Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Updated* A Whole New Dimension: OMSPs Revisited and Improved!

by SilentLucidity Posted 13th Feb 2009 at 2:12 PM - Updated 14th May 2009 at 6:26 PM by SilentLucidity : revisions, spelling

270 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 237 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 11
Test Subject
#176 Old 4th May 2009 at 12:39 AM
Bravo! Great job, thanks

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
Test Subject
#177 Old 4th May 2009 at 4:40 AM
This is ingenious! How creative and inventive! Grats!
Test Subject
#178 Old 5th May 2009 at 5:19 PM

These are so incredible!

My brain has gone into overdrive.

I think that this is the sort of thing that will give me the patience to let other folks beta-test, I mean buy, Sims 3 for a few weeks longer.
Test Subject
#179 Old 7th May 2009 at 9:04 PM
This is beyond awesome TY so much !3

I LOVE PARMAORE AND TWILIGHT
(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#180 Old 9th May 2009 at 2:17 AM
Hey wow this item looks so cool!...
id love to try it but i have one question..
does this allow sims to be able to be put in different areas...
i mean if im wanting a sim to do a specific pose and i want to apply them on a bed would it work?
just curious...
Test Subject
#181 Old 9th May 2009 at 5:43 AM
umm... weird... but cool!
Test Subject
#182 Old 9th May 2009 at 5:45 AM
Hey!!! Thnx <3 i love it! my sim game is even cooloer with your ideas!!
Happy teacher appreciation week! LOL
Forum Resident
#183 Old 9th May 2009 at 1:41 PM
You know you're totally awesome, right? You just made the Sims A LOT more versatile. This is just a whole new dimension of decorating and creating!! Thank you SO SO much.
Test Subject
#184 Old 11th May 2009 at 8:48 PM
Τhank you a lot!
Test Subject
#185 Old 11th May 2009 at 8:48 PM
THIS IS CRAZY GOOD but i dont no how to make objects diangleed
Lab Assistant
#186 Old 12th May 2009 at 4:33 AM Last edited by TigerSoundNet : 13th May 2009 at 2:33 AM.
Thank you very much, SilentLucidity, for your very detailed OMSP work and for Collection Files with its excellent organizational work!

Within ...\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Collections\ your AngledOMSPsCommColl and AngledOMSPsResColl packages are doing an excellent job, there!

And I was not quite certain about posing a sitting sim, on a chair. . .
So, with the "move objects" cheat "on", I simply told a sim to sit on a chair, paused the game with Buy Mode and moved that sitting sim to your baseGame OMSP piece. Then I simply placed the chair under the sim (or move the OMSP, with the sim, to the chair) and BINGO, a posed "sitting" sim that I can sit, anywhere!

(Btw, folks, that sitting and somewhat "trapped" sim will need some Needs satisfied. But with the ME_MultiPainting.package, I can keep them rather content for quite awhile.)

... Jim ...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#187 Old 12th May 2009 at 6:40 AM
Thank you all for your nice words. It really means a lot to me.

JonasBrothers12, you can put these blocks practically anywhere, and you can put your posed sims on these blocks and put them practically anywhere, too. If you want your sim to appear to be on a bed you would just use a shifting block, shifted to bed height, or put the sim on the black base game block and put that block on a bed height OMSP.

zanapo, I'm not sure what you mean by 'diangleed'...

TigerSoundNet, I'm very glad the collections are working for you. Sitting sims can be a bit tricky the first time you mess with them, but it sounds like you've got it figured out pretty well.
Test Subject
#188 Old 12th May 2009 at 4:08 PM
AMAZING! Thank you soo much! This gonna make my interior's look AWESOME! :D
Again, thank you thank you thank you thaaank youuuuuuuuuu! ^^

//danieeel31
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 13th May 2009 at 2:38 AM Last edited by TigerSoundNet : 13th May 2009 at 3:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SilentLucidity
Thank you all for your nice words. It really means a lot to me.

TigerSoundNet, I'm very glad the collections are working for you. Sitting sims can be a bit tricky the first time you mess with them, but it sounds like you've got it figured out pretty well.

SL, there could be an entire "special world of OMSP treats" within your very fine work? (Like, I wonder if a Sims ghost would mind being OMSP posed, permanently?)

THANKs for the FUN!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#190 Old 13th May 2009 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TigerSoundNet
(Like, I wonder if a Sims ghost would mind being OMSP posed, permanently?)

I had never even thought about how these might work with ghost sims. It would be so cool if ghosts were confined to the OMSP they were placed on. Have you tried it? I think I shall test this today. First I need a ghost, though. One of the townies has got to go... :P
Lab Assistant
#191 Old 14th May 2009 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentLucidity
I had never even thought about how these might work with ghost sims. It would be so cool if ghosts were confined to the OMSP they were placed on. Have you tried it? I think I shall test this today. First I need a ghost, though. One of the townies has got to go... :P

It seems to work but I'm too new to Sims2, OMSP and to Ghosts.

They get trapped and do their ghostly yells and tumbles.
But they don't seem to want to fly, anymore?

... Jim ...
Instructor
#192 Old 14th May 2009 at 2:56 PM
I want this, but it is so confusion of what file i shall download.
I have the following games installed:
Original
University
Pets
Free time
Season

Unauthorized incoming post!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#193 Old 14th May 2009 at 6:35 PM
morten8035, it depends on whether you want the blocks to show up in the Buy Mode catalog (they take up a lot of space), or if you just want them to show up in the Collections folder

If you want them in the Buy Mode catalog the files you want are the ones with 'base game' in the name:

Base Game OMSPs.rar

ExtraAngles-BaseGame.rar

Special Slots-BaseGame.rar

BaseGame_Collection_Files.rar

If you want them to only show in the Collections folder the files you want are:

OMSPs_In_CollectionONLY.rar

BaseGame_Collection_Files.rar

"OMSPs_In_CollectionONLY" contains all the blocks, so after downloading you would delete all the folders from it with 'AL' in the name, because they won't work in your game set-up.
Instructor
#194 Old 14th May 2009 at 9:03 PM
OK. I deleted 3 folder with AL. And will see what my game says about it =) Thanks.

Unauthorized incoming post!
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 21st May 2009 at 5:30 AM
I am getting involved with your OMSP's for the base-game, with placing sims.

And on your Overview page, I was amazed by that "floater" in the FlowerShack pic. (Place a standing sims on one of your 90-degree pieces and WAA-LAA!) This will be great stuff for Halloween or a murder-mystery story, perhaps?

So, I had a sims sleep on her side and then I had her float on her back and I used both positions, with your Base Game OMSP, to create two pretty spooky and slightly sunken "Lady in the Lake" effects.

Btw, can a base-game create a counter-sitting or a bed-sitting sims?
(I tried several times, but with some pretty bad results.)

... Jim ...
Forum Resident
#196 Old 21st May 2009 at 6:50 PM
Thats neat. o:
Field Researcher
#197 Old 23rd May 2009 at 2:16 PM
ok, wow. This looks like it will be useful, crazy, and interesting. I will have to play with that at some point. and Great Job!
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 26th May 2009 at 3:06 AM
these look really cool, but are too complex for my simpleton intellect. aww...
Test Subject
#199 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 4:15 PM
These are just fabulous, you are a genius!! Thank you so much! You've thought of everything, it seems. The instructions are easy to follow, the way you made different folders for different needs/wants, food preparation anywhere, the angle thingy - brilliant! I'm having such fun with these - you're the best!
Test Subject
#200 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 1:16 AM Last edited by simplickity : 6th Jun 2009 at 2:31 PM. Reason: answered my own question!
I think this is amazing! I usually don't get OMSPs because they clutter up my game, but your solution is fantastic.

One question: I DON'T have AL, but I'd like everything to stay in the collection, and with all my other furniture. I've downloaded the In_CollectionONLY file and the Base_Game_OMSPs file. I'd like to get everything possible, given my EPs and SPs, especially the Special Slots package.

Should I download the Special_Slots file as well, or is it already included in the InCollection_ONLY file?

I have read your instructions several times, but I'm not sure what to do. Thanks very much!

EDIT: Nevermind- the Special slots package is included. Thanks for this brilliant set of OMSPs!
Page 8 of 11