back to commercial and then back to residential to see if the mailbox and trashcan spawn this time. That doesn't always work, but it might.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 1:15 PM
You rezoned a lot without a letter box. If you move a sim onto such a lot it will normally be unplayable and turn invisible. That was my experience a few years back when I first tried it. I have never heard of rezoning making a letter box and bin appear. You need to download a buyable letter box and a bin up to your EP level and place them before moving in your sims. Both objects are important for the lot. The letter box is vital for the lot to play properly but the bin I believe has something to do with the edges of the lot.
http://daydream.etowns.net/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#4 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 2:45 PM
You didn't do anything wrong. Long ago, I decided to build my own apartment lot. I started off of community lot. When I finished, I moved a family in, and the lot started off in Buy Mode - the Live Mode was unavailable - and also I've noticed that the community pay phone was still there, instead of the big apartment mailbox.

All you have to do is follow the link joandsarah77 gave you. Be sure to download the version of the mod which was built exactly for the Apartment Life expansion! (You'll just have to scroll down a little bit further.)

When you put it in your Downloads folder, go in the game and load the lot (without the family moved in it). Type in "moveObjects on" (without quotes) and grab the pay phone and delete it. Now search for the mailbox (it should be in your collections IIRC). Place it on the spot where the pay phone was and exit the lot. (Make sure you save.)

~DJ.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 6:55 PM Last edited by FirstOfMay : 6th Jul 2012 at 7:56 PM.
Thanks guys! I apologize for not answering sooner, but I never got any notices in e-mail that I had replies waiting and then we got really busy here, and I just forgot to check the site. I tried your suggestions just now and it worked! I'm very happy now! And now that I know what to do, I can rezone other lots.
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved