Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 10:14 PM
Default What tool lets you switch Accessories Categories?
I'm not sure at all where I'm supposed to post this, but does anyone know what the tool is that allows you to switch categories on package file CAS things like Accessories? I know it can be done, I just know what does it/how.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:50 PM Last edited by whiterider : 27th Oct 2011 at 12:14 AM.
Well, you can do it with pretty much any tool - the easiest being CTU, S3OC, S3PE or TSRW.

CTU: Open package file, go to Part Category tab, tick boxes, commit, save.

S3OC: In theory... open package file, go to main tab, tick boxes, save. It keeps crashing when I try this though, which isn't too surprising since CAS support in S3OC is beta.

S3PE: Open package file, select CASP resource, click Grid, expand ClothingCategory section, change things to true/false, select from "Clothing" dropdown, commit, save.

TSRW: Open TSRW, new project, new import, package, import package file, go to main tab, tick boxes, tools, project contents, export as package.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:02 AM
Like Whiterider says or are you looking for those specific spots, they come with Generations(or WA)?
Read somewhere bout accesoires half way the arm and such but have not run into one.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:29 AM
The new types aren't supported by CTU, and they don't appear in the dropdown in S3PE (I've corrected my instructions there, sorry for the initial confusion). You can set those new types in S3PE by manually typing into the box:

For necklaces (WA): 0x00000009
For left garters (LN): 0x00000024
For right garters (LN): 0x00000025
For armbands (WA, the snake armband thing): 0x00000020

There are also a couple of hidden types from LN:
For "dental" (used by vampire teeth): 0x00000023
For birthmark: 0x00000026

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
S3PE: Open package file, select CASP resource, click Grid, expand ClothingCategory section, change things to true/false, select from "Clothing" dropdown, commit, save.

Thanks!
I use S3PE to merge my package files (bless the creator! ) so I think I'll follow this process and learn more about how to use it. ^-^

I opened an accessory package file and I see the CASP resource, but I don't see Grid or a dropdown anywhere... I do see Type under Type Resource Details, but nothing about clothing--am I working on an older version or someting?
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 1:02 AM
The grid(and others) button is at the bottom, you might have to pull up the tab a bit
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 1:51 AM
Oh! Oh oh oh--I see it! Yeah, I dragged everything up and there it was--but it's greyed out, along with several other buttons, even when I select the CASP part
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 7:40 AM
Be aware that if you import package to TSRW via the new project menus, you won't be recategorising your content, you will be making *new* content - it automatically makes a clone with its own new IDs. The only way to use TSRW to edit an existing item (unless you have the original .wrk project file) is to start a new project using a base similar to what you are editing, then go into Edit/Project Contents, delete all contents, and import *into that window* from the package you wanted to edit.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
then go into Edit/Project Contents, delete all contents, and import *into that window* from the package you wanted to edit.

I never seen this work on CASparts Inge.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 11:19 AM
Yeah, I know how to do it with TSRW, and I like the fact that TSRW lets you actually convert package files to sims3packs, which is cool. But I want to be a well-rounded Simmer and learn how to do lots of stuff with different tools so I'm no penned in to relying on one particular way of doing things, y'know? I was hoping I could learn how to do it with S3PE, but as I said, the Grid option is greyed out for me, so I guess I'll HAVE to use TSRW. I just hate anything with sims3packs--it's always so SLOW!

I'm going to take a looksie at CTU--that's not the Object Cloner, is it?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:18 PM
Why not use s3oc? That has quite a good recategorisation interface. Support for CAS parts was recently added, so get the test version. In the help menu, it tells you how to use it as a standalone recategoriser for existing items, without cloning. We also have a sims3pack packer/unpacker/repacker at simlogical. It only supports making new sims3packs for Object type content, but it does support the repacking of other types of sims3packs that you have only unpacked so you could make a minor edit to the contained .package.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 8:50 PM
Right right right! pfft! I'm getting all the tools confused -- S3OC is the Object Cloner! Yup, I downloaded that--I went to the CTU page and was like, I've never seen this before, wth?

Yes, stupid Murfee's smoking old weed :P

Thanks, everybody! :D
Yeesh--all this confusion I put myself through just to change a ring accessory into a sock accessory!!!