Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 4:17 PM
Default Age and gender assignments with cc
Ok, I've been sifting through all the things I've downloaded (all of it from this site). Some things dashboard that have been assigned to babies has been taken out. The part that I'm most confused about is accessories, makeup, and shoes. For example, can glasses be enable under c-e both genders? Can socks be both genders?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 5:14 PM
Accessories and shoes can't, makeup can.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 6:11 PM
Ok, well, I have more cleaning up to do then. Thanks for the response.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 3:50 AM
Okay, I'm not clear on something. I weeded through my accessories and my toddlers and children are of course seperated. Most of the ones left over are teen to elder and some of those are teen to elder/male and female. I have socks, rings, gloves, glasses, earrings, and bracelets. So can those be grouped together or do the teens, elders, male and female have to be seperated?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 9:51 AM
Accessories with meshes - e.g. rings, glasses and so on - won't cause terrible problems if they're assigned to both genders, but the meshes won't fit one gender properly, so you'll have, for example, rings made for women sinking into the skin of male fingers.
Skintight accessories, so socks and gloves, can be both genders; but again, the textures won't fit both male and female bodies perfectly. Depending on the individual item, this may create problems that aren't really noticeable and that you're happy to live with, or it may create big seams and mismatched edges and all sorts that will make the whole thing look tatty.

Teens, adults and elders can share the same meshes.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 9:00 PM
Thank you for your response, that cleared up many things for me. I love having many options of customizations to choose from, but I also want them to be at least almost perfect. Back to weeding I go. Thanks again.