Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#176 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 11:19 PM
In terms of difficulty it's about the same, but finding your mistake means that you can learn from it next time, where as doing it myself doesn't help you in the future.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 11:20 PM Last edited by badbuck : 25th Jan 2007 at 7:04 PM.
Here it is back to how it was when i followed the tut.

My apologies in advance if i missed something really stupid :D
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#178 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 12:12 AM
Mick - You've done a very good job of following parts 1 and 3 of the tutorial, but I think you missed part 2.

Part one just makes the object multi-tile friendly, it doesn't actually add any additional tiles. (There has to be a "master tile" and a "lead" tile in order to then add additional tiles to the object). If you go and follow the steps in part two now to add the second tile, the footprint should work.
Test Subject
#179 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Mick - You've done a very good job of following parts 1 and 3 of the tutorial, but I think you missed part 2.

Part one just makes the object multi-tile friendly, it doesn't actually add any additional tiles. (There has to be a "master tile" and a "lead" tile in order to then add additional tiles to the object). If you go and follow the steps in part two now to add the second tile, the footprint should work.

So to add one tile you should actually have three Object data files etc?

Or am i just confusing myself?
Test Subject
#180 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 1:30 AM
Well i dunno if thats right but i did that and it worked lol

Thanks for all your help
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#181 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 3:45 AM
Yep, that's exactly right. Well done!
Test Subject
#182 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 7:06 PM
Couple pics of my shower all finished.

Uploaded to TSR already lol.

Thanks for all the help one pic shows my new footprint :D
Screenshots
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#183 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 11:41 PM
Congrats.
Field Researcher
#184 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 4:07 AM
Greetings Indigo

Well if you're nervous about mutilating packages, do what I do and make a packup copy of the package first . As for removing tiles, it's really just a matter of working backwards. I'm assuming you still want the object to have multiple tiles, you just want to get rid of some of them (so, say, have two or three instead of four)?

First, figure out which OBJD is the master tile. Make sure you don't do anything to that one, it can stay as it is.

Now look at the other OBJDs, and take a note of the value in their "Multi-Tile Sub Index" field. Using the info in the tutorial (the diagram under "Part Two: Adding More Tiles"), see if you can figure out which OBJD is representing which tile in the footprint. Once you've found which one you want to remove, then take a note of its Instance number. Then you can just delete the OBJD.

To keep things neat, you should now go and delete the OBJf files which has the same Instance number as the OBJD you just deleted (Although strictly speaking it won't break your file to leave it in there).

If you want to reduce it to a single tile/OBJD, it's a little more complicated because you have to undo the multi-tile step as well. The simplest way is to still have a master and a single slave OBJD, but that does use up an extra GUID that isn't needed. If you want to reduce it to a single tile efficiently let me know and I'll explain the steps involved there too.

Hope that made sense. If it didn't, let me know and I'll try to do a more detailed version.

Echo

I would like to do this, but for a fireplace. I don't want objects to be placeable on the mantle. I'm going to try removing the two secondary OBJD and OBJF, which I am assuming are for the slots I don't want. Will this be sufficient, or will I have to fool around with the SLOT and CRES?
(I'm going to try this out now, but any input in case I can't figure it out would be appreciated!)

Thankyou for any help!

**Edit** Oh wait there is 3 slots, but only 3 OBJD, and one is the main that can't be deleted, right?. Now I'm confused lol.

** Patrick Stewart + Felicia Day + Bruce Campbell + zombie invasion + the cast of Firefly = my happiness.
Or, Chocolate ... yea I'll go with chocolate. **
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#185 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 9:16 AM
You just want to remove the slots? Or do you actually want the footprint to be smaller as well? If you just want to remove deco slots, then you just need to delete the "container slot" lines from the SLOT files where the i7 value is 11. That should stop things from being placeable on the mantle.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#186 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 12:02 PM
Personally, in order to deactivate slots, I open the CRES, select the slots from the Hierarchy, and just rename them in the cObjectGraphNode tab (for instance, by adding a [removedSlot] in front of its name, so I can easily restore them if needed).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#187 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 1:40 PM
Thank you both for the quick responses and options. I come here thinking it has to do with the footprint for some reason, and learn something new!

Echo, sorry about barging in on your thread with this, I really thought I had the right place!

Numenor, when I was experimenting, I actually deleted the slots from the CRES and ended up crashing my game. But, I'm glad to know I almost had it right! lol Thankyou!

** Patrick Stewart + Felicia Day + Bruce Campbell + zombie invasion + the cast of Firefly = my happiness.
Or, Chocolate ... yea I'll go with chocolate. **
The ModFather
retired moderator
#188 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 2:25 PM
No! Never delete blocks from the CRES! They are all inter-linked, and you will certainly mess up the entire object.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#189 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 6:09 AM
Default Packed file?
Sorry if this has been asked but I can't find the packed file tab - using the latest version of SimPE.

Can anyone help?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#190 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 6:17 AM
The Packed File tab is now the resource tab. There's no "make all unique" any more, so you'll have to go and change the numbers one at a time unfortunately.
Test Subject
#191 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 6:41 AM Last edited by ebarth1967 : 10th Mar 2007 at 6:52 AM.
Default Packed file?
Thanks Echo

Is this what you mean? - screenshot attached.
Screenshots
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#192 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 8:20 AM
Yep, that's the one.
Test Subject
#193 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 8:23 AM
Another question...when changing the numbers, am I supposed to use a specific sequence?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#194 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 8:41 AM
They should go up in hex numbers. 1, 2, 3, ... 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F, 10, 11, 12 etc.
Instructor
#195 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 11:37 AM
There's no "make all unique" any more, so you'll have to go and change the numbers one at a time unfortunately.
There is - this action is now among Resource Actions - it's present both on tab and toolbar with such name, and works from both.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#196 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 11:51 AM
Oh, hey, cool! Thanks Jasana!
Test Subject
#197 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 3:35 AM
Thanks to both of you, let's see how it goes...
A Sinful Sim
retired moderator
#198 Old 13th May 2007 at 3:45 PM
anyone know how to make a footprint at a 45 degree angle?

Adult Downloads Can Be Found On MTS2's Adult Site!!!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#199 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 5:11 AM
Um, Echo (or other wise ones listening) I added a footprint square onto a crib, and I can still place other things on top of that square. Its like its only there visually. I figured I had to go in and change the BHAV for it, but it doesn't seem to have a "Function - Init" Behaviour Function. I'm confused.

In the BHAV list there are 5 things listed "CT-Handle Bad Containment" "CT-Custom Come and See" "CT-Set Motive Change for Crib" "Be Tested Interaction Cancel" and "Test Interaction Cancel"

Something isn't right but I don't know what it is. Did I improperly clone the crib to begin with? Or is it something else?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#200 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 1:06 PM
Phaenoh - the crib uses a semi-global "init" function:
0x2000: "Function - init - SG"
You'll need to import it from "GribGlobals" before you can edit it.
Page 8 of 11