Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 11:16 AM
Default [ASK] Export and Edit Group_Base
When I open some of the clothes from Exp Pack and Sims Store using TSR Workshop, and export the mesh to Milkshape, I notice there are more than one mesh.

In the Milkshape the name of the object is Group_Base and the Morph data are missing too or not being exported by TSR Workshop. This is the first time I notice this case.

Does someone know how to export this kind of cloth (with multi-mesh inside) so I can edit it in Milkshape?

Alternative tools?

Thank you.
Advertisement
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 6:08 PM
You should be able to edit them with no problems, some of the EA clothing have 2 mesh files in mesh tab, it's normal. The Store clothing are different,they don't have morph states which could be exported.

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 6:48 PM
^
Thanks for the reply.

So how you try to edit Store clothing including the morph?
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 8:42 PM
If you want to edit it, you will need to make new morphs. When I edited one dress from the store, I made all morphs by duplicating that mesh ans moving vertices. You can use Morph Matcher Tool by CmarNYC.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 5:58 AM
^
Thank you!

I try it and success. I'm able to import the mesh to the TSR Workshop. Morph Match Maker is an awesome tool, I just need to cut the base mesh and they do the rest morphs.

But now I get a new problem. See the screenshot below, the texture is overlapping. And there are a problem with the light from the original mesh in the chest.

How to fix it?

Btw, the top is from Sims Store, Am I permitted to publish it in MTS?
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 9:08 AM
Uhm, Elexis is wrong im afraid.
The Store items do have morphs but since the files use a diffrent setup TSRW doesn't export them.

You can convert the Store sims3pack to package with Delphy's multiinstaller.
then export the GEOMS(meshes and morphs) with Postal or s3PE.

Clone the file with TSRW and export the base mesh.
In Milkshape you import the base mesh from TSRW and then import the morphs you extracted with s3PE.
Rename the groups properly and export.
import everything back into TSRW on a basegame top!!
Import the textures and export as sims3pack.

I dont think it get aproved on MTS2, but i could be wrong.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 11:14 AM
^
Yes, I did the same way and success. Like the screenshot above. It came from Sims Store lingerie cloth. Except I don't know how to fix the texture problem, it's overlapped by the bottom mesh. Should I move the texture coordination to the save place or something else? I notice the texture alpha location is just as normal as the others, but I don't why this is have a problem.

I have another question, there are some packages with BLENDGEOM files. It's a default replacement package, so they just include importance files only. It can't be opened by TSR Workshop, because it's not a full package file.

I wonder how to convert back BLENDGEOM to SIMGEOM file, so I can edit it in Milkshape?

Is there any Milkshape plugin support BLENDGEOM?
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 12:44 PM
I can't answer about plugins, but the texture problem is pretty easy fixable.
In Sims 3 all clothing (top, bottom, shoes, gloves) should be mapped on one texture, the problem that every clothing part has it's own place on that texture and you can't map for example pants in the top area.
What I'm trying to say that your top is mapped too low, you need to scale it up. This is why I hate Sims, because if you scale it, you will loose quality. I'm guessing that the top is from full outfit mesh, so all below-waist tops still need to fit that area from wast line and above on your texture. When you scale it, check it again with ALL bottoms and look if it causes overlapping again, because some of the bottoms are mapped even higher than they should.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 12:48 PM
did you take a basegame top to start with?

The Blend files contain just links to the Bgeo files, nothing more i think.

The game files(outfits) have one basemesh(GEOM) but when the sliders are used the Bgeo file changes the shape(to fat/fit/thin)
The Bgeo file contains the data from the morphs, the morphs themselves are not used by the game.

Store outfits however seem to use the morphs themselves to change shape.

If you have a basemesh and the Bgeo files you could create a package but you then must not edit the mesh(by deleting or adding faces/vertice.
Take a look in CAS before you start over with the top.
It is prolly a error in TSRW
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elexis
I can't answer about plugins, but the texture problem is pretty easy fixable.
In Sims 3 all clothing (top, bottom, shoes, gloves) should be mapped on one texture, the problem that every clothing part has it's own place on that texture and you can't map for example pants in the top area.
What I'm trying to say that your top is mapped too low, you need to scale it up. This is why I hate Sims, because if you scale it, you will loose quality. I'm guessing that the top is from full outfit mesh, so all below-waist tops still need to fit that area from wast line and above on your texture. When you scale it, check it again with ALL bottoms and look if it causes overlapping again, because some of the bottoms are mapped even higher than they should.

That is what I fear of.

So I need to redraw everything, from the Multiplier, Mask, Specular, etc, including the bump mapping. That will be painful.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#11 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
That is what I fear of.

So I need to redraw everything, from the Multiplier, Mask, Specular, etc, including the bump mapping. That will be painful.

I'm afraid that yes. The easiest way would be to scale just the part below the breasts, so that the chest part won't get distorted.
There is one trick that you can use to save your texture quality. Tops have reserved space in the bottom left corner (under the arms). You can separate your texture to map some parts there (I suggest that you map the part below breasts there).

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
did you take a basegame top to start with?

The Blend files contain just links to the Bgeo files, nothing more i think.

The game files(outfits) have one basemesh(GEOM) but when the sliders are used the Bgeo file changes the shape(to fat/fit/thin)
The Bgeo file contains the data from the morphs, the morphs themselves are not used by the game.

Store outfits however seem to use the morphs themselves to change shape.

If you have a basemesh and the Bgeo files you could create a package but you then must not edit the mesh(by deleting or adding faces/vertice.
Take a look in CAS before you start over with the top.
It is prolly a error in TSRW

It's actually your Bloom AFtop Nude Replacement (plus Nipple from SXS2).

And other is Bodybuilder Nude Top Replacement from TSR.
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...-top/id/947060/

Both of the package just contain the GEOM and BGEO files. Nothing else. I'm planning to give nipples the Bodybuilder Nude Top, but I don't know how to open the morph in the Milkshape.

Bodybuilder Nude Top + Nipples = Perfect body. hahaha..............
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 2:45 PM
I'm afraid that yes. The easiest way would be to scale just the part below the breasts, so that the chest part won't get distorted.
There is one trick that you can use to save your texture quality. Tops have reserved space in the bottom left corner (under the arms). You can separate your texture to map some parts there (I suggest that you map the part below breasts there).

So I must do test and trial to figure it out until it won't overlapped by the bottom texture.

Do you have any EA texture guide line or limit line to separate top and bottom?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#14 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 3:01 PM
Sorry - I'm a bit late to the party here. But yes, we allow edits of Store stuff on MTS just like we allow edits of EP stuff (which can be downloaded by people who don't have the EP). The only thing we don't allow is uploads that basically just take Store stuff and make it available with no change/tiny changes.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#15 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 4:42 PM
So I must do test and trial to figure it out until it won't overlapped by the bottom texture.

Do you have any EA texture guide line or limit line to separate top and bottom?

Yeah, the belly button is sort of a guideline. You can check my Summer breeze top texture, I made it the way that it won't overlap by any bottom (all base game and EP bottoms). I use skin texture under the top to see the line better.
Screenshots

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Sockpuppet
#16 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 9:23 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 5th Oct 2011 at 1:39 AM.
I am a bit confused now........
Thought this was a Store item?

If it is a top from the Store you dont have to redo any textures, they will fit any bottom.

And then you have a 2nd project?
You want to add the nipples i made to the male nude top?
That nude top replacement does indeed only have the base mesh and the BGEO file with the morphdata.
I assume you want to do the same for the males?(i did have it but lost alot due a HD crash....)
You need to extract all the GEOMs for the male nude top, high detail(and morphs), low detail(and morphs) and very low detail(and morphs)
I only added nipples to the high detail, guess you do the same?
You load the basemesh and morphs in Milkshape and import the nude female base top and regroup the nipple, the rest you delete
Make the nipple fit the male base mesh but make sure that whenever you delete a vertex on that mesh you delete the same vertex on the fat/fit and thin.
When your satisfied your duplicate the nipple 4 times and attached each duplicate to the morph
I say 4 times, the 4th is for the special(pregnant) morph. You need to do it also.

when you have a nipple on each mesh then you can regroup each one of them and export.

The base mesh you load into the default replacement GEOM of the male
The morphs you use to build the replacement Bgeo file
You can use BMM bodymorphmaker for it.
You probably can use TSRW for it aswell but i haven't tried it yet.
The easiest way to make a default replacement package is with s3OC.
Then delete the files you do not want.

Edit,
Dont forget to fix the uvmap
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 3:04 AM
Yeah, the belly button is sort of a guideline. You can check my Summer breeze top texture, I made it the way that it won't overlap by any bottom (all base game and EP bottoms). I use skin texture under the top to see the line better.

Thank you for the texture.

The area between breast and belly is too short. I will try to see the UVmap in Milkshape, see if I can do something about it without touching the Photoshop if possible.
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 9:08 AM
I am a bit confused now........
Thought this was a Store item?

If it is a top from the Store you dont have to redo any textures, they will fit any bottom.

And then you have a 2nd project?
You want to add the nipples i made to the male nude top?
That nude top replacement does indeed only have the base mesh and the BGEO file with the morphdata.
I assume you want to do the same for the males?(i did have it but lost alot due a HD crash....)
You need to extract all the GEOMs for the male nude top, high detail(and morphs), low detail(and morphs) and very low detail(and morphs)
I only added nipples to the high detail, guess you do the same?
You load the basemesh and morphs in Milkshape and import the nude female base top and regroup the nipple, the rest you delete
Make the nipple fit the male base mesh but make sure that whenever you delete a vertex on that mesh you delete the same vertex on the fat/fit and thin.
When your satisfied your duplicate the nipple 4 times and attached each duplicate to the morph
I say 4 times, the 4th is for the special(pregnant) morph. You need to do it also.

when you have a nipple on each mesh then you can regroup each one of them and export.

The base mesh you load into the default replacement GEOM of the male
The morphs you use to build the replacement Bgeo file
You can use BMM bodymorphmaker for it.
You probably can use TSRW for it aswell but i haven't tried it yet.
The easiest way to make a default replacement package is with s3OC.
Then delete the files you do not want.

Edit,
Dont forget to fix the uvmap

Yes, it's another project. Sorry to make you confuse.

You lost the male nipple top???

OMG! That was a great tragedy for the sims community. Do you have any plan to restore the project?

I plan to add male nipple, but it won't as good as yours. Integrated the areola area into the mesh is far beyond my skill, I just plan to take and add the nipple tip above the chest, it's floating above it.

OK, I understand the process. But how to extract the bodybuilder fit morph (BGEO)? Is it possible?
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 9:16 AM Last edited by Celebriton : 5th Oct 2011 at 10:33 AM.
Thank you for the texture.

The area between breast and belly is too short. I will try to see the UVmap in Milkshape, see if I can do something about it without touching the Photoshop if possible.

I give up. Forget about the top, the texture is too complicated.

But I successfully made for the bottom part, it's a very very small shorts from the other Sims Store lingerie cloth.

Check the attachment, download, install the package and see it in the game.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Celebriton AFbottom SilkShorts.zip (533.3 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 10:29 AM
Sorry for asking again.

I encounter weird problem with TSRW. I try to make an accessories by cutting it from one of the Sims Store cloth. I already done the steps correctly and able to export the mesh+morph to *.WSO. But when I try to import the *.WSO to TSRW, it show an error said:

Wrong number of groups, expected 1 found 4

This is weird, I able to reimport the *.WSO to Milkshape thru TSRW Object plugin, but it won't imported to TSRW.. It's not 4 groups, but instead 1 group contain 1 basemesh and 3 morphs.
Sockpuppet
#21 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 12:18 PM
You need to start with a accesoire that supports the sliderfiles.
Accesoire do not use morphs by default.
The gold medals and few other EP accesoires do

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392850
Here you find the way to export the meshes.
Ill se wat i can do about the male top.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#22 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 1:26 PM
I may be able to help you with the top texture. This may require to small changes on the mesh (unweld vertices), so you will have to make the morphs again. I can do it for you if you want.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 3:13 AM
I may be able to help you with the top texture. This may require to small changes on the mesh (unweld vertices), so you will have to make the morphs again. I can do it for you if you want.

This is interesting.

About the morphs, recreate the morphs manually or using MorphMatchMaker?

I don't mean to bother someone else. It's ok if the project fail, I can try something else that are more easier.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Celebriton AFtop LingerieRomantic.zip (992.8 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 3:18 AM
You need to start with a accesoire that supports the sliderfiles.
Accesoire do not use morphs by default.
The gold medals and few other EP accesoires do

Thank you for the info. I can import it now.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#25 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 5:30 AM
If you want this top to work without changing the mapping, then you need to make it as full outfit with those shorts together. The bad thing is, that if you want just a top, you will need to scale down the belly part by more that a half up. This way you will loose too much quality. This is how the Sims works, no free space for any big texture.
The good thing is that I can make your top the way I did my Summer Breeze top, the quality still will be not the best, but at least your top will work BTW, this way you won't need to remake morphs (vertices are unwelded in the right places). It's up to you

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Page 1 of 2