Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#8101 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 5:37 PM
Jessica's a Fortune Sim, so I figured she married right out of high school, swept away by dreams of a glamorous lifestyle, and hadn't really thought beyond the fun stage to where Armand might want to settle down and have a family. Given that Armand was willing to adopt, you might think they could have stayed married and adopted together, but I get the feeling Armand has a rather unpleasant nature - in my hood, the fire department has cut him off because he was extremely rude to a firefighter (an autonomous interaction). Her job choice is odd, and so is her living in a trailer, but if Armand cut her off with nothing and told his buddies not to hire her, it makes sense.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#8102 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I figured they met, fell in love, and married without discussing all the things they should have ahead of time. People do that, and not every rich person is set on passing it on.

I used to think that, but I recently read up on Jessica on the wikia and it notes that she doesn't have a memory of falling in love with him. So I coulda went with the simple golddigger story, but I also find it interesting that she thinks the break up is all about not wanting kids and that her bio doesn't mention the cheating at all, so I went with the 'arranged marriage' storyline this time around. In my mind, that way she can see herself as the victim. I also find it super interesting that Maxis didn't pick someone for her to have an affair with and used mystery sim instead. Why not make the affair with Geoff Rutherford, or make another sim who then died mysteriously after Jessica tried to run away with him?

In any case, my Jessica isn't too happy with her life right now. She tried to make it on her own for a bit but had a major bad luck streak with some burglaries and fires--at least two of each. One of the fires wiped out the kitchen and living room and she could not afford to replace her stuff, so, after learning that she was pregnant with the landlord's baby, she decided (Ok, I decided. Jessica was not convinced) to have the baby and marry him, thinking his high skills would get him a good job that could take care of her. They got married and moved to a cheaper apartment downtown, but her new husband refused to roll any want whatsoever for a job or to earn money (he's knowledge), so she's ended up being the breadwinner. She got pregnant again and thankfully one of her husband's friends offered him a job in the gamer career, but then she had triplets. And then he caught her cheating. She's trying to make up with him but he's not having it and I can't say I blame him. Now she's contemplating whether she should just leave and try to start over somewhere new or if she should stick it out a little longer.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
#8103 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 8:01 PM
Jessica's memories indicate that she got caught cheating by Armand and they broke up after. She also has no memory of actually falling in love with him. That, along with her personal biography, suggests that she was only interested in his money and living the good life, not so much building a family. Considering Armand himself is a Family sim, it seems more likely that she either lied to him on the subject of children and hoped to sway him over to the side of not having any later, or she hoped it would never become an issue if she put it off long enough. That she has skills ill-suited to her career doesn't surprise me. I have sims who went through Uni and did well in whatever Major they chose, only to decide after graduating they wanted a completely unrelated job .
Forum Resident
#8104 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Because if you want to put in hundreds of fruits and vegetables you have to click like a damn fool until your hand dies and falls off.

Even worse is when sims give them as gifts. Instead of just clicking the arrow to add, you have to individually click to select each fruit/veg, then click the arrow, then go back and select the next fruit.

I spent all weekend building an apartment lot to upload, and I'm decorating the last room in the last unit and then I can test it, but I think I have decision fatigue. I can't decide on a dining chair option and I'm completely stuck.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8105 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 4:33 AM
One way to give crops in bulk is to pack them in Simwardrobes crates and give the whole crate to the other sim. If you want to pass along all of them, the inventory vase is the way to go as it will do all crafted items at once.

Stocking the fridge though is still the hard way, by hand, one at a time.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#8106 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 5:54 AM
Yeah I use crates and the inventory vase. Very handy in a medieval hood where the farmers grow food for the entire hood. But like jo said, doesn't work for the fridge.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Inventor
#8107 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 8:33 AM Last edited by Sketching : 4th Jun 2019 at 8:36 PM. Reason: Spelling eludes me today. >.<
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Jessica's a Fortune Sim, so I figured she married right out of high school, swept away by dreams of a glamorous lifestyle, and hadn't really thought beyond the fun stage to where Armand might want to settle down and have a family. Given that Armand was willing to adopt, you might think they could have stayed married and adopted together, but I get the feeling Armand has a rather unpleasant nature - in my hood, the fire department has cut him off because he was extremely rude to a firefighter (an autonomous interaction). Her job choice is odd, and so is her living in a trailer, but if Armand cut her off with nothing and told his buddies not to hire her, it makes sense.

Ooh, I played her the same way too, and I had the same situation with Armand. Don't antagonize the police officer who just helped you out with a burglar, darn it! She even thanked and gave you money you don't need for assisting with the arrest. Because of it, I headcanoned him as being rich partially because he doesn't pay taxes for public emergency services.

Because if you want to put in hundreds of fruits and vegetables you have to click like a damn fool until your hand dies and falls off.

Ugh, it makes me wish there was Macrostatistics Macrostatic Macrotastic MACROTASTICS -> Put Everything in Fridge. Sometimes I forget about that and just place everything into the Fruitbowl of Awesomeness, then I remember that ah, bugger, that doesn't actually help with the fridge problem.
Top Secret Researcher
#8108 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Macrostatistics Macrostatic MACROTASTIC

macrotastics*

Theorist
#8109 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 10:05 PM
And apparently Social Townies don't have access to computers either because they're never available for chatting.

And I'm going to attempt to repair a neighborhood with corrupt memories. I was digging around cleaning a bunch of junk off my storage drive and found one I really would prefer going back to playing than pitching. The last time I attempted such a thing was a disaster. Let's see if this one goes any better.
Lab Assistant
#8110 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 7:22 PM
Not sure if this would be the right thread to post this question, but I thought that it is too vague to post on the WCIF forum,

Where can I find mods that actually add new gameplay features? The Global Mods -> Added Gameplay category would seem an obvious answer, but most of these mods (although they may be useful) only add things to already existing features. To give you an idea, a good example of what i mean would be Piqiwi's mods . I know Chris Hatch has some as well, like the one where you get to send kids to camps. Any ideas?

Again, sorry if this isn't the right thread to ask.
Theorist
#8111 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misaki Chan
Not sure if this would be the right thread to post this question, but I thought that it is too vague to post on the WCIF forum,

Where can I find mods that actually add new gameplay features? The Global Mods -> Added Gameplay category would seem an obvious answer, but most of these mods (although they may be useful) only add things to already existing features. To give you an idea, a good example of what i mean would be Piqiwi's mods . I know Chris Hatch has some as well, like the one where you get to send kids to camps. Any ideas?

Again, sorry if this isn't the right thread to ask.

There is a Random and Stupid Questions thread where we ask all manner of stuff. As for the actual mods I'm not very knowledgeable since I haven't tried any of them but Inge has her jail stuff at simlogical.com If you haven't already been there she probably has some other things you'd find interesting.
Lab Assistant
#8112 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
There is a Random and Stupid Questions thread where we ask all manner of stuff. As for the actual mods I'm not very knowledgeable since I haven't tried any of them but Inge has her jail stuff at simlogical.com If you haven't already been there she probably has some other things you'd find interesting.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. I'll just post the question there, hope no one will mind. As for Inge's stuff, thank you!
Inventor
#8113 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 10:17 PM
opened Bodyshop for the first time in months hoping to make some sims and was disappointed that the certain CC I need doesn't exist . I'm pretty good at sculpting faces to be a near replica of the original so maybe no one would notice .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#8114 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 4:58 AM
I will not over-clutter the public spaces in my university...
I will not...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#8115 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 5:23 AM
Keeping my Sims 2 downloads folder organized has stopped me from accidentally putting Sims 3 mods in there. I have my Sims 2 downloads folder sorted by creator (Cyjon, TwoJeffs, BO, etc) and what is (floors, walls, skintones, Multi PT mod). This afternoon I accidentally opened up my Sims 2 downloads when I wanted to put in a Sims 3 mod. I realized the the mod I wanted to put in didn't have a creator in the folder and realized it was the wrong one. I then put it in the correct folder.

I'm curious if anyone else that plays both has run into something like that.
Mad Poster
#8116 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 10:33 AM

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#8117 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 11:03 AM

@Pideli Doesn't the next item automatically get selected? You just need to click the arrow. What is annoying, and as you described, that "Give a Gif" is counter intuitive and imagine having to manage such items in a farmer household between a member or each. Had this experience and it was so irriating.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#8118 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 11:32 AM
How does mourning actually work, is it consistent in any way? I made my sim go to a cemetery and mourn for people he didn't know, and for some he would sigh sadly, while for others he'd just go "umm, no." I did find it quite funny, but it makes me wonder.
Top Secret Researcher
#8119 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
@Pideli Doesn't the next item automatically get selected? You just need to click the arrow. What is annoying, and as you described, that "Give a Gif" is counter intuitive and imagine having to manage such items in a farmer household between a member or each. Had this experience and it was so irriating.

Yeah you "just" need to click the arrow several hundreds, maybe a thousand times if you grow a lot.

Mad Poster
#8120 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 2:06 PM
How does mourning actually work, is it consistent in any way? I made my sim go to a cemetery and mourn for people he didn't know, and for some he would sigh sadly, while for others he'd just go "umm, no." I did find it quite funny, but it makes me wonder.

I'm sure that it's based on relationship for people the sim does know. I made my simcat mourn at two graves. One was a dog she was friends with and another was a cat she hated. She yowled sadly at the dog's grave, but stood there and hissed at the cat's grave (and I'm sure that they wouldn't put that much effort into pet reactions and not human sims').

I don't know how they do it for people the sim doesn't know though. Maybe you get a random response.
Lab Assistant
#8121 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 4:59 PM
I feel like the mail carriers deserve an outdoors outfit for winter. It must be freezing, walking around in shorts in a knee-high snow like that.
Theorist
#8122 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 6:39 PM
Why is it when I start to organize things to make it simpler does it always turn out more complicated? "Sort out your mods," says I. "Your memory is so bad you can't remember what you do and don't have," says I. "Sort them into expansion packs and things that make sense, like mods that are Fixes and mods that are just annoyance kickers, and so on," says I. On the plus side I have managed to find a few new ones that I'll replace some older things with, even found one single one that will replace about five, but also downloaded about 75% of Cyjon's stuff that I never had before and now I have more folders in there than ever!
Mad Poster
#8123 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 11:31 PM
I feel like the mail carriers deserve an outdoors outfit for winter. It must be freezing, walking around in shorts in a knee-high snow like that.

That's why I defaulted mine. I use these by Lemonlion.
http://lemonlionsims.blogspot.com/2...-more.html#more

These by Mooglesims would also work nicely.
https://mooglesims.livejournal.com/27975.html
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8124 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 11:38 PM
I wish I could default the mail career, but when I do the female one ends up with an invisible body so some other default of some other outfit is clashing. *sigh* I get tired of defaults, they are so much trouble. I get that for the female bus driver as well. One day I will figure out what it is.
This is the one that I like, a bit more traditional http://digitalperversion.net/garden...25700#msg725700

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#8125 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 12:12 AM

I missed this earlier but the other day I was thinking the exact same thing. Although sometimes it makes me think of a man we call shorts guy. It doesn't matter what season it is, year-round he wears shorts. In the summer he wears lightweight shirts and in the winter warmer shirts and a jacket. And he's worked at the grocery store a lot of times outside bringing in the carts for probably twenty years by now.

Anyway I'm going to try some of those default replacements and see if I find one I like. Thanks for the links!
Page 325 of 511