Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#76 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Well I am very glad we can finally all become yibsims. OMG I was so jealous, eating up inside with desperation to be someone's yibsim... :smirk:

So, which of you lovely simmers wants to be yibsims with me?
That sounds so dirty.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 8:44 AM
I felt really dissapointed. I don't really think the people who did go to YibSim played the Sims 2 or 1 before. The "hardcore" Sims fans (with hardcore I mean Sims fans who played since the beginning) like LGR really know what could be done better with the Sims 4 compared to the Sims 3.

EA's logic: Money > Sims 3 fanbase > Original (Sims 1 2 and 3) fanbase.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bennievv
I felt really dissapointed. I don't really think the people who did go to YibSim played the Sims 2 or 1 before. The "hardcore" Sims fans (with hardcore I mean Sims fans who played since the beginning) like LGR really know what could be done better with the Sims 4 compared to the Sims 3.

EA's logic: Money > Sims 3 fanbase > Original (Sims 1 2 and 3) fanbase.

That's the stupidest comment I've ever heard.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 10:28 AM
There's one thing I'm surprised not to have seen so far, it's interviews of the various attendees. There are many interesting, talented people and it's the right opportunity to get them to talk about their hobby/passion. And then there are all the ones I don't even know because they come from countries with languages I don't speak. Again it's the right time to put them in the spotlight and let other players discover them. Maybe EA plans to do interviews of all the attendees, then I hope they are released soon. But if not, it would be mostly welcome that the "buzz makers" among the attendees take care of that.

I'm not sure either who exactly are the YibSims and what's meant behind that word. But if they are the little group that got the conference call after the announcement in May, then they share one big characteristic: they are news sites/you tubers, and have been chosen because how many people follow them. They have the ability to carry over a message to a really large share of the Sims players. Part of this message is obviously advertising TS4 and the last stuff for TS3. But it could be more.

I've watched some of the vlogs posted so far, and I'm a bit surprised by their content. I understand that the youtubers share a lot of interests and have a lot of fun together, but I'm not sure that it's worth that many minutes of video time. Why not use their ability with a camera or blogging skills to let us discover the other Simscamp attendees? That would certainly be nice and interesting.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Why do you think they're pussyfooting? :O The one thing that has been perfectly clear is that there's no online requirement. For instance http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/ne...e-sims-yet.html :
Offering an online, connected "platform" - if you want to be part of it

With such flexible but accessible opportunities for creating buildings and Sims, The Sims 4 has big plans for connecting and sharing content with others.

While specifics on this will be shared at a later date, sharing and shopping tools will be fully integrated and internal to the game itself, making it easy to access content.

Vaughn also confirmed that for those who don't want to take part in online aspects don't have to - you can fully opt out of sharing content – and added it will be possible to play everything offline.

You can choose not to BELIEVE them, but they've addressed this straight on in every venue I've seen. And "shopping and sharing" is exactly what is already implemented in TS3... may be more integrated but clearly non-essential.

That's the first time i've actually read something regarding the online features that wasn't just a statement along the lines of 'connect online for rewards and extras'. But it still worries me just how 'optional' offline play will be, im worried that they talk about how the 'core' game will be playable offline.. what constitutes as core and what constitutes as extra? If I want to buy from the store will I have to be connected online to use it.. or will I need to be connected to the internet if I have CC or mods installed so they can make sure im not pirating content.. I still remain vigilant towards this whole 'offline' experience.
Field Researcher
#81 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 3:41 PM
I don't like calling it yibsims. Is there a simlish equivalent of best friend already? Or just friend? And maybe combine it with any positive simlish word.
Inventor
#82 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 5:55 PM
Was a rather long day today with lots of info and I'm a bit overwhelmed right now and we're going to dinner soon so I'll be real quick.

So far, I really think they're trying to change their ways. I got to talk to several of the gurus and they seemed interested in what I had to say. They answered the questions they could and also took feedback.

I know this is probably not the right thread to talk about this but I don't wanna make a new one just yet (also cause I'm kinda in a hurry): I did try to get some spec and tech info but there wasn't a tech person to talk to. It did sound that they have a new game engine and build that from the ground up. They have mostly been building the on the engine. I'm not entirely sure on that yet, so please don't quote it as a fact but I'm trying to find out more about it tonight.

They couldn't give me specs but I did place the two top questions: native mac and 64 bit version with them and I hope to get an answer before I leave.

So stay tuned. I'll probably post more info in my blog when I have them (yeah, I'm selfish like that).

Talk to you guys later, going to dinner now.
Instructor
#83 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 4:18 PM
Being invited into the Fanboy Club may not be such an honor. The people not invited into the club give a pretty good indication of what EA is looking for: stooges who will parrot the party line. They don't want people who will divulge the defects and ommissions in the game, or say anything negative about it al all. Even if it is the truth.

It would be nice to have a list of the members of the Fanboy Club, so we know who NOT to believe in the coming months. These people have received a pretty nice bribe to say positive things about the Sims 4. Their statements in the future are not to be trusted.
Top Secret Researcher
#84 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 4:39 PM
Urrrh I don't get it, is it like EA love of word emotion are they trying to make a game for the fans like they said they were some time ago. But yet again it is EA!

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
#85 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 5:08 PM
I didn't even like the word before I found out what it meant. Gives me a sick nauseous feeling. And now that I do know what it means...well, I guess it's appropriate. That is the feeling I get when I see some of the club member names.

I would rather not associate my community favorites with this word.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Field Researcher
#86 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I've just discovered that the people/sites invited to the gamescom event have been given a special epithet by EA. This is the explanation:

A lot of top fan are related to ea.
Sometimes they works for ea.

An example? Search Edenstyle on google..

It's always the same story...

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 5:28 PM
Anyone but me getting annoyed with the Tweets from some of the 'hardcore' fans invited to SimsCamp who basically repeat whatever argument EA throws at them? For example, no height sliders.
Instead of just saying that they HAVE to add: "But omg the game is soooo good anyway, I promise, you won't be disappointed!!" or "No height sliders. That would be waaaay to complicated to add to an already awesome game... "

Like, give me a fucking break. Just report "No height sliders. EA says it's too complicated to add" and then I'll make my own decision if that's a good explanation or not.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer.
Scholar
#88 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by denkert
Anyone but me getting annoyed with the Tweets from some of the 'hardcore' fans invited to SimsCamp who basically repeat whatever argument EA throws at them? For example, no height sliders.
Instead of just saying that they HAVE to add: "But omg the game is soooo good anyway, I promise, you won't be disappointed!!" or "No height sliders. That would be waaaay to complicated to add to an already awesome game... "

Like, give me a fucking break. Just report "No height sliders. EA says it's too complicated to add" and then I'll make my own decision if that's a good explanation or not.

They are there as an "advertisment" to the rest of us, plus get free airfair, hotel, food and entertainment for 3 days, all before being flown back home, all for free. So I can understand why, kind of, but i do too also agree. EA better be glad im not a yibsim, or id give them so many headaches. They would probobly kick me out, send me back home early.
Instructor
#89 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
They are there as an "advertisment" to the rest of us, plus get free airfair, hotel, food and entertainment for 3 days, all before being flown back home, all for free. So I can understand why, kind of, but i do too also agree. EA better be glad im not a yibsim, or id give them so many headaches. They would probobly kick me out, send me back home early.

I see what you mean but in all seriousness, why would they take people who criticise the product?

At the end of the day if I was selling something I wouldn't want to pay for someone who was going to give me bad business. Constructive criticism yes but anything beyond that would be a no go.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Mad Poster
#90 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer

It'd be tough for me to control my questions. They'd kick me out faster than a Survivor castaway. I'm surprised that none of these attendees have gloated in a neener-neener fashion. I can just picture it now: "U R all just jealous cuz we got 2 go and not u, biatch!" Seriously, though, I really am surprised not to see any gloating posted around, unless I've overlooked them.
Mad Poster
#91 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by denkert

Aww...*HUGS*. You are okay here, this is not the Sims 3 or Sims 4 forums and we don't judge.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#92 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Aww...*HUGS*. You are okay here, this is not the Sims 3 or Sims 4 forums and we don't judge.

The agree/disagree feature says otherwise.
Mad Poster
#93 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
The agree/disagree feature says otherwise.

*throws hand in front of my face* It's less vocal, can be ignored.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#94 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 7:09 PM
Disagreeing is not judgement, it is simply a different opinion. We can't take them personally.
Test Subject
#95 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 7:13 PM
It's gotten so that the only reviewer I trust to be completely honest and unbiased is LGR. He'll say what he likes about expansion packs and so forth, but also isn't afraid to call crap what it is. I guess EA didn't want him at Gamescon (don't know that for a fact, how I wish he could have been there!).
Mad Poster
#96 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 7:21 PM
Oh, I was just being facetious in that the agree/disagree feature seems to be the worst that can happen here, since most of us play fair, unlike at the official forum.
Theorist
#97 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 11:32 AM
I am sorry for LGR, but realistically speaking its probably better for us that he didn't get invited. I mean think about it, EA flew them there, paid for the hotel, fed them, threw them a party, made them all feel special and important. As others have said, it's pretty difficult to say anything bad about someone who does that for you!

There is a reason why police and other government workers are usually forbidden to accept gratuities (at least in many countries!). It's ethically and morally problematic to potentially buy their influence. But you know what they say, all's fair in war and business. ;-)

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Inventor
#98 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 5:18 PM
You know guys, it's actually difficult to say anything positive or negative since at the end of the day, we have no clue what the final product is going to look like. They gave us sneak peaks, they made our mouth water on what is possible with this new technologies they have but it will all be down to what they'll make of it.

I know this is not the scope of this thread but I wanna give you a an ITF example: You have the possibility to change your future and they have three different future worlds. It's not different worlds, it's the same one but they look very different (going to have pics in my blog when I'm writing my article). So you can have a bad future, a normal one or a happy one. I tried to trigger the happy one and when my Sims got there, everyone was doing this very funky walk, similar to the IF walk (I have a video I was going to upload but now I'm not sure I should). I was like: Oh god, what's that ? Are they going to have our Sims walk around like that in the future if it's a happy place ? We'll if it is, please can I have a mod for that before I even install it ! Also the hair is very funky looking from the distance.

So in the presentation today I asked King about it (and yes, I told him that most people probably won't be happy if they left it like that) and he said that this was very much still in development and they were still tweaking that. So, now, am I going to put that in my review ? No, I won't cause I don't know if they are going to fix that or not. I don't know if that's going to be the final version or not. It could get fixed, King said so. Do I believe him ? Well, why should I not, what choice do I have ? It will be easily moddable if it stays like that but we will only know when we actually have the final version. Not at this stage.

So this is even more true for Sims 4. We only got a hands on for CAS. Everything else was a presentation they had tested and prepared. They only showed us stuff that's working well so yes, of course we are going to be positive about it cause it really was positive and I'm sure some of you would be happy to if they'd seen it (others won't but that's the nature of things) but if that's what we're going to have in the final product ? We don't know what's going to be in there. Release date ist 2014. That's all they say.

So all you can do at this point is wait for more info and if you don't like the graphics you see now, you probably won't like the game. But that is very individual.

I can tell you my honest opinion from what I'm seeing now which is: I really like where they're going so far (Sims 4) and never interested in the EP anyways so it will be hard to please me for ITF.
Forum Resident
#100 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:38 PM
How did you end up digging up a thread from 4 years ago?
Page 4 of 5