Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 6:16 AM
Default Penpal Letters
//I really wasn't sure where to put this. I thought it kind of fit in Stories, but you can't have a story with more than one author. Pictures didn't seem right either. If it is in the terribly wrong forum then please move it. It's basically where one of my sims has decided to write to one of @AndrewGloria's sims and is intended for their letters. If my sim seems familiar it's because she's from a manga that I made sim versions of. I spoilered some of the pictures that went over the picture limit.

Mr Othello Moore
26 Via Veronaville
Veronaville

Dear Othello-san

I'm really glad that you agreed to become penpals with me. I've always wanted to have a penpal from another country to write to and to learn about other cultures with (and to practice my English). I saw some of the posts about you on Mod the Sims and I thought you looked like an interesting person. I hope that we can be good friends!

My name is Kanako. I enclosed a picture of myself.

It's a little embarrassing, because Tomoe-Nii snapped it while I was still in my pyjamas and then dared me to send it anyway, so I had to send it or I would have never heard the end of it.

I'm nine years old and live in Nagoya with my parents and my two older brothers. This is my family.

From the back left are my brothers Tomoe and Souichi, then Okaasan and Otousan are sitting down at the front. Everyone is all dressed up because we were just about to head up to the shrine for New Year.

I helped Okaasan make the food for New Year. I like to cook. Souichi Nii-san is so bad at it he's not allowed in the kitchen in case he sets something on fire.

This is everyone up at the shrine. We got to hear the bells and see fireworks (even though I dropped my sparkler just as the photo was taken) and I made a wish for happiness.

It's hard to think of what to say. I've never written a letter like this before. I hope you will write back and tell me all about you and your family!

Yours sincerely,

Tatsumi Kanako

5 Nakamura Place
Nagoya
Japan
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 3:12 PM
sweet .

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 3:58 PM
Actually, using collections of documents such as correspondence is a time-honored way of telling a story. The "epistolary" novel goes back to the 18th century and you can find plenty of recent examples, like "Griffin and Sabine" and Patricia Wrede/Carolyn Stevermere's "Cecilia and Kate" historical fantasies. This would fit right in over in stories, and would be easier for people to find there.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 4:57 PM
And about the author problem, you could just copy or link to AndrewGloria's responses.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 1:25 PM
Well, over a RL year with no response and I think that Kanako is going to have to give up on this one. She waited longer than I would have.
Link Ninja
#6 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 2:38 PM
This is a really neat idea though!!

Like what if people posted some of their sims/sim addresses who are looking for new penpals and then someone has their sim write a 'letter' to them?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Inventor
#7 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Well, over a RL year with no response and I think that Kanako is going to have to give up on this one. She waited longer than I would have.

Ah, poor Kanako.