Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 5-JAN-2016) New and Improved Eiffel Tower (Non-CaSTable)

by icarus_allsorts Posted 21st Jan 2014 at 1:51 PM - Updated 5th Jan 2016 at 8:07 AM by icarus_allsorts : Translation added

104 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 5
Inventor
THANKS POST
#26 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 10:51 AM
Awesome! Great work and nicely presented, too. Thank you for sharing your work with us. :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 11:08 AM
Here are the Dutch ones:

Take Elevator To Top With Group - De lift naar boven nemen met groep
Take Elevator To Top With Pack - De lift naar boven nemen met roedel
Take Elevator To Top With Date - De lift naar boven nemen met date
Take Stairs To Top With Group - De trap naar boven nemen met groep
Take Stairs To Top With Pack - De trap naar boven nemen met roedel
Take Stairs To Top With Date - De trap naar boven nemen met date
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 5:31 AM
Icarus this is so cool! Awesome mod....I had no idea there was a playable Eiffel Tower. I wonder what else is hidden in there : )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 10:33 AM
Amazing ! Wonderful !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 1:30 PM
Nice Mod ! great job, do you think make another one for "l'arc de Triomphe" ?
cheers from France !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 4:05 PM
Wonderfull icarus, now finally I have a good feeling when I go on a romantic holiday!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 5:22 PM
Here are the German ones:

Take Elevator To Top With Group: Mit dem Fahrstuhl in die Spitze fahren mit Gruppe
Take Elevator To Top With Pack: Mit dem Fahrstuhl in die Spitze fahren mit Rudel
Take Elevator To Top With Date: Mit dem Fahrstuhl in die Spitze fahren mit Verabredung
Take Stairs To Top With Group: Die Treppe zur Spitze nehmen mit Gruppe
Take Stairs To Top With Pack: Die Treppe zur Spitze nehmen mit Rudel
Take Stairs To Top With Date: Die Treppe zur Spitze nehmen mit Verabredung

And here's the text for the moodlet (I just made it compatible with other worlds, just like yours):

Von der Spitze des Eiffelturms hat man einen wirklich atemberaubenden Ausblick, der die Beschreibungen der Reisemagazine noch bei Weitem übertrifft.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 10:22 PM Last edited by Occultine : 24th Jan 2014 at 10:27 PM. Reason: better name for top
Hi I'm bringing the French tones
Take Elevator To Top With Group => Prendre l'ascenseur jusqu'au sommet avec le groupe
Take Elevator To Top With Pack => Prendre l'ascenseur jusqu'au sommet avec la meute
Take Elevator To Top With Date => Prendre l'ascenseur jusqu'au sommet avec le rencard
Take Stairs To Top With Group => Monter les escaliers jusqu'au sommet avec le groupe
Take Stairs To Top With Pack => Monter les escaliers jusqu'au sommet avec la meute
Take Stairs To Top With Date => Monter les escaliers jusqu'au sommet avec le rencard

I don't use the Eiffel Tower in game (in fact I don't even go to the vacation worlds, but never mind), is taking the elevator costs money like in real life ? :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 6:57 AM
Thanks guys for the comments and translations!
@Occultine: Yeap, it costs 15 simoleans per sim (only sims in your household are counted if you go in a group though)
@rouge: I was just thinking about this actually... But it'll have to wait if I actually do it (or someone else can, if they knew how to make rabbithole rugs, just a matter of adding slots to the Arc de Triomphe object and either using EA's original Eiffel Tower object class or mine)
Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 12:35 PM
Really amazing !

Here is the French translation for the moodlet :

"Magnifique vue
Le sommet de la Tour Eiffel offre une vue vraiment hypnotisante qui surpasse de loin les descriptions qu'en font les meilleures brochures touristiques !
(Raison : Tour Eiffel)"

Use it as you wish !
Site Helper
THANKS POST
#36 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 3:27 PM
Featured already!!! Congratulations. (you deserve it.)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#37 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 4:42 PM
Yay! Congratulations for the feature. Sending my sims to Sim France just for this.
THANKS POST
#38 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 6:39 AM
thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 11:46 AM
Brilliant Work!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 5:11 PM
OMG...I am so not new to Sims at all, but I did not know about the Eiffel Tower lot...I am most definitely going to add it to my game now, because of your download...makes World Adventures fun for me now...yaaaay...thank you so very much for all of your hard work and congrats on the feature...please keep up the great work...thanks again
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 12:41 AM
Awesome sauce
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 2:42 PM
Love it, but unfotunally i cannot find the eiffel tower in the debug section
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 2:46 PM
@diddle783: It should still be in Debug/Misc. and also in Build Mode's Community Objects for Community lots.
Test Subject
#44 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 4:07 PM
Thanks after i go to a large lot in france and looked in the Build mode's i found it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 4:51 PM
Just want to say: it's wonderful! Thanks!
Test Subject
#46 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 11:51 PM
cool. hehe looks fun
Test Subject
#47 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 7:08 PM Last edited by Gaspar418 : 6th Feb 2014 at 3:38 PM.
Hi! I just saw your mod, it looks great! I have never used the Eiffel Tower in the game, actually, so it is a good day to try it out!
Well, if you're interested in the European Portuguese translation to your mod I can provide it:
Take Elevator To Top With Group - Utilizar o Elevador para subir ao Topo da Torre com o Grupo.
Take Elevator To Top With Pack - Utilizar o Elevador para subir ao Topo da Torre com a Multidão.
Take Elevator To Top With Date - Utilizar o Elevador para subir ao Topo da Torre para um Encontro Romântico.
Take Stairs To Top With Group - Subir as Escadas a Pé até ao Topo da Torre com o Grupo.
Take Stairs To Top With Pack - Subir as Escadas a Pé até ao Topo da Torre com a Multidão.
Take Stairs To Top With Date - Subir as Escadas a Pé até ao Topo da Torre para um Encontro Romântico.

Hope they are useful!
Ps. I couldn't understand what did you mean with Pack, was it like Package or was it like a Crowd? I personally think it is the last one, so this edit corrected the translation, if it isn't this meaning you want, please tell me. Thanks in Advance!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 10:25 PM
Looking forward to trying this! Always wanted to woohoo in the Eiffel Tower!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 5:00 PM
@Gaspar418: I believe it's for Werewolves, so a "Pack" should be the same as "Group" but for Werewolves. I don't have Supernatural so I've never actually seen it in my game, but I'm quite sure that's what it's referring to. I've uploaded the mod with your translations for the moment, if you'd like them changed please tell me.
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
@Gaspar418: I believe it's for Werewolves, so a "Pack" should be the same as "Group" but for Werewolves. I don't have Supernatural so I've never actually seen it in my game, but I'm quite sure that's what it's referring to. I've uploaded the mod with your translations for the moment, if you'd like them changed please tell me.

Oh! I do not have Supernatural too, but the sentences should be like this:
- Take Elevator To Top With Pack - Utilizar o Elevador para subir ao Topo da Torre com a Matilha.
- Take Stairs To Top With Pack - Subir as Escadas a Pé até ao Topo da Torre com a Matilha.
BTW, the sentence for the moodlet in PT-PT should be like this:
A paisagem que nos é oferecida no Topo da Torre Eiffel é completamente fascinante, destronando completamente o melhor dos Guias Turísticos!" *The name of the moodlet auto-translates so no problem there

PS. If you want I can also give you a translation to the Brazilian Portuguese String, has it is basically the same
Take Elevator To Top With Group - Sobe no Elevador até ao Topo da Torre com o Grupo.
Take Elevator To Top With Pack - Sobe no Elevador até ao Topo da Torre com a Matilha.
Take Elevator To Top With Date - Sobe no Elevador até ao Topo da Torre com um Encontro Romântico.
Take Stairs To Top With Group - Sobe as Escadas a Pé até ao Topo da Torre com o Grupo.
Take Stairs To Top With Pack - Sobe as Escadas a Pé até ao Topo da Torre com a Matilha .
Take Stairs To Top With Date - Sobe as Escadas a Pé até ao Topo da Torre com um Encontro Romântico.
Moodlet - A vista do Topo da Torre Eiffel é completamente fascinante, destronando completamente o melhor dos Guias Turísticos!"

But if a Brazilian sees this post, please correct me
Page 2 of 5