Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

An Improved Thicker Transparent Wall

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 4,795 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 365,102 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 12th Nov 2009 at 7:44 PM
Updated: 21st Jul 2012 at 12:03 AM - Fixed version of the set added !
New version of the set, tested for patch 1.33 and fixed with Granthes fix for pets !!
A huge thank you to Volvenom and Corpntr for fixing the set in my place, since I've been mostly absentee for the past year (and more).
Unfortunately, the diagonal are still borked, but there seem to be no fix for that.
You'll find the whole fixed set in it's own zip file, it is named "TransparentSetFixed".
Enjoy and once again a big THANKS to Volvenom and Corpntr !!

Here is the upgraded version of my full wall transparent window, straight and diagonal.
Note that:
- it is not seamless on purpose. I am working on a seamless version.
- This version will NOT overwrite my previous version of a Thicker Transparent Window. If you decide to use this one over the other, just delete the old one.
- If you wish to be alerted to eventual upgrades to this new version, please subscribe to this thread.

It features :
- The best luminosity a window can bring (it's cloned on the most luminous one-tile window in the game).
- A new and improved mesh (better reflections on the sides of the window pane).

Added to the set are 3 full wall transparent doors (warning : they do not look good on diagonal walls due to the difference in size) :
- One with transparent handle (a simple conversion from the full wall door in the game)
- One with no handle whatsoever, essentially similar to the glass window.
- One similar to the precedent, but with a round glass inset to indicate where the door is.

Plus a thin glass column I made as an experiment. I have no real use for it at the moment, but I'm including it.

All items cost 10 simoleons and are located in their respective categories.

One last thing : making glass objects and making a glass FLOOR tile are very VERY different matters. A glass floor is NOT possible at the moment, so please, do not request one. Once someone finds out a way of making them, I'm pretty sure they will be offered for download asap.

Have fun ! ^^

Polygon Counts:
Window straight and diagonal : vertices : 528 /triangles : 572
door with handle and no-handle : vertices : 306 /triangles : 344
door b : vertices : 146 /triangles : 88
column : vertices : 104 /triangles : 74

Additional Credits:
Peter and Inge Jones, Wes Howe for giving us the tools, and everybody at the Create MTS forum.