Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 11:38 PM
How do you retexture hair with shaved section?
I just want to make new textures for the EA store Femme Hawk Fatale hair, but I can't figure out how to edit the shaved section. I can't find the .dds file in CTU. Please help!

"So to get star power, do you tip the drums over?" - Heather G.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 1:52 PM
you should not do hair with CTU You need DABOOBS or TSRW
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 6:46 PM
Which I have. All I really need to know is how to retexture a shaved texture on hair. No meshing or anything. I have tried DABOOBS but its wants me to have a fresh new mesh with all the LODs. All I am trying to do is edit the current file for a completely solid colored recolorable shaved scalp.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 8:24 PM
You might look at HP's completely bald hair: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=357777

Looks like it was done by making a tiny 'invisible' mesh. My guess is you might have to modify the mesh to remove the parts you want bald, but that's only a guess.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 8:34 PM
i also made bald hairs and it was indeed not possible with one of the textured ones.
Got to look as it has been ages
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 10:09 PM
Hairs have a separate texture for the scalp - which is separate both from the skintone scalp and the hair texture. I forget what it's called now. However, it's common practise to not include such a texture, and to just link to an EA one. So you may have to extract the existing meshes and textures, then repackage the hair in DABOOBS.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 4:35 AM
Thanks guys! I figured it out. Apparently I was looking at is and thinking about it all wrong.