Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 6:30 PM
Default World Adventures: glitches occur beginning from day 2...
Hey there!

I've got a curious problem in relation to World Adventures.

Basically, I can start a vacation and for the first day, everything goes smoothly with no bugs to mention. However, beginning from midnight, the following glitches appear:

1) Sims reset/jump after completing social interaction. I've tried playing the vacation a few times, and it affects different Sims in the family at different times. Furthermore, they do not respond to resetsim.

2) Sims can't spar; they can complete the social initiation action, but their queue clears and they do not spar.

... and getting more bizarre,

3) Some Sims are removed from the family tree and not treated as relations to the other Sims; this has led to the deliciously incestuous incident of a brother flirting with his sister.

4) Of these Sims no longer treated as relations, their icon in their now-empty family tree is greyed out as if they were dead (!), despite them still being alive.

I'm not 100% sure what could be causing the problem. I'm not running any mods or using custom content. Something I did notice, however, is that one of my Sims is carrying around the urns of his dead parents (okay, slightly morbid >_>). Since the problems start at midnight, perhaps this could be connected?

I'm going to be away from my computer for a while so I can't test further, but do you guys have any suggestions for helping me find a solution, or at least identify what is at fault?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 4:38 AM
Sounds like many of the bugs/glitches from using the default EA Story Progression. Those issues have been around since the release of World Adventures. Your best bet is to use a substitute story progression such as Twallan's or Awesome Story from MATY.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 5:56 PM
Hey again!

I did what you suggested and downloaded StoryProgression (along with MasterController and Overwatch) from NRaas. Tried playing the vacation again, and there were no problems.

Thanks for helping me out!