Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 8:40 AM
Default frankensim mesh
so I'm trying to make a frankensim mesh. I'm trying to add gloves to a nude mesh. Everything looks great in milkshape and CTU but when I load it up in game the glove portion freaks out when ever I change the fat/thin/fit slider. I've read a lot of tutorials and I can't get this right. First time I tried it the gloves worked fine but the belly didn't move, now its the other way around. The body is fine it's just the glove add on that morphs weird, which I read happens if done wrong. I'm at wits end here, I've been doing this all day!!! FYI I'm using a bra mesh and the gloves from the super villian mesh....could the issue be that I'm using a top with a body? I just thought of that?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 4:15 PM
You added the cloves to the base mesh but you need to also do this with the fat/fit and thin(and pregnant?) state.
With those morphs you need to build new Bgeo(slider)files with BMM.
Unfortunate you can not frenkenstein the morphs so you need to build new morphs from your excisting mesh and then make BGEO files with it.

I h8 to admit it() but using TSRW gives you a few more options on frenkensteining and i recommend using it(especially when your a beginner)
Ill try to write a tutorial asap
Is it ok to use the gloves as example?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 5:23 PM
thanks, this meshing thing was a lot easier when I was making objects! Yesterday I was using CTU and the wes geom thing, today I'll try with tsrw and do the two group body mesh as a top only. I really hope I get this cause I want Power Rangers!!!! And yea a tut would be awesome, the only ones I was able to find where for Child meshes or accessories, nothing for adult meshes.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 6:48 PM
yes, you really should clone a fullbodyoutfit with 2 meshgroups and set it to top.
import both the gloves mesh and your fav top into milkshape(10 meshes total)
cut of the body on the gloves mesh and cut of the hands on the other one(and all the morphs ofcourse)

If there is a gap then close it by snappin the verts, but never regroup them.(check the boneassignements on the seam or use wes his merge tools.)
save as ms3d, delete one set of meshes and export.
open ms3d file and delete the other set and export.(or use step backwards keys )
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 8:12 PM
again thanks, that's exactly what I did and it worked! Awesome!
Banned
#6 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Base1980
I h8 to admit it() but using TSRW gives you a few more options on frenkensteining and i recommend using it(especially when your a beginner)

Except that TSR Workshop is still really buggy. They have not fixed the problems with the morph meshes, and it looks like they may have added a few new ones. I exported the strapless swimsuit. The fat morph had two fewer vertices than the base morph, meaning that it will not reimport back into the program and any work you do in Milkshape will be lost. I have not looked at other meshes, but I suspect the same problems persist. (I have not had problems with the strapless swimsuit before.)

After extracting a mesh from TSR Workshop, it behooves one to immediatel look at the extracted mesh in Milkshape. Use the model information tool to see how many vertices are in each morph. If you do not have the same number in each morph, you probably will have problems reimporting the mesh.

This has been a problem they have been aware of for a while. (Base 1980 even discussed it on their forums.) I am actually surprised that they released version 2.0 without fixing this bug.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tjstreak
Except that TSR Workshop is still really buggy.

Do you also have something new to tell?

It's getting freakin' annoying because you are absolutely NOT contributing to any bug solving at all. Most beta testers which write actively detailed bug reports to the programmers are object creators. It's very hard for us (object creators) to understand a CAS related bugs and make an appropriate report.

If you're that dissatisfied with the freely available tools, make your own.

Minisite

TSR Workshop
A Custom Content Tool for The Sims 3
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:51 AM Last edited by Base1980 : 16th Jul 2010 at 2:58 AM.
Except that TSR Workshop is still really buggy. They have not fixed the problems with the morph meshes, and it looks like they may have added a few new ones. I exported the strapless swimsuit. The fat morph had two fewer vertices than the base morph, meaning that it will not reimport back into the program and any work you do in Milkshape will be lost. I have not looked at other meshes, but I suspect the same problems persist. (I have not had problems with the strapless swimsuit before.)

After extracting a mesh from TSR Workshop, it behooves one to immediatel look at the extracted mesh in Milkshape. Use the model information tool to see how many vertices are in each morph. If you do not have the same number in each morph, you probably will have problems reimporting the mesh.

This has been a problem they have been aware of for a while. (Base 1980 even discussed it on their forums.) I am actually surprised that they released version 2.0 without fixing this bug.

They DID fix the morph issues as far as i know.(meaning the wrong morphs were exported with the base mesh or watever it was.)
I have no problems anymore with 2.0

The mismatch on vertices between the basegroup and the morphs comes with alot GEOM files but thats not a TSRW bug!
Wes warned me a year ago for it already and its the reason he has set his exporter not to export frenkensteined morphs, its asking for trouble.
The WSO exporter does let you export them out of Milkshape but you will see the results ingame(i showed you in the other frenkenstein thread)

Sometimes you get lucky in TSRW when morphs kinda match but most of the times you will see errors.
But has nothing to do with TSRW.
The best way to frenkenstein morphs is like i described earlier.

Edit,
I tested the afbodystrapless swimsuit and it worked for me.
Did you try to import a earlier exported mesh(wich was exported with a previous version of TSRW?)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 2:33 AM
well I just did as you said and it worked like a charm for me.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=412114
Banned
#10 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Base1980
I tested the afbodystrapless swimsuit and it worked for me.
Did you try to import a earlier exported mesh(wich was exported with a previous version of TSRW?)

What I did was pretty straightforward. I opened TSR Workshop, opened the strapless swimsuit. Exported the LOD1 mesh. Imported the Mesh into workshop. Looked at model information and got the following results under meshes: 2326 for the base, thin and special morphs, and 2324 for the fat and fit morphs.

Quote: Originally posted by Tesko
It's getting freakin' annoying because you are absolutely NOT contributing to any bug solving at all

Isn't this a major problem with TSR: You get annoyed with your customers rather than trying to help them? It's a heck of a way to run a business! In fact, both the tone and content of your post is typical what one can expect from the so called customer service at TSR.

I have no obligation to beta test the products being offered by a commercial site. And as far as not using it, I have little choice if the product you are offering is defective.

Oh yes! And please don't have one of your fanboys hack into my accounts again!
Sockpuppet
#11 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:29 PM
What I did was pretty straightforward. I opened TSR Workshop, opened the strapless swimsuit. Exported the LOD1 mesh. Imported the Mesh into workshop. Looked at model information and got the following results under meshes: 2326 for the base, thin and special morphs, and 2324 for the fat and fit morphs.

This is how GEOM's are made, you will see the same results when using CTU/s3PE or Postal and Wes his Milkshape plugins.

It is possible TSRW had a vertice check in its previous version, causing the error.
But again, its prolly how EA has build the files and there is nothing we can do about it.

Plz, keep it nice