Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 3:12 AM
nice job! im starting mine tonight
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 12:22 AM
Ok... mine went kind of badly...

I started with Glory:

Who had Forest

Who fathered Alexander

Who fathered Phillip

Who fathered Mari

And that's where it screwed up. She came out looking JUST like her mother.
But I went ahead to make sure it wasn't a fluke...
She had Tobias

So he looks good except the terrible purple hair.

So I still have something to dilute!

Fun so far!
Instructor
#153 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 4:42 PM
ahhh, it's been so long since I was here! I think I might continue on with Gurta's line now, since I kind of stopped playing after Devin was born. Actually, I might just go do that now. Thanks for the motivation everyone.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Instructor
#154 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 11:53 PM
Recap:
This is Gurta
This is her son, Devin

When we last left, things weren't looking too pretty for our heroine. Her only son, Devin was to be blessed with her natural good looks!

Devin's all grown up now. Here he is standing next to his mother.

Devin thought he was down and out, as the days rolled by without as much as a smile from anyone in Riverview. But one day, he was reading a book when a pretty woman named Betty sat next to him, and they hit it off ever since.

Betty was drawn in by his huge....chin....and it wasn't long before the pair married, and got down to business.

Betty gave birth to their daughter, Catherine. Here she is being held by her father.

As you can see, things are going well! Now if only we can do something about those eyes, and that skin...

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 1:07 AM
...and that hair.
Haha
But I likey
Instructor
#156 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 2:19 PM
I love this thread as it always gives me a laugh, but I swear TheLB. I scolled down and saw that sim and literally yelled an expletive. Good luck diluting that ugly!
Test Subject
#157 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kembial
I'd hate to put a downer on this challenge, but rather refine the base purpose of it. Under the stated rules, there is no "challenge" involved, if you take Sims 3 "genetics" into account. In reality, what has been proposed is a random coinflip of how long it will take to flush out your chosen unpleasant features.

For a simple, starting example, take a single feature. Like the nose. Create a Sim with a horrendous nose. Spawn that Nose Sim with ANY other Sim with a variably normal nose and you have a 55% (accused*) chance of ending up with a nose that is NOT horrible. And the remaining 45% will give you a CARBON COPY of the ugly nose (plus/minus any fat or muscle factors).

* Sims 3 genetics have been stated as a 50/50 copy and paste from one parent or the other (per feature) with a 10% chance of a complete random.

There is no blending in any SINGULAR feature. You get UGLY nose or standard nose. Nothing in between. Even EA random Sims couldn't bring in worse looking "genes" than the outstanding creatures you start out with. You could, *LITERALLY*, create SUPERUGLY in CAS and also create OMGBEAUTIFUL in CAS, and set them as married... and end up with the EXACT same general results. 2 gens, 7 gens, whatever. The end result is random.

For a real-time example I will pick 3 "features" and treat them the same as Sims 3 would. Let's consider Eyes, Nose, Ears. Variables are UGLY and NOTUGLY. (Let us assume, in creating a monster, anything within normal EA created variables is going to fall in the NOTUGLY category, and is going to be more stomachable than your best UGLY effort.) UGLY only gets a 45% chance to replicate, considering the 10% random result. For this simple simulation, I will assume a result of 45 or less to favor the base UGLY result.

So:

Founder:
Eyes: UGLY
Nose: UGLY
Ears: UGLY

spawns vs.

Random Sim:
Eyes: NOTUGLY
Nose: NOTUGLY
EARS: NOTUGLY

=

Eyes: (UGLY/NOTUGLY) = 83; NOTUGLY
Nose: (UGLY/NOTUGLY) = 64; NOTUGLY
Ears: (UGLY/NOTUGLY) = 6; UGLY

Which leaves a standard Sim with silly ears. Ears that have a 55% chance of disappearing forever with the next generation because there are NO recessive genes. With much more than 3 simplistic features, this can take some time of course. 2 gens is pretty lucky, 7 is the longest reported so far.

In the end, with the rules presented as they are CURRENTLY, this is not a challenge. Your Sims skills have NOTHING to do with a positive result. Only random chance will provide you with the WIN.

Please do not be offended by observation + logic. If you enjoy random results, you may enjoy this challenge. If you enjoy results based on your own ability and skill, this is not the challenge for you.

= From a sad creature who has spent an extremely sad amount of life producing random numbers in the past for things that have no value in the present nor future. Woot D&D!

yes, it IS just chance. BUT... it IS possible to get a mix. i made and elf family, the mom was light green, and the dad was darker. they had a baby and the baby was MIDDLE TONE.

also, the moms ears were out, but i forgot to do this to the dad. that middle tone baby had MIDDLE EXTENDED EARS.

when it grew up, i made a female elf to live next door. they married and had a baby. i just then ralized, the girl had a cute tiny nose and the boy had an average nose. the baby had a MIDDLE SIZED NOSE.

cool!
Test Subject
#158 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 5:40 PM
Default Is she ugly enough?
I've never joined in with a sims 3 challenge, so i hope that it is ok that i have ago with this certain challenge.

I've never created a ugly sim but finding this tread and seeing so many people show off their ugly sims inspired me to have a go.

This is Rose-Anna Verda -

Favourite colour:- Red..no surprises there
Favourite music: French
Favourite food: Dim sum

Oh and her traits are as followed- clumsy, coward, inappropriate, klepto and mooch!

She lives in Riverview- 345 Riverblossom hills drive..

I'll will upload screenshots of her child as soon as she as one
Test Subject
#159 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 9:11 PM
@lauralynn: Those lips almost killed me XD Hilarious!

@Rjiinx: Omg that was so funny! Your storytelling is the best! Poor Soymoy, he must think that he's adopted I so love the psychic look of Gigi... it's like she wants to say: "I'm coming to your house eating your panties."

Actually all of the ugly sims here are wonderful! I wonder what happens if they all move to a town together...

I couldn't resist to make one myself.

Meet Bobbitsch Plowers, the newest citizen of Sunset Valley.

His dad is a famous actor who never had time for him and his mom is a broccoli. He ate her when he was 3 and since he had to grow up all by himself he never learned proper manners.
Rich of vitamin C and provitamin A. Take a bite, he'll like it

He tries really hard to find a girl but being inappropriate isn't that helpful.

I'll post some more pics when he finally made it, lol.
Test Subject
#160 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 6:49 PM Last edited by doublethinker : 22nd Mar 2010 at 6:26 PM. Reason: More pictures!

Here is Beefy Sapphire. Traits: Flirty, Insane, Family Oriented, Hopeless Romantic, Easily Impressed.

LTW: Surrounded by Family.

Beefy was born to Handsome Sapphire and Ugliette McHorrifying. When she turned 18, she moved by her self to Riverview to find a husband and have some children.

I'm doing a slightly different sort of legacy in that the house isn't custom but rather premade, and if it's too small they move house.

And here's Beefy and her boyfriend Hunter Cottoneye getting married. Someone on this thread had the idea of marrying the first single sim that you come across, which I liked, so that's what I'm doing.

First child! This is baby Sequoia Sapphire. So far, things aren't looking too good for her.

Sequoia as a child. I swear, she's a carbon copy of her mother!

Twins! Here's Newton. I don't know why he has such long hair.

And here's Wright! The ugly gene hasn't been diluted yet, clearly.
Mad Poster
#161 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 2:01 PM
this is my "ugly" sim:

i've never really been one to judge, so i can't tell what kind of "ugly" (appearance wise) you're looking for with this challenge..

anyway.. i decided to make her mate leighton sekemoto (not sure of his exact name, it was something like that)

he moved into her trailer with his son (now a child) and she has just given birth to leightons kid in my game.

Lab Assistant
#162 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 6:28 PM
Okay so heres my ugly sim, and i don't think shes THAT ugly, oh well -

she then met Teddy and fell in love -

they got married and before long she got pregnant -

-

meet Dora, sadly shes not red -

then Dora as a toddler, she got the big nose and those eyes -

Test Subject
#163 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 3:36 PM
This seems like a good idea. Im currently doing a regular legency. I have a horrible time trying to find a mate. I will post pictures soon (:
Have fun simming :P
Test Subject
#164 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by masterforger
Meet Sicilia. She's a genie! She comes from a long line of genies, who find it gravely important to have "pure" genie blood. Unfortunately, this has led to a great deal of inbreeding, and a family history of morbid obesity, since genies really do not get out much by their very nature.

Sicilia has always been the rebel of the family, though, and a downright non-conformist, even in the clothes she wears. In her bottled state, she was purchased by a rich, snobby widow named Liana Stillbrook, who kept her in the private library of her estate as a collector's item, occasionally calling upon her for the odd beautification or...richification wish. That is, until she was stolen by a kleptomaniac maid named Grady Elfman, who had been cleaning Liana Stillbrook's house when that mysterious sparkling bottle caught his eye.

He took her to his apartment, and popped open the cork. To his great surprise, Sicilia appeared! She gave him the usual "your wish is my command" spiel, and although her wishes were unlimited (none of this three wishes only crap for pure-blood genies!) Her beauty captivated him, and he said he only wanted three things anyway.

"First, I want a new house, instead of this lame apartment. I want it to be simple, and easy to maintain. I don't want anything fancy...just a quaint little home in Sunset Valley."

With a wave of her hands, Sicilia transported him to the Monotone house he'd often passed on the way to Mrs. Stillbrook's! To his amazement, he noticed a piece of paper in his hand. It was the deed to the new house! She still waited before him, anticipating his next wish.

When he had gathered his bearings, he managed to speak his next wish. "Next, I'd like to deviate from my normal routine a little. It's always clean, clean, clean, steal, steal, steal, day after day. It's enough to drive me crazy. Do you think you could manage me a surprise for once?"

"As you wish," Sicilia said mysteriously, baffled at his unusual and unspecific request. She waved her hands and a meteor hit his new house. Sicilia was never good at these kinds of "surprise me!" wishes, unlucky loser as she was.

"Not quite what I expected," said the charred Grady Elfman, "but all right, I guess I can get some nice space rocks out of it." He felt truly disgusted by his surroundings, but the radiant being before him made it all worthwhile.

"Lastly, I wish you were free," said the maid, and lo and behold, Sicilia found herself standing solidly on the ground, no longer trailing ethereally from the bottle! She gave a shout of joy!

"But...now that you're free, I have one last wish. Of course, now, you're not bound to it at all, so you can go ahead and walk away if you don't feel comfortable with it. Sicilia, will you marry me?"

How could she say no to the beautiful man who had freed her so selflessly from her glass prison? "Yes, yes, yes, my Grady!" And she melted him with kisses.

Sicilia knew this would be a great opportunity for her. She always wanted children, but she didn't believe in her parents' insistence that the genie lines must be kept pure. No, it was time for genie geneology to branch out, and even if it meant losing their ability to grant wishes, it was more of a curse than a gift, anyway. And, best of all, maybe one day all the signs of inbreeding and tendency toward obesity would disappear! As Sicilia faintly heard the twinkling of a sweet lullaby in her ear after the first wonderful evening with her new husband came to a close, she knew she was making the right decision for her future children.

thats the uglyiest ass sim ive ever seen lol. You should upload her to the exchange or something lol
Space Pony
#165 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 7:43 PM
Something strange I've noticed about genes in Sims 3 (least concerning coloration) is that there does not seem to be a set rule for dominant vs recessive alleles.

It started with my sim Nequa Fugly. She got together with Gobias Koffi and bore him 5 daughters.

Aukik was the prettiest of the five.

She got together with a blond teenager in a theatre and got pregnant with Gyi.

Now somehow Nequa's violet eyes skipped Aukik but returned in Gyi's eyes. Gyi's hair color also match his maternal grandfather Gobias' hair.

Of Nequa's five daughters, 3 had brown hair (including Aukik) one had Nequa's hair and one had Gobias' hair coloring. I'm not quiet sure where the brown hair came from. My best idea is that it was Nequa's "recessive" hair color (it was the color of her hair before I played with it).

Looks like I'm done with this by the grandchild though we will see if Gyi gets any maternal traits when he gets older.
Test Subject
#166 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 1:56 AM
This is Belle Eder.

Close up!

Side view. Isn't that a lovely nose?

Test Subject
#167 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 3:51 AM
Gotta love that nose ^
Test Subject
#168 Old 9th May 2010 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JoslynLehane
Ok... mine went kind of badly...

I started with Glory:

Who had Forest

Who fathered Alexander

Who fathered Phillip

Who fathered Mari

And that's where it screwed up. She came out looking JUST like her mother.
But I went ahead to make sure it wasn't a fluke...
She had Tobias

So he looks good except the terrible purple hair.

So I still have something to dilute!

Fun so far!
Glory reminds my of Misa Misa from deathnote... uglier of course but she has that same sort of look. And Alexander looks like P.J from The Goofy Movie.
Test Subject
#169 Old 10th May 2010 at 6:27 PM
Love it. One question, is it cheating to use lifetime happiness to make them skinny minnies? Or just treadmills or such? Thanks. Ill post pictures soon.
Field Researcher
#170 Old 29th May 2010 at 9:24 PM
My second run of this challenge, just because it's so much fun. Though I'm much lazier with pictures this time around, and it's taken only 5 generations to dilute the ugly. Click for larger view. Here we have the family founder, Zeppo Skug: Followed by his spawn in order, Zeke, Zayanne, Zinea, and Zachary:And his Great-Great-Great Grandaughter, Zelda:

Most people learn by observation, and there are the few who learn by experimentation. And then there are those who actually TOUCH the fire to see if it's really hot.
Instructor
#171 Old 30th May 2010 at 12:26 AM
I'm noticing there are some features that are common to the fugs. Large, potato of a nose, monobrows, eyes drooping at the corners, and huge radar dish ears seem to be people's choices often.
Test Subject
#172 Old 31st May 2010 at 9:54 PM Last edited by ZsanineRae : 31st May 2010 at 10:08 PM.
Okay so I decided to try this out after seeing everyone elses...
Meet Icilla Cicle:

She was taken from her parents when she was three, after spending months in the hospital due to some serious hypothermia (hence the blue skin). Her traits are Flirty, Great Kisser, Hopeless Romantic, Evil and Coward.

Here are some shots of what Icilla looks like and what she's gotten into recently.

Yes, she is very flat chested (half the clothes didn't look right on her because of it!)

I think his name is Hal something or another....anyway, that is the sim that she has chosen to get a baby off of. (And I'm not sure where the water came from either...lol)

AND ofcourse I pick the townie sim with commitment issues, so he likes to woohoo with Icilla, but freaks out anytime she proposes they go steady, jerk. It's because she's blue, I know it.

EDIT:
Oh go figure, I moved my laptop from the living room into the bedroom so I can watch Indiana Jones while I play the sims and my game closes, doesn't save ANYTHING. I should have just stayed in the living room and watched the other half play Forza while I played my sims....now I gotta start all over.
Test Subject
#173 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 9:16 AM Last edited by FangFreak44 : 28th Jun 2010 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Adding something else...
I'm reading a Sims 2 story on this... can't wait to try it out!

Okay, your wait is almost up! I'm creating the sim as soon as my game loads!

I'm a ninja; you can't see me!
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 10:41 PM
I think an extra challenge is doing this in Twinbrook. It's hard to find a non-ugly sim to reproduce with!
Instructor
#175 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 12:22 AM
I'm Horrified, Petrified, Disturbed, and Disgusted! Well Done! I will be trying this out as soon as I finish making a family i'v been working on for a week.
Page 7 of 16