Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 7:47 PM
Installing clothing .packages?
I have looked all over the tutorials but they aren't working at all! I have wanted to install some cc recently, and never have before. I have done it from sims 2 so I have winrar. I also installed 7zip(or was it zip7?). I extract the files from my desktop, delete the files from before(compressed files) then move the new files to my sims 3 downloads folder. But they don't appear in my launcher so they aren't in the game...The file with the extracted content looks like a small piece of paper. They aren't mods, so I don't know why it told me to do that. They are .package files. I even did the mods then packages thing but it didn't work....Getting really upset. Anyone? Please help!!!

-jelloeggboy
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 7:52 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files

Depending on wich game version you have(or EP's) you need to place those files into your packages folder
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 7:54 PM
Unfortunately, I have looked all over the tutorials, I am constantly linked to that one. It's not working for me. Why not???
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 8:36 PM
You shouldn't be putting .package files in Downloads, as you said in your post.

Try it one more time - it's really not difficult, if you follow along carefully, read very carefully (out loud if it helps) and look at the pictures.

If you continue to have issues once trying it again, please post in the Help forums. We will need screenshots of:

My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\
My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Packages\

Also open your resource.cfg file in Notepad and copy-paste the contents into a post.

Also, only try the suggested test files - don't try other things just yet.

Locking as this is not a creation related question.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Referred to Help