Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 3:18 PM Last edited by LaraPennington : 20th Dec 2014 at 12:55 PM.
CAW "Edit in game" Glitch and Save error [SOLVED]
I have a problem. And I don't know what the correct term for this is, if it's glitch/error etc.

When seen from above, my world and terrain paint looks fine.

But when I zoom in, it starts showing the blank grass layer, that you start up with. It glitches, and goes crazy. I can still roll around and stuff, it doesn't freeze. The graphics just go crazy.
I've tried exporting the game. It does the same. I can't paint terrain paint on the lots in Edit In Game. It doesn't show up.

Does anyone have the slightest clue what to do here?
It's only this particular spot here. It doesn't do it any other place in my world. It also only happens in "Edit in game" and it's also there when I export it and play it.

This is what is says when I try to save in Edit In Game. It saves just fine in CAW.

Translation:
Kunne ikke gemme verden - Failed to save world
FEJL: Filen kunne ikke gemmes på grund af en fejl - ERROR: The file couldn't be saved due to an error
Advarsel - Warning
INFORMATIONER: Filen blev gemt - INFORMATION: The file was saved

So far I've tried (unsuccessfully I might add):
- Reinstalling CAW
- Deleting the lots that were specified as "WARNING" in the log, when it failed to save in Edit In Game
- Deleting all the terrain paint, and painting new over

It came after I painted the terrain paint on that particular spot, added lots there and after that started up "Edit in game"

This is quite urgent, and I'm getting more and more frustrated, since it seems no one else online have ever had this problem before.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 6:18 PM
Okay, now I've tried with Riverview. Same result.

Only here in Edit In Game, I couldn't even see Riverview. There were water, and then a bit of mountains, with a very laggy road over..... When I returned to CAW it was fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 7:41 PM
And another update if I haven't already bored you to death.

I tried exporting the Riverview_Lite world, totally unedited. Right after I uninstalled and installed CAW again.
This is what showed up, when I started a new game..........

The roads only.......
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 12:20 PM
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire sims 3 game and packs. Same result.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 12:55 PM
IT WORKS! IT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOORKS!

Turns out when I tried to remake my World.sims3package to .package file, I left some of my worlds corrupted .packages in the Mods folder. Removed it and slaaaaaam. NO MORE FRUSTRATION!!!