Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 6:17 AM
Default Sims3 Medieval Collectors Edition/Limited edition
I am sorry if this has been asked before but what is the difference between the collectors edition and limited edition? And which is better to get? I have preordered both as I was told at ebgames that the collectors was better but they had none available to pre-order so I order the limited edition. They told me to try online which I did and pre-ordered the collectors edition from another site. So I will end up with 2. I can cancel the ebgames pre-order.

You can upload my creations with your sim or lot or neighbourhood but only to free sites, not the exchange and no paysites. You can credit too if you wish. If a creation I have created has custom content from another artist please ask them for permission first to upload with your neighbourhood.
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 11:46 AM
The difference between the editions is purely in the price tag and the level of prostate stimulation you receive.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 12:29 PM
From what I have read, the limited edition includes a couple of in-game bonuses, whereas the collector's edition includes said bonuses, and quite a bit of collectibles, such as a sketch and art booklet, a map of the kingdom, a seal in the shape of a plumbob, and a soundtrack CD. Will see if I can find the site again.

ETA: Here we go: Sims Medieval Collector's Edition.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 1:51 PM
Thank you.

You can upload my creations with your sim or lot or neighbourhood but only to free sites, not the exchange and no paysites. You can credit too if you wish. If a creation I have created has custom content from another artist please ask them for permission first to upload with your neighbourhood.
Banned
#5 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 2:24 PM
Nothing that you couldn't get from a street corner shop (usually crap like concept art, a mouse pad etc...), only Collector's Edition that actually added something in the game is umm... got me there.

GTA IV has some sweet stuff tho, I just wish that Glock was real...
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 5:32 PM
Just a note -- The collector's edition appears to be only available at GAME, a UK merchant. :P
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 9:52 PM
Yay just ordered it! :]
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 10:21 AM
Thanks everyone for replying. So as I understand the collectors has everything that the limited has but more. I might keep both. I have a laptop so i might put one on there

Inventor
#9 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 11:22 AM
Collectors Editions seems to be available in all of Europe. I can get it here in Switzerland as well and they will have it exclusively in on Store in Germany.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 11:39 AM Last edited by scampy1 : 20th Mar 2011 at 3:14 AM.
I was able to order it online through Game Australia

Just found this which tell the difference between the two
http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/i...?topic=2674.110

Banned
#11 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 12:02 AM
more outfits so that's why i am buying the collectors or limited
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 10:06 AM
Game just sent me an email to say that EA didn't send them the collectors edition in time so they are sending me the limited edition instead but when they receive the Collectors edition they will send me that one. So I get the Limited edition free!! So I will have 2 copies of the limited edition!!!

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scampy1
Game just sent me an email to say that EA didn't send them the collectors edition in time so they are sending me the limited edition instead but when they receive the Collectors edition they will send me that one. So I get the Limited edition free!! So I will have 2 copies of the limited edition!!!

OMG you too? I pre-ordered the collectors edition on Monday, and GAME emailed me today saying the same thing :D

Well how cool is that ^_^

Did they give you an estimation on when EA would send it out to GAME and when they would send it to you?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 11:39 PM Last edited by scampy1 : 25th Mar 2011 at 10:53 AM.
no they didn't. my friend will get a free copy if she hasn't per-ordered it!!

I emailed them this morning and they told me about 2 weeks but that is just an estimate that EA gave them